chapter 40 || reality

Your hand grabs your wrist in nervousness as you walked behind Bakugo.

No one said anything, it was pure silent, which drives you crazy from the awkward atmosphere.

You kept thinking about a while ago. Did he see you? If he did, it would be so awkward, considering he's literally kissing her while you just stare at him in the process.

No one does that. No one.

You both walked back in the main room, where almost everyone hangs out there. There weren't a lot of people, probably some of them went back to their rooms.

"Get out," he suddenly commanded to everyone in that room.

Everyone looked at each other in confusion, wondering their next move.

"You don't have to kick them out." You said. "It's not like you own this place."

"I don't care." He said out loud. "We need privacy. Everyone leave."

He sounded angry as he said that. Not wanting anyone to deal with his temper, they all obeyed and left the room and kept glancing at the both of us as they leave.

You went in the kitchen to grab a glass of water. You took a long sip before putting it back down on the counter.

"So?" You looked at him. "What's the matter?"

He didn't say anything, as he proceeded to eye you up and down. He stared long at the bandage on my leg.

"It's no big deal. I just tripped," you said as it was nothing.

"Why did you run away?"

You avoided his intense gaze.

"That wasn't like you at all."

"I was just surprised, that's all," you lied. "I didn't want to interrupt both of you, so I left."

"You didn't have to run and trip yourself," he walked closer to you.

"Also, surprised? That's bullshit."

"What? Can I not run when I get surprised?"

"What I meant is, the main reason is not that you're surprised."

You looked at him curiously.

"You looked like you didn't like the scene."

You scoffed. "Didn't like? Of course I don't like it when people do PDA in public."

He sighed. "That's not why you didn't like it, and you know that."

"Know what?" You barked back. "You think you know everything? So what if I'm mad about you and Uraraka? It isn't your problem."

"You're mad because of me and Uraraka?" He asked, surprised.

Shit.

"N-no, I didn't say anything about you and her. What are you talking about?" You stuttered.

"Are you jealous?"

Yes I am, but no way I'm saying that to you.

"No, I'm not," you denied. "I'm just.. not happy."

"Why wouldn't you be happy about me and her? I thought you said you wanted to be friends?" You don't know at this point if he's teasing you or not.

"Just stop asking about that already!" You yelled, which caught him off guard.

"Am I mad? Yes, I am mad! Why do you keep pestering about it?! Can't you see if someone is getting angry? If you do, then stop meddling!"