34 | Decorations

Y/n had never been to St. Mungo's before, so she found it fascinating. It looked like a regular hospital, but in the same time not. It was full of witches and wizards, old and young, a lot of whom clad in greed robes. Fred had explained that those were the healers.

Moody and Tonks told the group they'd wait outside whilst the Weasleys pay Arthur a visit. Y/n wanted to stay out as well, seeing as it was a family matter, but Fred had ushered her to go in the hospital room before him. She understood about Harry going in – he was the one who knew about the attack in the first place. But why was she being pulled along?

There were three patients in the room. Mr. Weasley was in the far end, right next to a tiny window. He was propped up on his bed, bandages here and there, reading the Daily Prophet.

''Hello!'' Arthur greeted upon noticing the arrival of his visitors, putting the paper away. ''Bill just left, Molly. Had to go back to work, but he says he'll drop in on you later.''

''How are you, Arthur?'' asked Molly as she sat down on a stool next to her husband's bed.

Arthur said he was feeling fine, which was a relief. The twins started asking him about his mission, but Arthur and Molly said they couldn't speak about it there, though the boys kept on pushing the matter. At the end, all kids were sent out of the room and Molly called Tonks and Moody in the room.

''Fine,'' Fred said, digging through his pockets. ''Be like that. Don't tell us anything.''

''Looking for these?'' George said as he pulled out a tangled mess of flesh colored strings and ears. Extendable Ears.

''You read my mind.'' Fred grinned. ''Let's see if St Mungo's puts Imperturnable Charms on its wards doors, shall we?''

The twins untangled the six pairs of Extendable Ears, then passed them around. Y/n took it uncomfortably, not wanting to overstep, but she noticed Fred and George already pestering Harry, so she didn't want to cause the two more trouble and risk them to be heard.

''Go on, Harry, take it! You saved Dad's life. If anyone's got the right to eavesdrop on him, it's you.''

- - -

''Fred, can you please pass me the fairy lights?'' Y/n spoke as she turned around, trying not to fall from the ladder she was standing on.

''Can't you just Accio them to yourself?'' Fred asked. He was sprawled over the couch, slacking from work and Y/n couldn't wait for Molly to walk in and see him.

''For the tenth time, Fred, I don't want to use magic to decorate! It's much more fun without using magic!'' Y/n groaned. ''I swear, you've turned lazier since you turned seventeen.''

With a groan, Fred got up and passed her the fairy lights. ''You're such a nice girlfriend.''

''Thank you,'' Y/n said as she put the lights up. Once done she climbed down, taking a sip from the Butterbeer George had just brought for the three of them.

The three of them were told to decorate the living room and Y/n was ecstatic. She hadn't gotten to decorate for Christmas in a long time and she was extremely happy for the opportunity – unlike Fred and George. The twins had wanted to use magic to get the work done faster, but Y/n was having none of that, so she'd taken their wands away until they finished with the decorations.

''We have to put up the tree, now,'' Y/n instructed, eyeing the Christmas tree that was laying on the ground. The twins groaned, knowing they'd be the ones to do the heavy lifting. They picked it up, then walked over to the place Y/n had chosen to place the tree, right next to the fireplace.

''Okay, a bit more to the left - no wait to the right. Nevermind, it's your left so go to the left -''

''Y/n!'' Fred and George groaned in unison.

The girl laughed. ''I'm messing with you, you can put it down now. It's perfect.''

Fred and George put the tree down, sighing in relief from being freed from the heavy weight. Y/n brought over the box full of Christmas ornaments for the tree and the three of them got to putting them on its branches – or at least the visible ones.

It took them a while, but they got it done at last. There was only the star left, which each twin could put up with ease, but they knew Y/n would want to be the one to put it up, so the two lifted her up and on their shoulders. Y/n quickly put the star on and then, after almost being dropped, she admired their work.

''Good work, Freddie, Georgie,'' Y/n said as she wrapped her arms around their shoulders, bringing them in a tight hug.

She took their wands out of her pocked and handed them back to their owners. ''Here you go,'' Y/n said as she two boys took their wands back. ''Now you can sit down and be lazy all you want. I'll go help with dinner.''

Y/n walked out of the living room as the twins plopped down on the coach, finishing what's left of their drinks. ''Hey, Georgie, can we sneak out to Diagon Alley tomorrow?''

''Sure,'' George shrugged at his brother's suggestion. ''What for, though?''

''I need to buy something,'' Fred said.

''Alright. Have you asked if Y/n is coming?''

''She isn't. She's the one I'm buying something for.''

Y/n had just entered the kitchen, seeing Molly already cooking. The younger girl asked her what she can help with and Molly had asked her to peel the potatoes, which Y/n got to immediately.

She finished quickly, then grabbed a glass of water before she continues helping. She started drinking when Molly asked, ''Have you and Fred done it yet, dear?''

Fortunately for Y/n, she was standing over the sink when she spit all her water out and looked at Molly with wide eyes and rosy cheeks. ''No . . . no, we haven't, Molly.''

The redheaded woman narrowed her eyes in suspicion. ''Are you lying to me?''

Y/n shook her head. ''No!'' she called. ''I swear to Godric, we haven't!''

Molly laughed at the girl's reaction. ''I'm just joking, dear. I wouldn't have been mad if you've done it, I just don't want any grandchildren from you two yet.''

The younger girl couldn't help but wonder, what the hell just happened?