chapter 9 || mocha tiramisu

"My dear! Don't you guys look familiar?"

You and Todoroki turned your heads to the unfamiliar voice that you just heard.

"Oh my? Aren't you from the sports festival few years ago?" The woman looked like in her mid 30's, with few white streaks coming out from her scalp on her dyed-blonde hair. "My niece was such a huge fan! Todoroki and (L/n), am I correct?"

We both nodded our heads stiffly, not saying a word at all.

"While you're here, let me take to you to my cafe just around here. You don't need to pay, darlings," she said in a sweet voice.

You and Todoroki looked at each other hesitantly. Hopefully she doesn't plan to do something, does she? A shiver ran down to your spine.

"How do we know you're not planning to do.. something bad I suppose?" Todoroki spoke up to the woman, as if he just read your mind.

She laughed, which made us confused. "Ah.. so cautious, aren't ya? If I do plan to do something, it's a fact that I'll surely be defeated by you two," she stated, wiping the tears from her eyes from laughing.

"So, how about we head over to my cafe? My treat!"

——

"Just sit here and let me give you a drink. What do you guys want? Is tea fine with you?" She asked us.

"Yes. Thank you," I said, as she nodded in satisfaction and went over to the kitchen.

You and Todoroki are currently in the beach cafe of the woman, in which you don't know her name yet. You don't know how you agreed on this, but knowing you're going to eat without paying is an offer you definitely won't pass on.

"Here is some tea for both of you. Here's also a leftover of Mocha Tiramisu cake that I baked, if you don't mind," she stated, putting the plate and cup down. You drooled at the cake as you dug in. Your taste buds screamed in delight from the delicious food. "This is amazing!" You exclaimed, taking another bite.

"Yeah. It's actually one of the best sellers. Good thing there's still some left." She said, sheepishly. "It's good." Todoroki commented, taking a sip from the tea after eating a bite. She nodded. You can see that she's flattered by his complement.

"Oh, I'm Ana Chiba, by the way. Sorry I didn't tell you guys sooner," she apologized. We introduced ourselves back to her, even though she knew our names already.

She grabbed a plate and fork from the kitchen again and got some cake with a different flavor. "Wait 'till she sees you guys! But I'm not sure if she's arriving any time soon.." she poured herself a cup of tea. "It's such an honor to meet you guys in person!"

"Hehe, it's nothing really," you rubbed the back of your neck.

"It's still sketchy though," Todoroki spoke up protectively. "What are you planning to do with us? It's not everyday that a stranger treats us like we're all childhood friends, which we aren't."

You were shocked of how blunt he was being. "Todoroki, who knows what she's going to do with us. She just wants to be nice. Even if there's something wrong with her, we are capable of protecting ourselves, right?" You explained to the Canadian flag haired boy.

You looked at Ana. She looked at the both of you with concern plastered on her face, her lips were tight in a straight line. "Well, I'm not sure if I can say this, but if he insists.."

You both immediately averted your attention to her. Not expecting with that reply, you looked at the woman, patiently waiting on what she was gonna say.