#gunshot

They didn't even know if they were still being chased but they continued running through the forest for a long time. They were exhausted and in pain but they didn't want to slow down, fearing that the cops would be able to catch up. Only once the forest started to end and they saw a road again, they slowed down to walking. Hosok glanced over his shoulder, still not seeing or hearing any movement coming after them.

Hyungwon sat down, leaning on a tree. He was panting heavily and there was buckets of sweat flowing down his face alongside the blood that came from the open cut on the side of his head. Hoseok squatted down too to be on the same level with hom - and because he felt like his legs would give up soon.

He looked at the road next to them for a moment before turning to stare at Hyungwon. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" he asked once his breathing had steadied a little.

"If you're thinking about hitchhiking then yes," Hyungwon said, moving his eyes from the road to meet Hoseok's. "That's the only way we're getting out of here."

Hoseok stood up and stepped next to Hyungwon. He leaned down again and took out his hand to wipe some of the blood out of Hyungwon's face, using the sleeve of his shirt as a towel. He took his cap off and put it on Hyungwon's head, pushing his hair off his forehead to hide them under the cap. There was still some blood visible even after the injury was hidden under the cap so Hoseok grabbed the hood of Hyungwon's hoodie and pulled it over his head to hide all the blood.

"I got a plan so let me do the talking," he said with a faint smile and stood back up straight, extending his hand to help Hyungwon up too.

"Don't you trust my lying skills?" Hyungwon asked jokingly.

"You haven't given me any reason to," Hoseok patted Hyungwon in the back, knowing the guy wouldn't even trust his own lying skills.

They stepped over the ditch and stood next to the road, looking both directions to see if any cars were coming. It was the time most people got off work so there were higher chances someone who drove past them would pull over. Hoseok was holding his hand up and pointing his phone camera towards himself, making it appear like he was filming them as Hyungwon waved his hand at every car who passed by.

A few cars had passed before they got lucky and one of them seemed to slow down before stopping next to them. They scanned the car as if to see if it was good enough for them, even though they didn't have time to choose a good car now.

"Where are you two going?" the driver asked while opening his window. He was a regular-looking man in his late-thirties. Hoseok leaned close to his windshield with a stack of money in his hand, resting it against the window as if to show off what he was offering.

"Anywhere. We just need to find a place to sleep so you can drop us off at any rest spot. We're filming a show. Have you seen it? It airs on JTBC," he told, speaking fast to be able to deliver everything he wanted to say.

The man shook his head. He eyed the stack of money Hoseok was holding for a moment before nodding his head to the side as a sign for the boys to get on. Hoseok got in the front seat and Hyungwon went to the back.

"Don't you have a camera crew," the man asked after starting to drive again.

"They followed the other contestants," Hoseok explained. He was still holding his phone in front of him. "We're sponsored so we need to advertise this phone too and film with it. But once we arrive somewhere the filming crew will come to where we are," he continued and even Hyungwon was taken aback by how easily he made up believable lies.

"I watch TV sometimes but I haven't seen this show. So you two are celebrities or what?" the man continued asking questions.

"I'm an athlete. You know, speedskating," Hoseok told.