17 | Plans

Y/n sat next on the bleachers anxiously, the twins and Lee sitting next to her. Everyone was already at the Black Lake, the task being to start in a few minutes, yet Harry was not there. Y/n hasn't seen him, or Ron and Hermione ever since yesterday, when her and the twins were supposed to bring the two to McGonagall, which had started to worry Y/n. What if something had happened to them? Knowing them and their kink of getting in trouble, it wouldn't be unlikely.

Someone sprinted towards the other Champions, Y/n recognized him as Harry. She let out a relieved sigh, though she still wondered where Ron and Hermione were. The task started, all four Champions jumping in the lake. That wasn't one of the most exciting things to watch, so Y/n rested her head against Fred's shoulder. He, in turn, took her hand in his and held it tightly, continuing his conversation with George and Lee.

''So, you and Angelina, huh?'' Fred teased and Y/n looked up, tuning in the conversation.

''It's nothing like that!'' George exclaimed. ''It's just that, we really had a good time at the Yule Ball. And she was, like, really pretty and I can't stop thinking about her for some reason.''

''That's what having a crush is like, George.'' Y/n laughed.

''Of course you two would know.'' George rolled his eyes, causing Y/n to blush and Fred to roll his eyes.

Their conversation was cut short by the commotion from the Black Lake. Fleur was taken out. She was disqualified, since she didn't save her person. Y/n let out a relieved sigh, knowing at least one of her friends was alright. Cedric came up with Cho a bit after that, then Krum – or well, half-Krum, half-shark – appeared up with Hermione. Y/n perked up, seeing her friend there. She stood up, excusing herself as she passed through the people.

''Y/n, wait!'' Fred called and followed after her, George and Lee in tow. The three made it down and to the small port and Y/n immediately rushed over to Hermione to make sure she's okay. She wrapped her arms around the trembling girl, trying to keep her warmer.

Two heads came above the surface – a redhead and a blonde. Ron helped Fleur's younger sister to make it to the land, passing her to Fred and George, who pulled her out, then helped their brother as well. Harry, though, was still yet to be seen. Y/n asked Ron, but he seemed just as clueless as her.

Harry flew out of the lake, landing on the wooden plans. He was immediately helped up and brought over, but he'd finished after the time limit. Dumbledore leaned down to talk with the Merepeople, then he announced the scores. Cedric had finished first, and Harry was awarded second place, since he would've finished first if he hadn't wanted to save the others as well.

Y/n caught Cedric's gaze. She gave him thumbs up and a smile, but he simply looked away, saying something to a drenched Cho. The Ravenclaw threw the Gryffindor a look once again, then turned back to her boyfriend, causing Y/n to sigh.

- - -

Fred sat on his four poster, his notebook in his lap and the end of his quill in his mouth. He'd been pondering over how he could possibly ask Y/n to be his girlfriend, at a long last. He knew she fancies him now, so he needn't wait anymore. He just needs to ask.

He couldn't just ask, though. He had to come up with a special way to do it. Something unforgettable. Something impressive. Y/n was a special girl and Fred can do special things, right? He had to put effort into this. It was hard to think up something special enough for her.

The dorm room was opened and George walked in, falling on his bed with a sigh. ''Just finished detention?'' Fred asked. The two had played a prank on Snape and only George had been caught.

''Yup.''

''What'd he make you do?''

"Clean up his whole classroom until he can see his reflection," George complained. "Honestly, why would he want to see his reflection? I mean, he ain't that much of a pretty sight."

Fred chuckled. "Yeah."

George sensed the uneasiness in his brother's voice and sat up in the bed. ''What's bothering you?''

''I still haven't figured out how to ask Y/n to be my girlfriend,'' Fred confessed.

"Have you thought of buying flowers and chocolate and asking her? George said. ''Girls love that.''

Fred sighed. "I know, I've thought about it, but it's too simple and Y/n is far from that," he explained. "It has to be something special."

"How special?" asked George.

"Really special."

"Do you mind landing in detention afterwards?" George asked.

"Of course I don't, we practically live in detention anyway,'' Fred said, faint blush dusting his cheeks. ''Besides, I'd do anything for her.''

"Well, then, I might just have an idea. We still need flowers, though."

- - -

Y/n sat in the library with Hermione, the two of them finishing up their homework. It was mostly quiet as the two worked, wanting to finish their assignments before the weekend so they'll be able to go hang out at Hogsmade along with Ginny.

''So,'' Hermione spoke and Y/n looked up. ''Has Fred asked you?''

Y/n cocked an eyebrow. ''Asked me what?''

''To be his girlfriend!''

''Oh.'' Y/n shook her head. ''No, he hasn't. Why, are you betting on that as well?''

''Look, I'm not losing to Ron, alright?'' Hermione declared. ''But, as your friend, I'll be happy when he does, since that'll make you happy, right?''

''Yeah,'' Y/n nodded her head, a small smile stretching on her lips.

''It's okay, I'm sure he'll ask you soon enough,'' Hermione reassured her.

''I hope so.''