7 | Jealousy

It was calmer by the time Y/n, Ginny and the twins made it back to the tent. Y/n looked up at the sky and noticed a familiar symbol – The Dark Mark. Her breath hitched. Did they kill someone? What happened?

Bill seemed okay, Charlie had a gash across his arm and Percy was overreacting over his bleeding nose, otherwise they were unarmed. Mr. Weasley arrived soon after them, Harry, Ron and Hermione in tow. He informed them that it was okay now and that they would have a few hours of sleep before heading back to the Burrow.

Y/n had a few hours of restless sleep before she, Hermione and Ginny were awoke by Mr. Weasley. The group packed their things and headed back towards the meeting point so they can catch the Portkey. The Diggorys were already there when they arrived, Cedric approaching Y/n.

''Are you alright?''

''We're all fine,'' Fred retorted at Cedric's question, which gave Y/n a strange sense of déjà vu. Cedric furrowed his eyebrows at the red head, though he didn't comment any further. Everyone got around the boot again, transporting them back on the hill.

''Goodbye, Y/n,'' Cedric called, causing the h/c haired girl to stop in her steps and turn around to face him.

''Bye, Cedric,'' she said then turned around, catching up with the Weasleys.

The journey back was rather quiet – no one was really sure if they should talk about what had happened. Once they arrived at the Burrow, Molly attacked the twins with hugs, apologizing for having yelled at them before they left, since that could've been the last thing she'd told them. She hugged everyone else after she moved on from the twins, including Y/n and Hermione.

Mrs. Weasley had indeed gone to Diagon Alley – their school supplies were laid out neatly on the bed when they arrived back in Ginny's room. Next to each pile, a bag was placed. Y/n peaked inside hers and noticed the f/c fabric. She took it out and observed the beautiful dress robes. Mrs. Weasley did have an eye for this, it seemed.

''Your dress robes are really beautiful, Y/n,'' Ginny commented when she noticed the girl looking at her dress.

''Thank you. Yours is really nice, too, Ginny,'' Y/n said when she noticed the laid out red dress robe, then the periwinkle one at Hermione's. ''Yours too, Hermione.''

After double checking if Mrs. Weasley had gotten them everything they needed for the start of the new school year, then packed everything in their trunks.

- - -

They were once again awoken way too early for their liking. Mrs. Weasley had barged into the room and opened the curtains in a matter of seconds, telling the girls to wake up, or they would be late for the Hogwarts Express. Not too long after that everyone was sitting around the table together for the last time this summer, eating Mrs. Weasley's delicious breakfast.

When Fred, George and Y/n went through the wall at King's Cross, they quickly spotted Lee, who was standing with Angelina and Alicia. Y/n's face fell slightly upon seeing Angelina, remembering about Fred's feelings towards her. Though she wasn't sure if it was even true, there was still a possibility that he does like her.

They had to go back to the rest of the Weasleys to say goodbye. Bill and Charlie had come to send them off as well, both of them looking quite exited.

Mrs. Weasley turned to Harry, Hermione and Y/n, then said, ''I would invite you over for Christmas, but I expect you'd want to stay at Hogwarts with what's happening.''

''You've been saying this all summer! What is happening at Hogwarts?'' Fred asked, looking at his mother and older brothers suspiciously.

''We're not allowed to tell you yet, but I'm sure you'll find out soon enough,'' Bill said. ''I really wish I was at Hogwarts this year.''

''Yeah, me too, though I think I can stop by and watch a bit of it!'' Charlie added.

''Watch what?'' Ron asked.

''Ah, dears, you'll miss the train! Off you go!'' Mrs. Weasley beckoned them to climb on. The seven of them climbed on and entered the first compartment they saw, Fred and George pocking their heads out of the window.

''Tell us what's happening at Hogwarts!'' both of them demanded, though Mrs. Weasley, Bill and Charlie merely waved.

The twins turned around and grabbed their trunks, turning around the face the three fourth years. ''Alright, we should be off,'' Fred announced. ''It was nice spending the summer with you, but there's only so much we can take.'' The three of them walked away, going to find Lee and their friends.

When they did find them, Y/n asked Fred to put her trunk inside and said that she'd see them later. ''What? Why?'' the redhead questioned, slightly pouting.

''I'm a Prefect,'' Y/n reminded him. ''I have to go and check up on the kids.''

''Wait, you have to do that again?'' Fred whined, causing Y/n to laugh.

''Yes, I do,'' she said. ''I'll see you guys later.'' She walked away, feeling slightly better that she wouldn't have to be in the same compartment with a love-struck Fred and Angelina.

Fred sighed as he watched her go, entering the compartment and slumping down next to his brother. Lee, Angelina and Alicia eyed him up oddly, whilst George only snickered at his brother's state.

''What's gotten you down?'' Alicia was the one to ask.

''Nothing,'' Fred mumbled and looked out of the window.

''Yeah, nothing except that Y/n had to go do Prefect duties and he fucked up in the summer,'' George exposed his brother.

''What did he do?'' asked Angelina with amusement in her voice.

''He told Y/n he likes you,'' George told her.

Lee laughed. ''You didn't!''

''Shut up,'' Fred grumped, trying to ignore them.

''Oh, also, he's jealous of pretty-boy Diggory,'' George added.

''What? Diggory?'' Lee cocked an eyebrow. ''Why him of all people?''

''We happened to take the same Portkey to the World Cup and Diggory seemed pretty interested in Y/n's well-being,'' George explained. ''And Fred got jealous right in front of her. Honestly, I'm surprised she hasn't figured out he likes her yet. He's pretty obvious.''

''You do know that Diggory is the Hufflepuff Prefect, right?'' reminded Angelina, causing Fred to become sourer than before.

- - -

After making her rounds, Y/n finally entered the Prefect traincart. Everyone else was already there, including the male Gryffindor Prefect and. There was only one free spot, which happened to be next to Cedric, so Y/n sat next to him.

''Hello, Y/n,'' Cedric greeted, cutting his conversation with the two sixth-year Ravenclaw Prefects short.

''Hi.''

''You didn't get to tell me if you're alright after the World Cup,'' Cedric told her.

Y/n nodded. ''As Fred said, I'm alright and so is everybody else. He was there to protect me and his sister, along with George.''

''I bet he was,'' Cedric mumbled quietly.

''Excuse me?'' Y/n asked, having not heard him properly.

''Oh, nothing,'' Cedric said, shaking his head. ''I just said I'm glad you're okay.''

''Yeah.'' Y/n shifted uncomfortably in her seat before the girl who was the Hufflepuff Prefect called her over, a free seat Y/n hadn't noticed before next to her. ''Oh, Piper's calling me. I'll see you later, alright?'' She stood up before Cedric could protest, scurrying over to sit next to the girl, happy to have an excuse to end her awkward conversation