chapter 22 || let's party

"But before we get this party getting fired up, we've prepared a buffet at the back. Please eat your dinner as we dance the night away later!"

Everyone cheered again, but on the thought of food. They hurriedly went to the buffet to eat.

Although you've already have your dinner prepared so you don't have to go through the hassle. Perks of being the birthday celebrant.

You are you dinner and had a good time chatting with the MC while everyone's getting food. After you're done eating, it was the perfect timing for you to roam around and talk to the guests while they start to eat their food.

You've stumbled first to a table of old friends and classmates. You had a lively chat before jumping to another table.

"It's been a while, (Y/n)." An aunt greeted you as you bowed  respectfully. You gave a small wave to your baby cousin that was a few seats away from you.

She then looked around the place. "Wow, I'm impressed by your dad. Didn't he prepare all of this?"

I nodded. "He did."

She awed. "He did a really good job, didn't he?"

Your uncle beside you aunt spoke up. "Speaking of your Dad, where is he?"

After mentioning that, you've realized that you didn't see him at all today. You looked around, but saw no sight of him.

"I don't know too," You admitted. "I'll ask the party coordinator."

You excused yourself before finding the party coordinator.

For some reason, you felt kind of sad. Even if you hate his guts to death, it will be pretty sad for the daughter to know that her own father, her only blood-related family member, is not attending her 18th birthday celebration.

"Oh honey.." the party coordinator sighed after you asked about the whereabouts of your dad. "I'm sorry. He said he's going to be really busy tonight."

Anger boiled in your veins but you controlled it as you took one deep breath.

"B-but it's okay!" She exclaimed, waving her hands as she noticed your hidden anger. "He mentioned that after the party is over, you both are going to a trip together or something.."

You locked eyes. "Trip?"

"I don't really know much details," she scratched her haid. "His assistant did mentioned something related to that. You can talk to your dad about it. He was going to surprise you, I'm guessing."

You nodded. "Okay then. Thanks for the info."

You walked away as you gathered your thoughts.

He was busy.. what did I even expect. He was busy, all the time.

You felt tears again threatening to escape but you suppressed it. I'm not going to cry. I'm done with this shit multiple times already.

You walked into the venue and tried your best to avoid everyone who tries to approach you. You wanted to be alone at the moment.

Luckily, there's a hidden door to the on the corner of the room that lead to a balcony. You opened it and was greeted with a gentle breeze.

It was kind of chilly but you didn't mind. You looked up and it was dark, but the stars were shining brightly.

It made you feel more at ease but things still upset you.

"When will I ever forgive you, old man.." you questioned youself quietly.