chapter 12 || never give up

Yoo guess who's back?~~

It's been a while omg. Srry for the lack of updates huhu. I've seen ur guys' comments so I decided to write again. I feel like writing again and I'm glad that I do

Also, 2k reads and almost 100 votes?? Literally it's like yesterday was 1K. Thank u guys so much

Anyway, here's the long awaited chapter!!

——

"Now that everyone's assembled here, I can finally announce your first task of this camp."

You heard a couple yawns from your class as everyone prepared on what will happen next. After literally waking up at the early morning of 7 o'clock, you were all forced to cook breakfast to "energize yourself" as they said. Sigh, if only that exists.

You were excited yet tired. "Slap my cheeks, please. I wanna be alerted." You muttered to Jirou, who almost looks like she's gonna pass out any minute. "Do I look like a slapper to you?" She said yawning.

Barely even a second passed as you felt a sharp pain on your butt cheek. You were caught off guard as you immediately turned around, and seeing Mina smiling to herself victoriously with her eyes half opened. "You awake now?"

Did she just slap my butt? You rolled your eyes and looked front again. Damn, that hurts. But at least I'm more alert.

Aizawa coughed forcefully. "Don't slack off. Anyway, here's your first exercise of the day." He then moved aside.

You all looked to where he was facing and saw a literal forest covered in snow. You all looked at each other, puzzled.

He sighed. "You all have to run through this trail, which in the end reaches to your next destination. No quirks arent yet allowed to be used. This is to build up your stamina throughout the day and the next activities. Understood?"

You all looked at him shocked. It's literally a cramped route full of trees, bushes and snow. Just imagine the burn on your legs even after walking through here. It looks really dim so it will be really hard to get through.

"T-there?" Denki pointed to the route to where you were facing. "Duh, where else?" He replied sarcastically.

"How far does it reach?" Mina raised her hand, asking to him out loud. "I don't know, probably six to ten kilometers only." He replied.

6 to 10 kilometers only?! That's like almost an hour walk!

"If you think this is hell, then good luck with the next one." Chloro, also known as Nora Takasaki, said in such a monotonous voice. Everyone shivered.

"Let's do our best today guys!" Inzesible, aka Zeto, enthusiastically cheered us up. I appreciate your effort, but that isn't helping at all. You thought to yourself.

"Again, everyone should RUN. If not, then we'll double it even if only one person is not doing it." Aizawa reminded us again. "Now, GO!"

Everyone starts to run through the trail. There were a lot of pushing, falling down, getting bruises and wounds.

You fell down multiple times, the hard snow that goes into contact on your skin creates purple patches around your arms. You were sweating but at the same time it was cold, and it was such an uncomfortable feeling.

After what it seems like for hours, someone shouted from a distance. "C'mon, almost halfway!" Almost halfway?! I thought we're more than halfway!

You looked up and saw Aizawa and the rest of the teachers on the air with a helicopter, following us every move. Since when there was a helicopter!?

Almost everyone groaned but continued sprinting.

——

"Good job everyone! Eat and rest for a bit!" Inzesible clapped his hands after we finished our first task.

Everyone was eating their homemade lunch, not even bothering saying a word from the exhaustion. You thought it would be an hour long of run, but no. It almost reached two hours of running and torture until you all reached there, plus you even have to force yourselves to make lunch.

Everyone sulkily and slowly finished their food. You and Mina sat and the floor and leaned your backs to each other, panting in exhaustion. You all are literally in a small mountain in the middle of nowhere, except for the tables and chairs that was set up to eat our lunch, and of course some kitchen equipment. You also have to catch some animals for food since the teachers didn't even bother to prepare it.

So yeah, it was pretty fun. Let me remind you that it was still the warmup.

"Everyone, please gather here. I have an announcement to make." Chloro announced as you all obeyed to her instructions.

Everyone gathered and waited on what she was gonna say. The anticipation is killing me. Will she scold for slacking off? She's still pretty scary,

"Let me finally welcome you the three people you've been waiting for. Big Three, let's get it."

You all gasped happily as you saw the trio came out.

"How are you all?" Nejire yelled, striking a cute pose which made all of us screamed in delight.

"What a sudden change of energy.." Aizawa thought to himself.

"It's been a while, huh?" Mirio said to the crowd, "I feel old already. Aren't you too, Tamaki?"

Tamaki, being the most timid out of the three, didn't even bother to respond as he looked away. You smiled. They never changed.

"Now, now, I've heard you guys ran up all the way here? Pretty hectic, huh?" You all nodded in agreement.

He sighed. "Everything's going to be hectic, and that's the truth. But what I also know is that hard work always pays off. It will be much of a pain, but I know y'all will get through, because we did too." Mirio explained.

"That's true. Now that it's your last year, it doesn't mean it's a rest year. This year will be a much harder experience, but it's gonna be the most memorable than when you're younger, because this is the year that you'll finally see the tricks and techniques you've developed since day one." Nejire spoke up.

"Anyways, I don't wanna make this long. Let's work hard together as a class for all the obstacles that will come! Never give up!" She cheered.

"Do you wanna say something, Tamaki?" She asked him, wrapping an arm around him. "L-lets do our best..!" He raised his fist lightly and everyone clapped.

"Thank you for such an inspiring speech," Inzesible smiled at the trio. "Now that everyone's fired up, it's time for the second task!" He raised his fist in the air and everyone did the same, shouting with pure energy.

C'mon (Y/n), let's do your very best!

The butt slapped wasn't necessary but it's kinda funny lol

Going to be writing the next chapter because I didn't realize it's gonna be that long after I wrote this, so two updates in one day?? Hell yeah

Anyway, thanks so much for still reading up to this far after the very long hiatus. I wish I can write again more often, but we'll see in the future :)) (but I hope I do tho)

Stay tuned for the next chapter! Hope you enjoyed!