41 | Grand Departure

''Are you sure you don't want to come with us?''

Fred had asked this at least twenty times for the past two days, yet she always gave him the same answer. ''Yes, Fred, I'm sure.''

He looked like a child being denied something. ''But I don't want to leave you here with that toad of a woman,'' Fred said and brought her hand to his lips, pressing a kiss. ''Besides, I'm going to miss you.''

''I'm going to miss you, too, Freddie. So much,'' Y/n said as she placed her other hand on his cheek, caressing it. He leaned in, knowing she wouldn't cave in. ''I want to graduate.''

He let out a sigh. ''Okay, I get it.''

''Thank you for understanding,'' Y/n said then leaned in, pressing a kiss to his lips.

It was the day the fifth years would be writing their first OWL and the day of Fred and George's grand departure. Right after she was done with breakfast Fred had dragged her up to his dorm so the two could have some alone time, knowing they wouldn't be seeing each other for the next two months.

They would both be busy – Fred with starting the shop and Y/n with studying for her NEWTs – but that didn't mean the two wouldn't think of one another when they go to sleep, or when they wake up. They'd certainly miss each other a lot.

Fred wrapped his arms around her, trapping her in a tight hug. Y/n hugged back and the two remained like that for a while, trying to savior the moment as much as possible. George came in, catching the two in the act. After bidding goodbye to him as well, Y/n left.

She and Lee walked around the school as they waited for Fred and George to start. It was fairly quiet, most students having classes. It didn't take long for the commotion to start, disturbing the OWLs of the fifth years. Fred and George flew out of the Great Hall, each of them having their broom. They flew towards the terrace and many students followed, forming a crowd.

Y/n stood at the front, along with Lee as they watched their best friends fly away, waving them off like all the other students. Fred caught Y/n's eye as he passed, giving her a wink and causing to smile.

The twins flew in the sky, creating a big 'W' out of fireworks as the two yelled out an advertisement for their shop, reminding all students to visit them in Diagon Alley.

And then they were off.

As the letter in the air disappeared, the crowd started dispersing, teachers beckoning them to go back to class. Y/n and Lee were laughing at the whole scene, though their happiness was tampered upon seeing the scary look on Umridge's face. She was looking straight at the two Gryffindors, as if ready to murder them on the spot.

- - -

''This is unbelievable!'' Umbridge yelled as she slapped her hands on her desk. ''Did you two know about this?''

Y/n and Lee shared a look before the former spoke. ''No, Headmistress.''

''You're lying!'' Umbridge yelled, her face becoming redder by the second. ''I'm sure you two knew! Maybe a drop of Veritaserum would make you speak the truth!''

The door opened and Y/n and Lee spun in their chairs, checking on who'd entered. McGonagall stood there, looking straight at Umbridge. ''May I speak with my Gryffindors, Dolores?'' asked the Head of the House, sparing a glance at the two students.

''It's Headmistress Umbridge to you, Professor McGonagall,'' Umbridge shifted her glare to McGonagall. ''As you can see, I'm currently speaking with them.''

''What may it be about?'' McGonagall said, inviting herself in the office.

''Whether they knew what Frederik and George Weasley were going to pull that stunt.''

McGongall looked at the two students. ''Did you know?''

The two shook their heads. ''No, Professor.''

''Then, Headmistress, I believe you cannot punish students for their friends' behavior. The ones held accountable should be Frederik and George Weasley, but as they have left the school, you cannot give them detention,'' McGonagall said. ''With that said, I will be escorting my students back to their class.''

Umbridge seemed as if she was about to burst, which did amuse Y/n, but she held the laughter in. McGonagall was right – Umbridge had no evidence that Y/n and Lee had known anything and she couldn't punish them for something the twins had done. Maybe if she'd used Veritaserum, then she'd have a chance, but that's not allowed anyway.

Y/n and Lee stood up and followed their teacher, not sparing Umbridge a glance. The three went to McGonagall's office, where she had them sit in the chairs in front of her desk. ''Have a biscuit.'' Y/n and Lee shrugged, and took a biscuit each.

''I know you knew about Mr and Mr Weasley and I'm pretty sure you helped somehow,'' McGonagall admitted, not really surprising either of the students. ''I just want you to be more cautious around Umbridge from now on. It's bound to get worse and we can only pray that she'll be gone by the end of the school year.''

The two nodded as they finished their biscuits. ''Thank you for saving us once again, Professor McGonagall,'' Y/n said, remembering the many times the teacher had covered for them and the twins these past seven years.

''That is no problem, L/n, Jordan,'' McGonagall shook her head in dismissal. ''Now, go back to your dorms and prepare for your exams. Please, I'm asking you, try to stay away from Umbridge's radar.''