Chapter 2

Leigha went in after putting up her mower, pleased that her yard looked halfway decent again. She went in and took her second shower of the day then back down to her office. The first thing she was going to do was check out this new neighbor. And that didn't take too long, googled his name and wow, there he was. He was filming the second season of Sons of Anarchy right now in the next town over. Interesting. She pulled up the first episode of season 1 and began watching it, motorcycle gang, plus side, he had a bike, she loved riding them. And according to the gossip on google he seemed to be of the straight and narrow, but then again, he was an actor, and she knew of the actor gossip, she'd have to see about him, keep him at some distance but yet, he could be an interesting neighbor.

Then it was back to work for her. She wasn't working on a cold case this time but a case where a possible innocent man was in prison. She had some work to do on this one.

She had worked hard all day on this case, made several phone calls, some she had left voice mail to and would wait on their call back. She had read several files over and over, looking for that missing piece, she stared at her wall of information for a few hours. She'd find that missing piece somewhere, it was there, but just where there was it, and what was it. Something told her that this man was innocent and she had to turn over every crossed T and I that was dotted to find it.

She looked over at the clock and realized it was 8 PM. Damn, now she knew why she was hungry. She went into her little kitchen on her lower level, she had grapes, crackers and cheese there and grabbed a bottle of wine. She would not fall asleep in her office tonight, she went out to the lower screened in patio, lit a candle and poured herself a glass of wine and began munching away enjoying the cool evening breeze and fresh air. She loved the smell of fresh cut grass. She was relaxing.

She looked up and standing at her screen door was Tommy. "Well, come in kind sir, the invitation still stands".

"Aye my lass, hoped it would" he said smiling at her coming in the door.

Smiling back at him, "You bring wine as a wonderful gesture of a good neighbor, but note, I'm a cheap drunk and one bottle tonight is open, we will save yours for a future evening" laughing a little, waving her hand for him to have a seat, as she poured him a glass of wine.

"A future invite, I'm pleased already" so wanting to get to know her.

"Munchies here too, help yourself, this is my recipe for a dinner tonight as I worked later that I had hoped I would have tonight."

"You enjoy them my lass, I had a sandwich a while ago, I sure hate unpacking so I took a break and had a beer and sandwich" "Tell me, what work do you do at home, as you now know mine I'm sure"

"Ah yes, I did google you, piece of cake, lets see, actor, several movies, Braveheart, big one there! Now Sons of Anarchy, bad ass biker in a very rough club, season 2. I watched the pilot episode, and your not a bad actor I'd have to say" smiling at him.

"My thanks to you, now you"?

Laughing, she knew that question was coming, "FBI, I solve, or try to solve cold cases but right now I am looking at case where many think an innocent man is in prison for killing his family."

"And you do this in your basement" raising an eyebrow to her.

Again, she laughs a little bit harder, "I don't play well with others, it's safer for them to lock me in a basement alone, trust me" again continuing to laugh.

And at this time, her phone rang, she hit speaker on it after seeing it was one of her FBI contacts. "Sorry I need to take this" "Yes, Mike I'm here"

"Ahh, my dearest crime fighter, what do you have"

"Mike, I got a question for you, how does a porn star or prostitute come up with their name"?

"Leigha, do we not pay you enough" Mike replied. Tommy looking directly at her chuckled and raised his eyebrows.

"Mike, it's the case I'm working on, I'm looking into something, I am however due for a raise, so now, how do they do that"?

"Most will use a pets name, their street name or something that is close to them" "Why, what do you have"?

"I'm not sure, but I'll get back to you later, thanks, that's at least a start, love ya"

"Love back, later" and they hung up.

Tommy refilled their glasses of wine, "It must be an interesting case"

"They tie you up in knots trying to find the missing puzzle piece, and I know it's out there, I'm close, I know I am" taking a long drink of the fine wine.

"I'm sure you will find it, how long have you been doing this"?

"A few years, took me a while to figure out it's what I wanted to do"

"Tell me" smiling at her as she leaned back in her chair to get more comfortable.

"Oh, it's really boring"

"I'll be the judge, go ahead"

"You asked, I finished high school at age 16, started college and finished at age 19, joined the Navy to travel, dumb idea, worked in the Navy for JAG since my college was mostly in Criminals and the Justice System. FBI took me out of the Navy at age 24, put me through their basics and here I am today"

Tommy was impressed, beauty and brains, "High School 16, College 19, Genius?"

Leigha laughed, "No, gifted they say but not Genius, that was Mike, he's a genius"! "And since my heads in books and my body runs marathons, is kind of why I don't play nice with others, I focus and when others don't, it kind of pisses me off, I like to play but work is work"

"When do you play" damn he was intrigued by her more and more.

"When I want to, if I'm not working"

"Well my lass, it is getting late, as much as I'd love to stay out here and learn more about you, I can't overstay my welcome, I've got to go into town tomorrow and pick up my script and start reading it, how about I make us dinner for tomorrow evening so your not just snacking"

"I'll say yes to that, what time"?

"I'll text you"

"You don't have my number" smiling at him

He picked up her phone and dialed his number then hung it up after a ring, "Now you do and I have yours"

"Tomorrow then Scotty" she smiled at him as he got up and left. She finished off her bottle of wine and went to bed.