Chapter 23

The next morning Kageyama wakes up feeling a little off, but pushes the thought away excusing it as his next heat coming up.  He gets dressed into the uniform from yesterday (he stayed over at Hinatas) and left before his fiance woke from his slumber, He left a note saying that he had to go home to pick something up -which he didn't- and he'd see him sometime.

When he arrives on campus his phone rings, he answers expecting it to be Hinata asking why he hadn't woken him up. It isn't. "Hello Tobio," the purr in her voice is so sadistic that Kageyama shivers in disgust at just hearing it. "Running from me yesterday was a big mistake," she makes a tutting noise on the other end and continues, her words sharp. " You won't do it again. This is your second chance, I won't be as generous next time." Then a deep beeping noise, signalling that his mother had hung up before he had the chance to answer.

When he's up on the roof by himself he lets go of the wrench he has on his emotion. He cries and cries and cries. He cries until he realised the wind -which had picked up immensely- wasn't touching him in the slightest way possible. That's when he notices the teardrops that had fallen onto the floor were frozen and he lifts a hand to feel his cheeks, his tear tracks. His tears are frozen...

What the hell?! As far as Kageyama could tell he wasn't an elemental, both of his parents are Nekos and both have no ancestry of elemental /Neko hybrids. For that matter, he didn't thing -despite their close relationship with the elemental kingdom, as they existed long before the rest of them- that there was one. But then how in the hell did he just use elemental magic!? And two elements at once! That's like extremely rare! No! No, this isn't happening!

Tobio didn't realise that the wind had calmed down whilst he was wrapped up in his own thoughts. That's when his final resolve snaps. He dials Lunas number and she answers almost immediately.  "Where the hell have you been!" It comes as more of a statement than a questing and he realises how worried he must of made his two best friends. "No time.." he heaves out in-between harboured breaths and registers somewhere in his mind that he's having a panic attack. "Kageyama? Calm down and explain what's happened." Her voice is firm, but still has a softness to it.

He takes a deep breathe, knowing this will sound insane, "I-magic-I don't-I didn't mean to-" he cuts him off. "Magic? Tobio, is an elemental there?"

"No"

"Then what are you talking about?" Her worry creeps into her voice and Kageyamas inner omega forces him to calm down, although (in this situation) he has every right to panic. "I-I used magic..." he breathes out, cutting her off before she can talk back. "I was upset and crying and I realised that the wind was going crazy, affecting everything but me and then I noticed that my tears were frozen on the floor. I thought I was going insane and then i felt my cheeks and my tears are frozen." He pauses, "My tears are fucking frozen!"

••••••••••••••••

Sorry for the short and late chapter! Life has been stressful lately and im really trying to write as often as I can! Again, I'm sorry!!!