chapter 29 || cotton candy

You groaned as you sat down on the hard bed, hands going through your hair in frustration.

I need to think! How can I escape here?

You looked around the room. A bed. A single chair on the corner.

You looked up to a cement ceiling. You grabbed the chair and stood from it and punched the ceiling.

Sadly, nothing's happening.

"Fuck.." you got off the chair and kicked it angrily. Your knuckles were bleeding even more.

"(Y/n).." You totally forgot that your father's in the cell beside you as sat down near the wall to hear him clearly.

"Don't damage your hands more.. It was already red a while ago," you were flustered that he noticed your hand as you unconsciously covered it.

"But dad, we need to escape soon. We'll never know what they'll do to us." You stated on the other side of the wall.

"Honey, please.." He tried to calm you down. "It's a miracle we're not dead yet. We don't know what they're planning, but I think the best way is to just wait for the pro heroes to get us. Worrying won't make the situation better."

"How are you so sure..?" You started to doubt yourself. What if no one is coming to save? Will we both die here? Will Bakugo still be with Uraraka? Will Todoroki..

"If you think about it, they're probably going to be starting to search you around after you're gone for a few days. Before you know it, we're saved." He said with a calming voice.

You were surprised on how calm he is despite the situation. As you realized it's just the both of you are alone here in this room, maybe it's the best time to repair the broken relationship you have with your father.

"How long were you here?" You asked curiously. "Aren't you scared?"

"I've been here for more than a week, I think," he answered your question. "And I guess with my time alone here, I get to think about the situation right now, without the large amount of work."

"You still overwork yourself..?" You were surprised that you questioned him, since you were never worried about on how he's a workaholic until now.

"Yeah, I guess.." he sounded guilty. "But you don't have to worry about me. Worry about your school and hero work more, alright?"

You felt your heart ache after he said those words. You can't believe on how you were so ignorant towards your father.

"I also want to ask you something," you prepared yourself on what he's about to say.

"On the phone.. did you really mean that? That you're going to change..?"

You nodded, but then realized he can't see you.

"Yes," I said out loud.

"A few days ago, my friend and I got into an argument about you, actually. He told me to forgive you, but I was too stubborn to accept that. I knew he was right, we were both related after all no matter how I don't want to admit it."

You sighed. "Another friend of mine somehow knew about my fight with him and talked to me about it. His words.. really comforted me. I'm so glad he reached out to me.."

"I'm thankful for both of them.. so much. One for realizing my mistakes, and one for learning to accept those."

It went silent for a few moments. Good thing it wasn't that awkward.

"I'm sorry too, from the bottom of my heart," he said after a few minutes of silence.

"I'm sorry I wasn't the best father when you needed me the most. I'm so sorry for hurting you.. I really am," he apologized repeatedly.