Chapter 3

4 AM wake up, wow, this is too early but what the hell, Leigha texted Jason, her partner in crime, he was like a brother to her, knowing him since their first day of college and being room mates, he had beautiful long dark hair, built like a brick shit house and worked out with her often as well as her part time partner with the FBI as they both chose the same type of careers, they were best friends:  Jase, 5 AM run, be here, 10 miles today.

Leigha got a piece of toast and banana with a glass of water, dressed in her running gear and out to the front porch to wait on Jason. He didn't text her back but she knew he seen it and would be there, if he couldn't he would have texted her a no. So she waited and at 4:55 he pulled up ready to run. He brought Sophie with him, a German shepherd he babysits for once in a while, a beautifully trained police dog.

"About damn time you showed up. Hello my precious Sophie, you in for some exercise today my little sweetheart" petting her as she laid in front of her and belly up for some love.

"I'm on time, stretch it out my evil witch, and why 10 miles"?

"Marathons are coming up and I have some thoughts to toss at you, 2 heads today".

"Fine let's go" and off they go. They were a block down, "Did you notice that guy in the rental house watching us"

"I did, Tommy, actor, met him, nice guy"

"And"

"And nothing". "Now here is what I want to talk to you about" And she went on with her thoughts on the case and got his perspective on it. She didn't get answers, she knew she wouldn't but he gave her a new thought process and theory to think about and that's what she needed.

They arrived back at 6:30 and were winded today, she dropped to the ground and laid there, Jason took a few unwinding stretches then went into his bag he brought and grabbed 3 bottles of water, he gave one to Leigha and drank one, when he finished he opened the third bottle and poured it over her face as she laid on the ground.

"Jason, one day I will hurt you and hurt you bad"

Laughing, he picked up her feet, put them against his chest and leaned into them as she pushed against him, working out her final stretches. They both looked up when they seen Tommy pull his bike out of his garage.

Leigha shouted to him, "Tommy, come meet Jason"!

Tommy came walking over, he was curious about the man she ran with, he hoped it was her brother or something as simple as that, he had thoughts on this woman and didn't want it to be her boyfriend, introductions were done.

Tommy now more curious about who this man was in her life that she seemed very comfortable with, "You two dating, yes"?

Jason laughed out loud, "Hell no, don't let this pretty little brain tease you, she is an evil wicked witch, trust me on that one". "She scares the hell out of me". "Besides, I have a wife and one is enough"! "Little witch is just my best friend" "I'm going in to shower and get coffee, up or down shower"?

"Up, don't mess up my down shower"

"Fine" and Jason took his bag and went in leaving Tommy and Leigha out front.  He is thinking to himself, there is something about her and her neighbor, she will tell him soon enough, he knew her well.

"Coffee Tommy or are you in a rush"?

"I can do a cup before I head out" He loved being around her and talking to her.

They went in and she took him straight down stairs to her little kitchenette there, coffee was made, she poured him a cup and offered him the sugar and creamer to make it to his taste, she noticed he drank it black as she took a large bowl and filled it with water and put it on the floor for Sophie, who lapped it up happily.

"And are you working all day today" Tommy asked her.

"I think so" and she noticed a large manilla envelope on the counter, Jason put it there, she knew this. "Let me take this into the office, come along then we can unwind on the patio until Jason comes back out, he's takes more time than a woman getting a shower, no hot water for a while when he's done" laughing.

They went into her office for her to put the envelope on the desk.

Tommy looking around, "Wow, you've got an interesting office"

"Yeah, all those boxes on that wall, that's what I haven't done yet." looking over, there were more than 50 white banker boxes stacked up of cases she hasn't even started yet.

"I can see why you work long hours now"

"Yeah, work is never done, ever" "Let's go sit" and they walked back out to the porch.

Leigha, "So your heading in for your script now"

"Yeah, need to get to reading it, see what mess I make this season" laughing

"And what is it you have planned for our dinner tonight" taking a sip of her fresh glass of water.

"Aye, you shall see, I can cook my lass, you shall see" "I'm guessing a 7pm dinner, my place of course"

"I'll be there"

Jason, now joining them with his fresh cup of coffee takes a seat. "So Tommy, Season 2, any spoilers for me"?

Leigha looking over at Jason, "You watch that show"?

"Yeah, bulletin is out, no crimes to investigate on SOA nights, I'm off duty, Julie is hooked on it too!"

"Lord" laughing at them.

Jason stood up. "Now off to do something productive and I left you an envelope, and don't call me if you don't like it, I don't wanna hear it witchy woman"

Jason walked over to Tommy, shook hands, then to Leigha, gave her a kiss on the cheek and left. Leigha didn't say a word but pondered the envelope.

"He bring you bad news on your case" Tommy wondered out loud.

"I don't know, but I can assure you, he is on speed dial and he will be the first I call if it pisses me off"

"So you two are partners but he is out there and you are in here" "Am I getting this right"?

"Sort of, he does his own thing usually investigating different things, the FBI just gave him to me to use as I need when I need a partner or someone to go with me if need be or to toss ideas at" "I've known Jason since college, he went from college to the field, I detoured". "In college we were roommates"

"Long history then"

"Interesting history"

"My lass, you can fill me in over dinner, I need to head out, thank you for the coffee"

They both got up, and he walked over to her, put one hand on her shoulder and kissed her cheek. She stood a little frozen, his gentle touch, sent a small quiver to her gut. He turned and walked away. "You're welcome" she whispered.

And he loved her scent, something to think about on his ride into work.