chapter 36 || who said i'm being nice?!

You were startled to see Bakugo standing outside of the hospital.

"Were you waiting for me?" You jokingly said, as he didn't answer.

"No way," you gasped, "Are you?!"

"Just follow me," he commanded. Knowing his reaction if someone doesn't comply him, you obeyed as he walked forward towards somewhere.

"Is this how you treat someone after almost getting kidnapped?" You muttered under your breath, making sure he didn't hear you. You're not in the mood to start a fight with him.

You both arrive in the familiar scent of the cafe. The one that you always go to since it's near your dorm.

He headed in and you followed. You both ordered your drinks before sitting down on an empty table at the corner.

"You're treating me?" You smiled as you watched him struggled to agree. You chuckled, knowing he doesn't want to admit that. Being close to him made it easier for you to read him, even if he didn't admit anything.

"What's up, then?" You took a sip of your drink. He continued to look down on his cup.

"H-how-" You watched him struggling to find the words, as you looked at him in amusement.

"How are you?"

You nudged him on the arm.

"Do you need to go to a hospital?" You asked worriedly.

"What-"

"Did you get sick?-"

"No what the fu-"

"Do I need to buy you medicine or something?-"

"CAN YOU FUCKING LET ME SPEAK FOR ONCE?!"

You immediately shut up, but sighed in relief.

"Okay, nice. You're not sick after all."

He rolled his eyes.

"I'm fine." You answered his question. "Feeling better actually. You?"

"Same," he replied, then he got more quiet than usual after that.

You took another sip. This is becoming awkward already.

To be frank, you feel more at ease when he gets angry than him acting nice.

"Please, just spit it out," you pleaded. "I'm not used to you being nice at me."

"The fuck?" He said angrily. "Who said I'm being nice?"

"Yeah, just.. continue being like that," you said. "Just curse like you usually do. I don't mind, yeah."

He ran a hand on his spiky hair.

"So, what do you wanna talk about?"

"I'm dating Uraraka now."

You couldn't believe your ears.

"W-wait what?"

"Did the villains cut off your ears or something?" He asked sarcastically. "Uraraka and I are back together."

There were not actually a thing before, but you just let that slide.

"Congrats." Is all you can say to him. You tried to cover up your disappointment with a smile, knowing you grew feelings for him in this journey of having a fake relationship with him.

That wasn't part of the plan, though. So why..

Why did it have to be that man?! That hot short-tempered man?