56 | The Beginning of the End

Y/n sat with Bill and Fleur in the living room, the four of them enjoying their cups of tea. The twins had been sent to do some Order work, leaving Y/n with the couple, which she didn't mind, as she enjoyed their presence.

Ron had left a few weeks prior to look for Harry and Hermione, but no one knew if he'd actually found them. Considering he never came back, Y/n had high hopes that he did.

''There's someone outside,'' Bill spoke all of the sudden, his eyebrows furrowed as he looked out of the small window. He got up, taking his wand out of his pocket. Y/n did the same and the two went to the door, Fleur standing behind them with her own wand.

Y/n peaked from the small window, seeing the two figures at the beach. ''Wait . . .'' she spoke, squinting her eyes. ''Isnt that Luna Lovegood?''

''Wait, Y/n!''

She didn't listen. Instead, she threw the door open and ran down to the beach at full speed. When she neared, she was able to make out the second person, who was Mr. Olivander. Both of them looked dirty and worn out, though Luna had a small, dreamy smile on her face.

- - -

''Lay her here,'' Y/n spoke, opening the door to the guest room she and Fred use. Ron nodded and carried the weak Hermione in, laying her down on the bed. Fleur then walked in with a bowl of water and a rag.

Y/n uncovered Hermione's arm, the one Ron told her was injured, and stiffened. There, carved in her skin, was the word 'MUDBLOOD'. Y/n stared at it wide eyed, not believing what she was seeing. Bellatrix Lestrange carved a word in Hermione's skin just because she was a muggleborn. She branded a teenager with the disgraceful word for life.

Taking a rag from the cup, she squeezed the water out of it. Carefully taking Hermione's arm in her hand, Y/n lightly dabbed the wound with the cloth and cleaned the blood. Soft whimpers left Hermione's mouth and Ron went to her other side, grabbing her free hand.

Taking her wand out, Y/n muttered under her breath, ''Ferula.'' Crisp white bandages appeared and wrapped around Hermione's arm, hiding and protecting the gruesome wound. Y/n can't even begin to imagine how traumatic this was for her.

Hermione seemed to relax as Y/n finished, thanking her. Y/n smiled at the younger girl, giving her hand a squeeze. She got up after that, leaving her to rest.

Harry was back from burying Dobby, sitting on the couch. Y/n sat next to him, placing a hand on his back. He was just staring at nothing. One could see how broken and tired he was just by looking in his eyes.

''Y/n . . .'' he spoke, his voice barely over a whisper. ''I don't want anyone else to die for me.''

- - -

Y/n leaned against Fred as the two sat on the couch in front of the fireplace, the red flames illuminating the room and bringing some warmt. It wasn't that late, but it was getting dark already. Fred had brought a blanket, so the two of them were wrapped in it.

She rubbed circles with her thumb on Fred's chest, enjoying the moment of peace. Deep down, she could feel this uneasy feeling in her chest, like something was about to happen, and it was scaring her. She cuddled closer to Fred, nuzzling her face in the crook of his neck.

''You're oddly cuddly tonight,'' Fred spoke with a light chuckle, running a hand through her hair.

''I'm always cuddly,'' Y/n said, pressing a light kiss on his neck.

''Yeah, true.'' Fred breathed out. ''Do you . . . want kids?''

Y/n leaned away from his neck and looked up at him. His expression was so serious and cute in the same time, it was warming up her insides. ''Yeah, I do.''