3 | Awkward Sort of an Accident

''Wake up, girls! It's time to go to the World Cup!''

Y/n groaned, rolling on her side and tugging her blanket closer, trying to go back to sleep. It was too early for this. She was seriously considering not going to the Cup before Mrs. Weasley spoke directly to her. ''Y/n, can you wake up the boys as well? I have to start breakfast.''

When Mrs. Weasley closed the door, Y/n knew she had to get up. She sat up and yawned, looking out of the window. It was still dark outside, so it must be really early in the morning. It was unfair that Percy, Bill and Charlie can sleep in and apparate there later. Curse them being at legal age.

After she'd brushed her hair and teeth she made her way up to Ron's room. She twisted the doorknob and barged inside, though none of the boys stirred. With a small smirk on her face, she cupped her hands around her mouth and yelled.

''WAKEY, WAKEY WEASELS!''

Four loud groans rang through the room, causing Y/n to laugh. She jumped on top of Fred's mattress and attempted to jump on it, though it didn't work, as it wasn't an actual bed. She flung herself on top of the boy, causing his to groan again. ''C'mon, Fred! We're going to the World Cup!'' She rested her chin on her arms, which were folded on top of his chest, and looked at his face. His blanket was pulled up to his chin, so the two were separated from it.

''Love, I want to sleep,'' Fred mumbled, not opening his eyes.

''Yeah, I want to sleep, too, but we can't!'' Y/n told him.

''You know, I'll get up before you two start snogging.''

Y/n felt her cheeks getting warmer at George's comment. He got up and Harry and Ron quickly followed, though Y/n's eyes darted back to George, noticing him pick up a shirt and putting it on.

Before she could register what was happening Fred turned on his side, forcing Y/n to lay down next to him. He opened the blanket and covered her with it, which gave Y/n a glimpse of what was under the blanket. Her eyes widened as she noticed he was shirtless, much like his twin.

''Fred!'' She covered her eyes, though the image had been forever branded on her eyelids. It wasn't like she was complaining, it was that he was her best friend and wasn't it weird to be thinking of your best friend when he's shirtless?

''What is it, love? Not enjoying the view?'' Fred joked.

''No! I mean, yes! I mean-'' Y/n cut herself off before she could say anything more stupid and got up, rushing towards the door. ''I have to go and get ready! See you later!''

''Wait, Y/n-'' She didn't hear what he had to say after she closed the door and walked towards Ginny's room, keeping her hands on her warm cheeks. Ginny and Hermione were in the former's room, but stopped their conversation when Y/n entered the room.

''Are you okay?'' asked Hermione after seeing her friend's state.

''Your face is all red,'' Ginny pointed out. ''Are you ill?''

Y/n shook her head as she sat down on Ginny's bed. ''No.''

''What happened?''

''I-Fred-bed-''

''WHAT?''

''NO! Not like that!'' Y/n's face went even redder if possible and explained what had happened. She trusted them and they knew about her crush on Fred – they were her best girl friends, after all. ''It's nothing, really, I'm just overreacting.''

''Girls,'' Mrs. Weasley entered the room before any of the younger girls can comment. ''I'm going to Diagon Alley to buy your school supplies, since there might not be any time after the match. Hand me your lists and tell me what color dress robes you want.''

''Dress robes?'' Y/n asked as she handed Mrs. Weasley her school list. ''What do we need dress robes for?''

''Ah, dear, I'm afraid I cannot tell you,'' Mrs. Weasley said as she collected the three lists and before she spun on her heel and left, she added. ''But I can assure you, you'll find out soon enough.''

Y/n closed the door, her eyebrows furrowed as she turned to the two other girls. ''Dress robes?''

- - -

The three girls finally made their way downstairs after having changed, their packed up bags hoisted over their shoulders. Y/n noticed two other bags placed by the front door and went to put hers next to them, then went to find the twins, who were in the living room. They were quietly conversing with each other on the couch when she sat down next to them.

''What're you whispering about?'' Y/n whispered, causing Fred to jump slightly, noticing she'd sat herself next to him.

''Godric, Y/n, a little heads-up next time would be nice,'' said George, who also hadn't noticed her joining them, while Fred simply sat there, his cheeks dusted pink.

''Sorry,'' she apologized. ''What were you two talking about?''

''About-''

''Girls!'' Fred blurted out.

Y/n rose an eyebrow. ''Girls? Really?''

''Y . . . Yeah.'' George eyed Fred. ''We were talking about Fred's crush, actually.''

''Oh my, Fred has a crush?'' Y/n tried to sound as enthusiastic as possible. ''Who is she?''

''Angelina,'' Fred said, his voice going up a few octaves. He cleared his throat and seemed to be about to say something else, but decided against it.

''Angie? Yeah, she's nice.'' Y/n nodded and put on a smile. ''I just remembered I forgot something upstairs, I'll be right back.'' Before any of the twins could say anything she stood up and dashed up the stairs, locking herself in the first bathroom she found. She looked at herself in the mirror, trying her best not to cry.

C'mon, don't cry. They'll know if you do, she told herself and took a few deep breaths in, trying to calm down her uprising sob. She splashed water on her face and stood still for a second, feeling the cold water on her face. She gave herself a few seconds before she wiped her face and left the bathroom.

Almost everyone was at the table and eating breakfast when she finally made it back. There were two options – two open seats between Hermione and Mrs. Weasley and one next to Fred. She decided on sitting next to Fred, seeing as if she'd sat next to Hermione, it would've seemed suspicious.

Fred looked up from his breakfast when he heard the scraping of the chair. ''You alright, love?''

Y/n smiled weakly and nodded. ''Yeah.''

She decided that this new information shouldn't ruin her mood. Fred did say he likes Angelina, though he seemed uncertain. And George seemed pretty surprised himself. Maybe they were lying to her, Fred would've told her earlier if he really likes Angelina. But why would they lie to her?

Biting into her scrambled eggs, she decided, at least for now, to let the matter go.