Chapter 4

Tommy had gotten home from work after picking up his script to read, and put that on the back burner for tomorrow and was putting the groceries away and getting things ready for the dinner he was fixing this evening and planning in his head his time table. His mind was completely on Leigha and pleasing her this evening with his abilities of hosting a nice lovely evening. He had even purchased a tablecloth and candles for the evening. He had to make this right.

~~~~~~~~~

Leigha was worried when she started working today that she'd lose track of time so she set her alarm on her phone to 5:00 pm to give her time to get ready for her dinner next door. And the alarm went off. Now to refocus on something different. What the fuck to wear? Something sexy? Nope, not sure I want to go there yet. A dress? Stupid idea, that's sexy. Jeans? To plain. Shorts? Too simple. What the hell? That's what women have! She looked out the window after her shower and seen him setting the table on his deck. And then she thinks, ok buddy, let's see how this goes? Eating outside. I'll wear my grey tank mini dress with my boho wrap since we will be out on the deck so I won't get chilly. Sexy? Yes! Let's have some fun, sorta fun anyway. After getting dressed she tossed together a few essence oils, patchouli, frankincense and woodsy scents, dabbed it on a few noticeable pressure points, tossed her hair and was ready to go and then noticed she was hungry, he better be a good cook. Burgers and fries were not her thing tonight.

At 10 till 7 she mosied out of the house and took the walk across the yard and up his back deck steps, he was inside, hadn't noticed she was there yet, she noticed the grill heating up, wine in a ice tub, table set perfectly. She took a glass and poured herself a glass of the wine, making herself at home, he even had a little cheese, tray there, she took one, noting he was doing good thus far.

He comes out to the deck with a tray of 2 seasoned steaks and stopped dead in his tracks, just staring at her. She turned and smiled at him. "Steaks tonight, a rare occasion for me, medium rare please".

"Ah, love a woman who knows how to eat a steak, and you look enchanting tonight" As he reached for his cigarettes and lit one.

"Ah, love a man who knows what words to use with a lady" and gave a small laugh. "You may be a good neighbor to have and might get me over more often if those steaks come out perfectly" Laughing more.

"My mission for tonight's meal will be perfect, I can assure you, I can cook, I like to eat so I learned how to enjoy it."

Leigha sat at the table and decided to play a little, she swung her legs to where he was the closest to them, crossed them and made sure her wrap fell to both sides to show off her long sexy legs and noticed his eyes went straight there, she then let her wrap fall off one of her shoulders, and he about lost his breath when he turned. Then thought to herself, 'Oh how fun' laughing inside.

He prepared the steaks, a little unsettled as he kept glancing down at her legs, finished up inside and served the meal. It was delicious she admitted and enjoyed every bit of it. "You are a fabulous cook I must admit"!

"Thank you my lass, glad you enjoyed it"

They small talked the evening away. She felt very comfortable with him and he with her. He told her some of the pranks they pulled on each other at work and some of his scenes from different shows he's been in.

She told him of some of the pranks and crap her and Jason have had in college and talked about Jason's wife Julie whom she had set up on a blind date. And some trips she had taken in life.

It was a beautiful evening, one she enjoyed and hoped to have more of, she was really enjoying this new neighbor.

Leigha looked at her watch, "Tommy, do you have any idea what time it is"?

Tommy looking at his, "Yes it's two bottles of wine after the time you arrived and a few fun hours of talking with you"

"And with that said, means it's time I need to head home, we both have long days tomorrow and you have a script to read." "I thank you so much for the wonderful meal and the great conversation" "It was my pleasure being here tonight" and she stood as he did.

"It was more mine having you over, I'll take you out to dinner real soon, and that's a promise".

"I'll hold you to it". She then noticed he had gently touched her arm and she then turned to him and looked up at him. His other hand came up to her cheek, she about lost her breath as his thumb glided down her inner cheek, then his lips came to hers so gently, so soft, she then lost her breath taking in the gentleness of him. He pulled back, "I'll watch as you walk home, lock your doors, see you soon"

She whispered, "You'll not walk me home"?

"You don't want me to do that, not yet my lass" and he released her hand.

She smiled slowly, then took her thumb to his bottom lip, stroked it gently once, turned and walked home. She actually thinks she might have floated on a cloud getting home.  She locked the door, walked straight to her room and fell on the bed. 'Good God, what just happened'? She had not been in a relationship for years, and several years since she's had sex and she wanted this man more that not, and he said no. What the hell? Well, he said, not yet. What the hell? 

 And she turned him on, she could see that by his face and his reactions, and he had her turned on. Good Lord! But we are not in college anymore, no one nighters with someone you just met, and she didn't want that with him. But what did she want? These are thoughts she's never had before, before it was date, sex and no more dates, she had never had these feelings before. His chocolate brown eyes, the softness of his beard as it just touched her when he kissed her, his lips, Good God!  She finally fell asleep, laying right there as she had fallen when she got home.