chapter 13 || the light that gave you hope

"For the second task of the day, we've prepared a big maze for all of you to get through. This will lead you back to your cabins." Aizawa explained.

"But this isn't any ordinary maze." He continued. "Villain bots will be scattered in the maze itself. Your mission is to get through the maze without getting lost and reaching until the end of it before the sun completely sets down. Quirks can be used to attack bots but not to go over the maze. You may work in pairs, groups or alone."

"This mission is to especially help improve your reflexes and problem-solving skills, so do not ever slack off. We'll be watching so no one cheats."

Everyone nodded as they went to find their groupings. You tried your best to not look over to Todoroki nor Bakugo because it's still awkward as hell. You did a mistake of glancing to Todoroki and he caught you staring right at him, which you immediately looked away in complete embarrassment and shock. Thankfully, no one was talking about yesterday's incident. After a few minutes of shuffling to your group mates, you ended up being with Mina and Tsuyu.

"Now everyone's formed into groups, Midoriya's group will be the first to enter, followed by (L/n)'s group. I'll announce the next few groups later." He explained, as Midoriya, Todoroki and Shoji entered.

"Gosh, I'm nervous!" Mina slapped her cheeks, tried to calm herself down. "Don't worry, Mina-chan. We'll work as a team and we'll get through it in no time, isn't that right (F/n)-chan? ribbit," Tsuyu patted her back.

"I'm sure we will if we cooperate with one another." I reassured.

After a few minutes, he spoke up. "Okay, (L/n)'s group, you may enter-"

"HEY EXTRAS!"

You didn't even bother to turn around. "EVEN IF I'M NOT THE FIRST ONE TO ENTER, I'LL MAKE SURE I'LL BE THE FIRST FUCKING ONE TO FINISH THIS GODDAMN MAZE. JUST WAIT YOU MOTHERFUCKERS." He yelled cockily.

"Psh, this ain't a competition," you said to yourself, hoping no one heard you.

"WHAT'S THAT? DO YOU WANNA FUCKING FIGHT?!" Bakugo yelled, his head was red from screaming. His bloodshot eyes were facing towards your blank (e/c) eyes. You rolled your eyes and grabbed Mina and Tsuyu's wrists, entering the maze without answering back.

Bakugo continued to yell that you paid no attention to. "I thought for a second he's gonna be quiet throughout the day, guess I'm wrong," Mina commented, which you replied with a 'true'.

"Guys, sorry to interrupt your talk but let's focus here for a sec, I'm trying to hear if there's any bots around." Tsuyu explained, which made us all silent. "Okay let's keep moving, it doesn't seem like there's isn't any nearby."

You three moved forward. "Let's turn right over there," you pointed as you headed first.

You turned to your right and immediately leaped back as a lazer was blasted in front of you. You looked to see a bot trying to attack you as you moved from side to side, avoiding hurting you.

"Holy shit! I swear I didn't hear that thing at all!" You yelled.

"Careful, (F/n)-chan!" Tsuyu exclaimed. She and Mina were both shocked from the sudden appearance. They realized this is what Aizawa meant for improving your reflexes.

"Don't worry, I got this!" You smirked, rolling your shoulders.

You extended your hair as you grabbed it tightly around its body, crushing it. You heard the equipment shatter inside the robot as you jumped behind it.

"Mina, pour acid all over the bot until it malfunctions while Tsuyu, grab the bottom part to keep it from moving. Make sure you immediately let go before the acid trails down to your tongue! I'll protect this path so he won't escape further!" You instructed and they obliged. As Mina poured acid all over him, Tsuyu let go her tongue as the robot starts to shake. You can tell it's malfunctioning, but it isn't enough.