Chapter 1

5 am rolled around pretty quickly each morning and Leigha loved this time of day. Mornings were her favorite. She tied her hair up in a bun, put on her shorts and sports top, grabbed her phone and put her headphones in. Morning stretches on the driveway then off on a 5 mile run, she loved running this early in California to beat the heat.

~~~~~~~~~

He had moved into the rental house yesterday and seen no movement in the house next door. He had unpacking to do and was up early drinking his coffee and looking out front when he seen her stretching in the driveway. 'Now that's a sight to see first thing in the morning'. And he continued to watch as she jogged away, He then took a fresh cup of coffee out to his screened in front porch to watch for her return, he wanted to see if he had seen right, that she was that beautiful and fit. Just over an hour had passed as she had returned. How far did she run, that was a pretty good time frame but by the look of her body she was fit and in shape, her long brown hair, down to her waist, olive complexion, small woman, he guessed 5' at best and a wee bit of 100 lbs or so if that, he watched as she took more stretches then went into the house.

~~~~~~~~~

Leigha took herself to the frig, took out her water pitcher and a glass and drank darn near the whole half gallon. Then off to the shower. She was then dressed into a pair of daisy dukes and top, grabbed her fruit and a muffin and down to her the lower level of her split level home and into her office so her morning work had began.

By afternoon, she was stumped on what she was working on and needed to get out of the room and think. She paced around the house some and then decided her grass needs mowed. This would give her the time she needed to get her thoughts together and think. Out to the garage and filled her mower, out she went to the backyard and began mowing, and thinking on how she was to proceed with her case.

~~~~~~~~~

He heard the mower running and went out to his back deck and his prayers were answered, yes, it was her, and in a pair of shorts with her hair tied back and a ball hat on. He stood watching her and deciding this was the perfect view, he had never dreamed of having this view in a rental house for however long he was needed here, he knew a year, but how much longer than that, he didn't know. 

 He sat back on the deck chair and watched her mow, he was pretty sure she couldn't see him. He then seen her get off the mower halfway done and in the middle of the yard. She walked to the back of the rider, kicked a tire and then, "You've got to be kidding me, not again, you piece of shit, well fuck this, now you're getting a new one, I'm tired of this shit"! And she stormed into the house. 

 He was about to go out to offer to help her but she stormed into the house too quickly, he did laugh, interesting language for a lass as she appeared to be. He was about to get to his front door to go over and apologize for watching her and offer to help her when he seen she had pulled out of the driveway in her jeep.

~~~~~~~~~

Leigha had returned from the store with her new tires for her mower, went into the garage for the jack and tools, then back out to the yard and was in the process of changing both her back tires when the man who had been watching her mow earlier finally come over.

She knew he had been watching her, part of who she was always knew her surroundings, she didn't look up when he walked up, but kept on working on her tires.

"Aye, my lass, I apologize, as your new neighbor, seen you had a flat tire, can I help you get those on and running again"

"Naw, I got it, but thank you for the offer and welcome to the neighborhood". "From Scotland I'm guessing"? And she looked up at him. Noticing the scars on his face. But saying nothing.

"Most guess Ireland, you however are correct" "Are you sure I can't help"

"How long you been in America"?

"Quite some time now" and he squatted down and began handing her the bolts and tools she needed as she was finishing up.

"What brings you to our neighborhood"? As she looked up at him again.

"You don't know by looking at me who I am" He seemed a little confused, he normally didn't go anywhere that people didn't know him.

"Nope, should I"? As she looked up at him again and continued to look at him waiting his answer.

"Do you watch TV"?

"Nope"

"You really don't watch TV"?

"Nope, maybe the weather channel once in a while, TV takes time, I've got better things to do than waist time"

"What do you do"

"Work, and don't change the subject, I was asking who you were"

"Tommy Flanagan, does that help you to know who I am"?

"Nope, but welcome Tommy to our quaint little town. I think I'm finished here changing these, time to finish this yard and get back to work, if you'd like I usually sit out back most evenings and chill, you're welcome to visit if you see me out here this evening, not rushing you off, but these tires put me a little behind and I'm sure you have unpacking to do."

"Aye, my lass, that I do, and I will be back to visit, it was good meeting you".

They smiled at each other and she got on the mower and he walked back home. She had found him very interesting, she'd like to know more about her new neighbor and this boggled her brain as she finished her yard.