Chapter 1: Draco

Draco Malfoy was dreading going back to Hogwarts. That was one of the few things that he knew about himself anymore.
    He was only going back for eighth year because his mother wanted him to. His mother was different now, and he was trying his best to make her happy.
  He could hear her at night sometimes, sobbing quietly in her bedroom, because of the war, and because of his father, and, he knew, because of him.
  Lucius had been sentenced to life in Azkaban, and he knew that, while his mother knew it was his own fault, and didn't even really love Father anymore, she still missed him. That was one reason she cried. She also cried because of him, Draco, and he hated it. He hated seeing her miserable, and he hated knowing that he was a cause of her sorrow.
  She cried, sometimes, when she saw him, and she would touch his cheek and say how sorry she was that Draco had been pulled into the middle of the war, full of death and suffering, and how much she wished that she could give him a normal life now.
  In attempt to do that, she had suggested that he go back to Hogwarts to finish his education, so that he could get a nice job, and have a better life, and make better choices than those of his father- and herself.
  He would go to make her happy, but that didn't mean he wasn't dreading September 1st with everything in him. He knew it would be horrible, but anything had to be better than watching tears stain his mother's cheeks every time she laid eyes on him. Right?

Author's Note: Sorry, but there will probably be a ton of pretty short chapters, but I will try to post often to make up for it. Not that anyone is going to read this anyway, but you know, just in case.