Chapter 8

Saturday morning, off to the spa, an hour and a half massage, then waxing, sauna, facial, shower, pedicure, manicure, and her hair done. She loved her spa days, she loved her full body massage, and all she could think about then was Tommy one day very soon exploring her body, it about drove her insane him holding off, what was he looking for, waiting for, needing to know or prove, damn men. Her desires for him had kicked in and she was wanting him very badly.

Sunday morning arrived, a day she desired. He said casual and on the bike. She put her hair up, jeans, t-shirt and boots today. As soon as she was ready she went over to his place, she knew he'd have the back door opened for her, and by golly he did. She went in without knocking, but shouted out his name, she noticed he had drank half a pot of coffee and was in the bedroom getting ready as he shouted back out a 'be a minute'. She grabbed a bottle of water from the frig and a few grapes from the bowl, she noticed he always kept her favorite snacks out for her. She went over and sat in his recliner and noticed he had the papers filled out of tracking his headaches laying there and she picked them up and was reading them as he walked in. "That chair swallows you whole" she looked up at him and busted out laughing. "What is so funny, I'm dressed normally" and he reached down to check his zipper confused at what she was laughing so hard at.

"Oh love, it's not you, it's what you said, my mind sometimes goes to strange and fun places, you don't want to know, trust me" And she is thinking about swallowing him whole.

After calming down she raised up the papers, "I see a pattern"

"You do"?

"I do, I'll go over it with you later, are you ready"?

"I am, come along my little pretty lass, a fun day awaits us"

And out to the bike, helmets on and off they went. Her arms wrapped around his waist, he knew that would drive him close to insanity and as she held on he thought he just might find his insane level today, but he had to hold her off just a bit longer, today wasn't the day to fulfill that dream but if his plan worked he would fulfill her dream and his one day real soon.

He took a road that viewed the ocean up to the mountains to a sunny grassy area that overlooked the city below, a view he hoped she'd love. After 2 hours on the bike and arriving to the area he pulled off, she got off, took off her helmet and walked over to see the view, he grabbed a blanket out of his saddle bag and met her over there. He spread out the blanket and they both sat.

"It's beautiful here" she said smiling, "quiet and calming"

"I hoped you'd like it" "Seeing the city from here"

"I do"

He laid back on the blanket and she sat up with her back leaning against his waist still sitting watching the city below. She then spoke softly, "And while we sit here and relax looking on, there is a mom playing with her child in the park enjoying the precious moments. An old man sitting on his porch smoking a cigar, reading the paper, listening to the children next door, wishing for his youth back, but it never coming. A grandma baking cookies with her granddaughter as her mom is at home crying over a broken marriage. A dad going to visit his child at school to surprise him and have lunch with him. A bully picking on an innocent smaller child. A wee child who has had enough teasing of a bully and blocks his blow and beats up the bully sending the bully home crying. A woman meeting a man in a restaurant with whom she is about to have an affair with. A man who just received word his beloved wife just died in a car accident. A man and woman who just gave birth to their first child and are crying in joy."

"And all I ever saw up here were the buildings below on the horizon, you see so much more, where does that come from"?

"I don't know, I've always seen things differently and have always seen into them, guess it's why I'm good at my job." "I've not liked people much in the past, your an exception, but for the most part, I avoid them"

"Why"

"My parents died when I was in college, well my mom and step-dad, I never knew who my real dad was and never tried to figure it out, he bailed on my mom after I was born, so he doesn't deserve to know me. And after my mom and who I call my dad died people always tried to tell me what to do. Don't join the navy, don't travel like that, there are a thousand hot body men on the ship, I shouldn't be there, don't work for the FBI, why do I avoid people, on and on. I was never encouraged to follow my dreams after my parents died. They, my parents always insisted that I did, my step dad always told me one day it will happen but only if I be me and do what I feel I need to do and my mom agreed with him. Jason did too, he has never judged me and always told me to go and do it if it felt right, if I failed he would be there, if I succeeded, he would be there. I joined the navy to find a strength that I needed to find, a physical and mental strength too, the men on the ship were just people, it wasn't to get laid, they only knew what I told them and that was very little as I avoided them mostly. Joining the FBI allowed me to find a place I needed to be that interested me. And again, Jason was there with me when I found out my parents were killed by a drunk driver, he only held me, let me cry and let me mourn my own way, he allowed me to be me, he is my brother from another mother one would say. I hold so much love for him. We would kill for each other or die saving the other. I'll never let his friendship go away."

Tommy listened to her pour more of herself into him, and he only listened, he understood her more and more as she felt the comfort to talk to him. He felt himself able to talk to her about more personal things as well, he had never felt this way, this comfort in talking so deeply to a woman before. It was so much more than having hot sex with a hot woman, it was having touched each others souls and hearts. He loved her, this he admitted to himself already and to her one day soon.

"Most don't have those kinds of friendships, hold it tight my lass, they are important for you to have"

"And most don't understand that a man and woman can be friends with a deep friendship and not be judgemental about them sleeping together, many think he and I have" "But I don't care what people think, I know, he knows, and Julie knows and I pray you know and who cares how others feel"

"I know and I agree with you, the love of a friend is good, keep it" "I love you for your honesty and your passion for who you love"

She curled up around him, her back to him so they could both watch the city below, his arms wrapped around her and her holding his arms into her chest. He told her of what it was like being the middle child of 5, his parents, his career move after his knife fight leaving him his scars and what being an actor meant for himself.

It was getting later in the day, he had one other place he wanted to take her then a hole in the wall restaurant for lunch he wanted to go to.

"My lass, how about we ride more, I want to show you something"

"I was about to mention a nap, but up we go" smiling at him as she stood up.

He stood, bent in for a kiss then grabbed the blanket, folded it and put it in the saddle bag. On the bikes and up the mountain they went as she savored the taste of his lips on hers. He took a side road, dirt road and drove for a while, she was curious.