Chapter 20

Jason picked up Leigha to head to the FBI lab to get their DNA testing done. They went straight to one of the CSI investigators they personally knew, told her the story and were swabbed, she promised them she'd get started and as a favor would have the results within 24 hours. They both knew that would be the longest 24 hours they'd have to spend. They both rested assured they'd know more then, even though they were pretty sure now, but the real test and the real answer awaited them. Then they'd move forward, either way.

On the way home Jason heard a radio call from his jeep, a high speed chase was happening a few blocks from them. Leigha heard the call too sitting next to him. He looked over at her, she at him, she nodded and tightened up her seat belt and grabbed the bar above the window with one hand and opened the glove box with the other, knowing he had a spare gun in there.

His lights went on as did his siren and his foot hit the gas pedal as he sat straight up. She turned up the radio and off they went.

They caught up pretty quickly and were 3 cars behind them and 2 before them, following the idiot who had the lead, the perp if you wanna call him that, Jason had his radio on bluetooth so they could listen and talk easily. It was announced that there was a woman and child in the car and the dude had a gun. "Holy crap" Leigh said softly to Jason. She noticed Jason hit speeds of over 100 mph and were heading to a country road. She thought, at least they were off a busy highway away from the innocents.

Jason was talking with 2 other officers that they could pass him soon, all 3 get in front to slow him down and a good line of trees were on both sides of the road and they could get him a lot slower and possibly stop him, time was a huge element and Leigha knew he'd speed up fast and possibly go off road for this one.

And it happened, off road, swerving, very high speeds, she was tossed around but hung on tight, they were about to pass him when the jerk blew a tire and swerved and hit the side of Jason's jeep, they about lost it but Jason held control. The second time he hit Jason's jeep, not so lucky, the jerks car went off to the left and rolled, Jason and Leigha went off to the right and rolled, stopped on it's top.

The other officers stopped, guns were out and then she seen the jerk runoff and cops chasing him. She and Jason unbuckled their seat belts and tumbled down, her head landed on his chest and he wrenched, pain. He look over at her, "Good God woman you got a hard head" "You ok'?

"Nope"

"You sound ok, what's wrong"?

"Broken arm, blood coming from somewhere, not sure where cause it kinda hurts like a mother fucker everywhere"

"How much blood"?

"Fuck I don't know, you got a measuring cup in here"?

"Yeah, well that tells me you'll be ok"

"What do you have"?

"Pain, lots of it"

"No shit Sherlock"

The police got there to them, knocked out a window and drug them both out, EMT's arrived pretty quickly.

The jerk was caught, the baby in the back of his car was unharmed due to being in a car seat and the babies mom had injuries but would be ok. Jason had a broken leg, cuts that needed stitched and a lot of scrapes. Leigha had a broken arm and stitches needed with a few scrapes too.

They arrived at the hospital, were examined, x-rayed, IV'd with pain meds going in strong, and the stitching bgan and the the cast were being put on. Officers were arriving and into the room came Officer David, he had found both of their cell phones in the jeep and gave them to them as he was checking on them. "Want me to call your wife Jason and your man Leigha"?

"No, let us, were ok" Jason responded. "You first little witch, I gotta hear this, put him on speaker phone" and laughed.

"Ok" and she did. Tommy answered.

"Ah my Scotty, how are you"?

"Good, how's your day going"?

"Oh so glad you asked, can you get off early today"?

"Maybe, why"?

"I think I need you to pick me up at the hospital" "I got a boo boo today"?

"Explain" half afraid of what her explanation would be

"Well, it's kinda simple really, Jason was driving on a country road over 100 mph, he side swiped another car, he rolled the jeep, and I got this little broken arm and a few stitches, well like over 30 in my head and shoulder, he's kinda got a broken leg and a whole lot more stitches than me, and with the pain meds they won't let us drive and his jeep, well it's kinda broken too, a cast won't help it." "That's all"

"Holy Mother of Christ Leigha, are you shitting me"!? He shouted in more worry than pissed.

"Nope, we went on a high speed chase today, it's on the news" "But don't look at it on TV, the jeep kinda looks like we should be dead, but were not" "Can you come get us"?

"Christ woman, I'm on my way now"

"Don't panic and don't speed, Jason will tell you how that'll turn out" "We are ok love"

"I'm on my way" and she hung up.

Jason started laughing and the nurse and Doctor putting on their casts were too, Jason said to her, "You witch, how fun was that, you know you're gonna kill that man with worry one day, Here take my phone and call Julie, I can't pull off that kinda humorous shit you do"

"Hey, I got mine done, do your own"

"Yeah, I noticed to how you blamed me for this too"

"You were driving, I ain't taking your fall" laughing with him. The Doctor and nurse shook their heads, these two were different the Doctor thought.

They were both put in a room together until their loved ones arrived, room had a TV so they were watching the replays, whole chase lasted an hour and 10 minutes, didn't feel like that long as they were doing it she said. They should have died by the looks of it on TV and by the look of the jeep rolling and being destroyed. "Yeah, were both gonna get our asses kicked when Julie and Tommy see this on TV later" Jason said.

"I'll give him a blow job as he's watching it, that'll keep him calm to some degree"

"You horney bitch, that poor man"

"What"? "Sucks that won't work for you" Laughing at him.

"We're still gonna get our asses kicked"

"Yeah, true" "It's our life though" "They both knew that going in"

"True"