Chapter 19

Now time for volleyball!

———————————

Kageyama enters the gym after getting ready and sees everyone in the gym and closes the door behind them and lets his ears and tail out. "Shoyo!" He shouts -which turns a heads because since when were they on first name basis(?)- "I'll be more agile in this form so I might push you more today." He rubs his neck looking down at the shorter boy. "It's okay Tobs!" The energetic sunshine shouts, making the younger boy smile.

"WHATS UP FUCKERS!" The familiar voice shouts (Yui), "WHY DO YOU HAVE MY PHONE?!" Screams the shorter girl next to them screams, "FUCK YOU, THAT'S WHY!" Kageyama yells and the three break down in laughter.

"I missed this," Yui sighs, "having you two to joke around with." They all meet up in the middle and hug it out. "We're always together." Kageyama purrs, "we're a pack." The three look at each other and smile. "Ahem." Daichi is receiving a lot of death glares today... "sorry girls, he needs to set for us."
"Excuse me?" Yui sasses and Kageyama and Luna give each other a knowing look before turning away, attempting to hide their smirks. "Did you just assume my gender?" They receive a gym full of shocked faces and they burst into laughter. "They're non-binary." Luna says ignoring the hysterical neko in the back. "Luna! Did-you see- their-faces!" The beta says in between laughs, Kageyama is now wondering when he can leave and just go back to his flat, pick up his guitar and sing.

Practice ended an hour ago and Luna and Yui are on a-totally-not-date-just-hanging-out date as cats. So Kageyama is left by himself for once.

After he does all his set homework he decides that he might as well give in to the yearning for his guitar and began to play. All too soon, his phone began to ring -much to his annoyance- and the caller ID read 'mother'. God fucking damnit, can't she just leave me alone already? "Yes." He says through gritted teeth, "play nice dear, it's only me." The woman's amused laugh echoes through the phone. "On another matter, I need something of you."
"Need something or want something?" Came his reply, "because whatever it is, I'm not doing it." His mother scoffs on the other end, "Oh, you will. Or else."
"Or else what, hag?" Kageyama says trying to calm himself down, shouting would only make it worse. "Or else I'll cancel your engagement with that boy you love and let your father choose." He can practically see the sneer on her face.  He can't let that happen, if his father choose all hell could break loose. He bows his head in submission-although his mother can't see it- and answers, "yes mother," in a weak tone of voice and she knows she's won. "I need you build up your reputation at school. It's not very prince-ly what you've got going an at the moment." She sounds bitter by the end of it and Tobio just wants to go to bed now more then anything else in the world, it doesn't matter that he hasn't eaten yet. "I will try." That triggers her anger. Big mistake. "YOU WILL NOT TRY, YOU WILL DO!" Her voice booms through the phone and Kageyama holds it away from his ear. "YOU USELESS OMEGA!" That is a low blow and she knows it. See his mother isn't an omega like him. No, she's a beta and knows where to his sensitive spots are. So she knows that she's just hit one. "Yes, ma'am." His broken voice replies.

He lays in bed that night, wondering, hoping. He's not sure what for. Maybe for Hinata to save him, sweep him off his feet and take him away from his troubles. That would be nice, a life without all this shit. Those are his last thoughts as he drifts off into a restless sleep.

——————————
Sorry for the short chapter and a crappy one at that. I've not been the best recently and I know that's no excuse, but please be patient with me. I've relapsed and gotten way worse and I just need some time to recover. Again I'm sorry!!