Chapter 22

Leigha had woken up the next morning, it was 4 am, she looked over at the clock, 'For the love of Christ, she had slept all afternoon yesterday and all night, how does that happen'? She rolled out of Tommy's arms, stretched, hit him in the head by accident with her cast she had forgotten she had and groaned of the pain in her shoulder and head.

He groaned and grabbed his head "Damn woman, not how I prefer to be awaken"

"Sorry, forgot I had it on"

"How do you feel"

"Like I have been in a wreck" and turned her face over to kiss him. "How do I look"?

"Like you have been in a wreck" and kissed her back, "And before you look in the mirror, it looks like you lost a good bar fight, you've got a good shiner"

"Oh God" she groaned. "Jason's fault" "I'm still putting this on him"

"Can if you want, but you went on the ride"

"Take a picture of my black eye, send it to him and tell him this is what you have to look at now"

He grabbed her phone he had on the his bedside table, took a pic and gave her the phone, "You tell him, it's your argument with your own brother" and smiled down at her.

She just looked at him, "Wow, that was a reality statement" and smiled back. "Do you think it's true"?

"From the papers he has, yeah, it does my love" "How do you feel about that"

"I think it feels good, it makes sense how we are with each other" "I just don't understand why my parents never told me I was adopted, I'd not have loved them less"

"According to the paperwork you were both adopted straight from the hospital so your mom got a wee newborn, she, I'm sure felt like you were hers from getting you at 3 days old"

"And she was single"

"And had money my love, money can move things in different ways, and in her way, a good way"

"I gotta pee, are you fixing breakfast"?

"Yes, I'm first, then I'll help you up and in there, just in case your dizzy, I put a lot of meds in you yesterday and you missed a lot of meal time too, wait for me."

"Pee fast then, I missed a lot of pee time too" laughing at him as he was headed in there

Later that morning her and Tommy were sitting on the sofa watching the news feed, he had replied to a few calls and had her phone when it rang, he looked at it, handed it to her, "FBI Lab"

She looked at him "Truth be known now" and took the phone with one hand and his hand in her other. She wasn't sure how she'd take this in all reality

"Yes. ok. yeah I'm ready. Ok. Thanks a bunch for the rush." And hung up. Tears rolled down her face as she turned to look at Tommy and he took her in his arms again.

"Well my love"?

"He's my brother" and cried more, more happy tears really, reality tears, confused tears, all rolled into a good cry as Tommy held her tight and her head buried in his chest.

She finally leaned up, "damn, I keep soaking your shirts" patting his chest

"You deserve a good cry, you are one strong woman, mind and body, nothing wrong with a good cry once in a while" "I had one last night after all was said and done and laid in bed with you"

"You did"?

"Men cry too, it was just knowing how much I love you and that you were safe in my arms once again" "Jason said after your surgery and my worrying then, that it's wouldn't be the last, he was right"

She held him. "I could never have found a better man than you my Scot, I love you"

She got up later to go pee again and while she was gone, Jason called. Tommy answered. "How is she doing with the news"?

"She cried, but she is ok and loves you and is happy it came out that way"

"Yeah, I cried too, same reason"

"Looks like a lot of tears are flowing right now" "How are you feeling"

Jason laughed, "Pain meds, don't feel a thing, thank the Gods for that cause I look like shit"

"She send you her pic"?

"Yeah and she was her usual nasty self about it too, I laughed at it"

"She's back in here, I'll give you to her" handing her the phone, "It's Jason"

"Ah, my big brother, how are you" laughing

Tommy left the room and let them talk and went in to fix sandwiches for lunch, she was to give her police report at 1:00 today, Officer David had set that time up for her giving Tommy time to get her settled for the day.