chapter 18 || how can i be a todoroki..?

After you stayed in the hospital for a few more days, you were finally discharged already.

You and Bakugo were walking around the streets together. No one said anything but that didn't mind you.

While walking, you suddenly got a text from your best friend.

Mina: Heyy!! How are you?? Aren't you discharged already?

Mina: Hold on, let me pick u up!

(Y/n): Hii, I'm fine, but you don't need to pick me up. I'm on the way to the dorm with Bakugo. We'll see you there!

Mina: Ooh,, ;) alright! I shouldn't disturb you both then hehe

Assuming that will be her last text, you closed your phone and placed it on your bag.

He then looked at you and the phone that was finally in your bag.

You looked at him back. "It's just Mina. Why?" You said.

"Pfft, didn't even fucking ask." He looked away. You rolled your eyes as you continued to walk side by side.

After a few minutes, you've finally arrived at your dorm. You opened the door to reveal a bunch of your classmates in the main area. Some were either eating or lounging on the sofas.

"(F/N)!!" A female voice lunched to you and hugged you tightly. You were clearly suffocating as you tried to hug her back.

"Mina, please. She just got discharged.." Momo said worriedly at the scene as she finally let you go. You breathed heavily.

"I miss you so much!" She said, holding your hands together. "Aww! Miss you too!" You smiled sweetly at her.

You noticed Bakugo walking away as Kirishima greeted him. You were chatting with Mina when Todoroki walks to you.

"Hi!" You greeted him, as he looked down guiltily. He finally took the courage to look up to you. "I'm sorry, (L/n). If I wasn't so careless then you wouldn't have-"

You slapped his arm hard. He groaned as he rubbed for the pain to get away. "It's okay, dude! At least I'm still alive! I'm strong and capable." You genuinely said so he won't have to feel guilty anymore.

"It's bound to happen anyway. Now I know that I shouldn't push myself too much." You chuckled. "I'm serious, if you're gonna apologize to me again, I might as well slap you harder." You joked as he stared at you shocked, not getting the joke.

"I'm kidding. It's alright. I'm alright. We're alright, and that's what matters, okay?" You patted him as he nodded. You noticed him smile a little.

With his quiet demeanor always displayed, you wondered how can someone look so handsome with that smile. How can I be a Todoroki?

You walked around the room to greet some of your classmates when someone knocked on your door.

It opened to reveal Aizawa-sensei. You all greeted as you saw him.

He made eye contact with you. "(L/n), come her for a sec," he said as you obediently followed him.

"Did you get discharged today?" He asked and you nodded. "Hope you're feeling better. There's also someone who visited you."

You looked at him confused as you saw a familiar girl popped out of nowhere. She waved at you shyly.

"Kira!" You said as you hugged her. "I miss you!" She said, hugging you back.

"Now's my time to leave. Rest well, (L/n)," he said, walking away.

"How have you been? It's been a long time!" You said excitedly.

"I'm good! I heard you got injured from your training camp," she proceeded worriedly. "I just want to check on you."

You smiled brightly on how she cared for you. "I'm fine, as you can see. I just got discharged today. The doctor said I just need to rest and I'm 100% good!" You rubbed her shoulder, assuring her that you're alright.

"Oh, that's good!" She said as she then searched through her bag to reveal a white box with cute decorations. "I've made these cupcakes for you. I really hope you can enjoy these while taking a rest!" She sais brightly. You took a cupcake and took a big bite.

"It's delicious!" You complimented. "Thank you so much!" She blushed as she looked away.

"It's no problem! You can share these to your classmates too, if you want." She added.

You both continued to chat until Kira needed to go. You waved at her goodbye as you went back to the dorm.

You placed down the box of cupcakes on the dining table as many hurriedly went around. "You can have one!" You said happily, as they took one of each.

You enjoyed watching your classmates eat the cupcakes. Mina then came to you with a cupcake. "Did you know? Sensei said that we won't have classes up until first week of January, which means we'll have a very long break!" She said excitedly.

"That's great!" You said, taking a bite of her cupcake.

"Say, isn't your birthday in a few weeks?" She questioned as you nodded. "You're turning 18 already! Won't you have like a grand party for it?"

You thought for a moment. "I'm not too sure.."

Just then suddenly you receive a phone call. "One second, I need to take this," you said as she nodded. You went to a quieter area to answer it.

You then looked at it to see the caller. As you saw him name, you rolled your eyes annoyingly. I thought I blocked this dude.

You hung up, but not a second later he called again. Knowing he's gonna continually call again, you picked it up.

"What?" You spat. "My daughter? How are you feeling?"

Just the voice you can only hear makes you wanna throw your phone outside the window.

"If you're just gonna keep asking how I am then might as well just end the call. We're not going anywhere at this point," You said through the phone.

You heard him sigh. "I heard you were attacked. Your teacher called me and I just wanted to check on you."

You bit your lip. "Wow, you cared so much that you didn't even bother visiting me while staying at the hospital for weeks, Dad."

"I'm sorry, I was really busy-"

"You're sorry? Are you hearing yourself? In those three weeks, you could've have cancelled just one plan to visit me for like five minutes. Oh wait, I probably didn't want to see you anyway."

You knew you were really harsh on him, but you couldn't control your anger, and he knows that. You will never forget the traumatizing memories from your past.

You were seriously already having a headache just by talking to him. Not because you just got discharged.

"(F/n), I'm sorry. I really am. I wanna make it up to you.. So I already planned and settled a grand party for your 18th birthday. I'll pay for everything. The cake, the gown, everything you want. I've already sent invitations to all your classmates. If you wanna invite more, I can let you send-"

"Wait, what?!" You almost exploded but you contained yourself. "Fine, FINE. Do whatever you want. I won't stop you, but don't think this will make me change my mind about you." You hung up after that word and stomped away.

You then looked up to see Bakugo. You were shocked to see him. "I'm sorry, were you eavesdropping..?"

"I was planning to go where you're going but I didn't notice you were there." He said as you looked down in embarrassment.

"It's okay, you don't have to feel apologetic," you smiled as you passed by him.

You continued walking toward your classmates and you noticed a green-haired freckled boy going towards you.

"(L/n)! Uraraka and I about to head out. Do you and Bakugo wanna go together?"