43 | Weasley's Wizard Wheezes

Y/n entered her childhood home, unlocking the front door with her key. It felt nice to be home, after so long. They'd stayed up until late the night before, so Molly had insisted they all stay the night at the Burrow. And since everyone was too tired and full to disagree, they stayed.

''Mum? Dad?'' Y/n called as she placed her key in the cup next to the door. The house was quiet and she for sure knew her parents were home – they were always at home on Saturdays. She put her trunk down and started walking around the house, trying to find her parents.

''SURPRISE!'' She jumped when she opened the kitchen door. Y/n brought her wand out, pointing it in front of her in defense, but once she realized it was just her parents, she lowered her weapon and let out a relieved sigh.

''Mum, Dad, what is this?'' Y/n asked as she approached her parents, giving them a tight hug.

''It's a celebration for your graduation!'' her mum exclaimed. ''There's cake, too!''

M/n opened the fridge and brought out a red cake, the words 'CONGRATULATIONS ON GRADUATING, Y/N!' written on top in icing.

''I – thank you so much,'' Y/n said as she eyed the cake, then looked back at her parents. ''How did you know when I'll be back, though? Don't tell me you've been waiting here all morning!''

Her dad shook his head. ''No, Fred teleported and told us you're on your way before leaving for work.''

Y/n smiled. ''You mean apparated?''

''Probably,'' D/n nodded.

M/n cut the cake and the three of them sat down in the kitchen, eating their pieces and catching up. It was nice, sitting with them like this. They haven't had much family time in quite a while and Y/n enjoyed it.

- - -

Y/n apparated at the entrance of Diagon Alley, the shopping street being as busy as ever. Fred hadn't given her the shop's address, but he'd told her she couldn't miss it, which only fueled Y/n's need to see it.

Well, he was damn right.

The shop was massive, though that was not what gave it away. It was the moving big ginger figure on top of the entrance that caught her attention first. It looked brilliant, though.

It was practically packed inside and Y/n had trouble maneuvering through the entrance. There were a lot of people Y/n recognized from Hogwarts – like Collin and Daniel Creevy, Seamus Finnigan and Dean Thomas – and she waved at them.

Just as Fred and George had predicted it, Weasley's Wizard Wheezes was a success.

As she walked deeper into the shop, she noticed more and more products her and the twins had come up with and crafted throughout the years, it was like a museum to her.

''Y/n!'' She turned around at the call of her name, noticing none other than the best commentator Hogwarts has ever seen coming her way.

''Lee! Here to check out the shop as well?'' Y/n asked as the two stood in the middle of the shop.

''Yeah, I already saw Fred and George so I'm heading back home,'' Lee told her.

''Oh, alright,'' Y/n said. ''Where are Fred and George? I just arrived and haven't seen them yet.''

''Both of them are at the cash register,'' Lee said, pointing in the direction he'd come from.

''Thanks. You know, we should go out sometime, the whole group I mean,'' Y/n suggested.

''Y/n, we literally saw each other two days ago,'' Lee laughed. ''But sure.''

The two bade goodbye, then Y/n headed towards where the cash registers were. Both twins were indeed there, serving the customers with smiles on their faces. Y/n decided to let them be and decided to explore the store further.

''What're Extendable Ears?'' Y/n heard someone ask their friend. She looked at the two boys, who she was sure had seen around Hogwarts before, and walked up to them.

''It's for eavesdropping,'' Y/n said and the two looked at her. ''You put one of the ears on yours and then the other one extends and you can listen in on other people's conversations.''

''Wicked,'' the two boys said before picking a pair each. ''Thanks, ma'am!'' they said before scurrying off.

''You know your stuff, love,'' a familiar voice spoke and Y/n turned around to face her ginger boyfriend.

''Of course I do,'' Y/n said as she walked up to him and wrapped her arms around his neck. ''Weren't you working?''

''I was, but George and I saw you so when the lines became shorter I asked George to take over for me for a bit,'' he explained. ''We'll close in around thirty minutes anyway, so it's alright.''

''Do you like the shop? Sorry you had to tour it alone,'' Fred asked as the two pulled away from the hug.

''It's brilliant! I'm so proud of you,'' Y/n said as she pressed a kiss to his cheek.

''Thank you,'' Fred said and pulled her into him again, this time tighter. ''When we close, I'll show you the apartment, too. Do you want to stay over?''

Y/n blushed at his suggestion. Fred had left Hogwarts just two months before her, yet he already had his life sorted out. He had become an adult, whilst Y/n had no idea what she was going to do and lived with her parents.

''Sure.''

''Great!'' Fred gave her a cheeky smile, then wrapped her arm around his. ''Now, let me give you a proper tour.''

As he led her around, he pointed out different things, occasionally helping customers in need. ''We have so much work, we're thinking of hiring an assistant,'' Fred said.

''I can help you, too, you know,'' Y/n suggested.

''Are you finally accepting your third of the shop?'' Fred asked.

''No, not really,'' Y/n said, causing Fred to pout. ''The shop is yours, as I've told you countless of times. But, I can't really do anything until I receive my NEWT marks, so I have the time to help you.''

''It'd be nice if you decided to work here, that way I'd see you every day,'' Fred said. ''But what about you being an Auror? I don't want to hold you back.''

''I'm not sure about it yet,'' Y/n said. ''I need to get my marks first.''

''I get it,'' Fred nodded. ''Just know I'd support you, no matter what you chose to do.''

Y/n smiled at him. ''Aw, Freddie, you're so cute.''

''Oi, Fred!'' George approached the two. ''You two can flirt later, come help me close up.''

''Just a minute,'' Fred said, then turned backto Y/n as his brother walked away. ''We'll be quick and then we can go upstairsand cook dinner. We have ingredients upstairs, surprisingly.''