Chapter 5: Harry- Goodbye and Kings Cross

September 1st came much too quickly for Harry. As much as he hated the feeling of loss in the air at the Burrow, he knew it would be worse at Hogwarts, which had been where the final battle was.
  It held more memories, too, which Harry knew would all come flooding back when he stepped in the door.
  But apart from that, Hogwarts had so many people, pretty much all of which were certain to stare at Harry, and call him a hero, which made him feel even worse than he always did anyway. 
  But September 1st came just the same, and at the Burrow trunks were packed, lists were checked, goodbyes were said to Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, Bill, Charlie, and George, and promises to write often were made. Then, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny apparated to Kings Cross.

  Once they were at the station, they went onto the platform one by one.
  It was very early, and they had at least three hours until the train left. No one else was even there yet.
  Everyone but Harry stowed their luggage and claimed a compartment, then left to go to Diagon Alley. He just said he would rather stay behind, and they didn't question it. They knew he liked to be alone more now.
  Harry went straight to the back of the train, and slid into the last compartment, closing the door behind him. He sat down, pulling his knees to his chest. He was glad they had arrived before everyone else. He didn't want to have to deal with... anything at all.