Chapter 7:Draco- Harry

"Thanks, Draco." said Harry.
Wait. Since when was Potter Harry? Had Harry just called him Draco?
  Draco knew things we're different now, that they were different now, but this was very different. He had to admit- he liked this better.
  "Draco?"

  "Yeah?"

  "You're not a murderer. And you were only doing what you were told."

  Silence. Was Harry trying to comfort him?

  "Draco?"

  "What?"

  "Why were you early?"

  That startled him. He had almost forgotten about the whisperers on the platform.

  "Oh. That. I was trying to avoid people too. Everybody hates me because I was a Death Eater. They're not very subtle about it."

  " Did someone say something?" Was Draco imagining it, or did Harry sound...protective?
  Draco laughed.
  "Of course. Everyone that was there said something."
  "Like what?"
  No, he wasn't imagining it, Harry definitely sounded protective. He debated whether or not to tell him what everyone had said, but he knew he would keep asking if he didn't.
  "Oh, nothing that bad." he said, faking nonchalance. "Just the usual. Called me a murderer. Asked if I was back to finish off the Mudbloods. Told me to go join my father in Azkaban. So... pretty much business as usual." He shrugged.
  Harry looked furious. "That's awful!", he cried. "You can't let them say that!"

"Why not? They're right."

  "Draco! Never say that again. You are NOT a murderer, and you absolutely do NOT deserve to be in Azkaban."
  They sat in silence for a while, then. Draco lost himself in his thoughts. Maybe he could have a friend now. Maybe this year at Hogwarts wouldn't be so bad, as long as he had Harry.
  After a while, Draco looked over and saw that Harry had drifted off to sleep.
  He watched him for a while, noticing things like the way his eyelids fluttered as his eyes darted around rapidly, and the way that he looked so vulnerable when he was asleep.
  Draco was just starting to nod off himself when he heard Harry cry out.
  He sat bolt upright and looked at the other boy.
  He was still asleep, but his face was contorted with fear, and his head was jerking from side to side, his body twitching. Draco darted to his side and tried to wake him, but to no avail.
  "No!" cried Harry. " I'm sorry! Please! I'm so sorry!"
  Then he sat up so suddenly that Draco almost jumped back. His eyes darted around the compartment frantically, and his face was tear-stained. He didn't seem to know where he was.
  "I'm sorry... I'm sorry..."
  Draco took him by the shoulders, holding him, trying to calm him down, to comfort him.
  "Shh... No, it's not your fault." he said gently.

  "But... But it is. It is."

  "No, it's okay. You're okay. It isn't your fault." He wiped a tear from Harry's cheek, and held him until he stopped shaking.
  Finally, Harry realized where he was and began breathing normally, but he still looked shell-shocked.
  Draco went back to his seat on the other side of the compartment and waited a moment. Then, "Are you okay?"

  "Y-yeah. T-that one was worse than normal." he said shakily.

  "You too?", asked Draco.

  " What? What do you mean?"

  "You get the nightmares too?"

  " Every night. What do you mean 'too'?"

  "I have nightmares every night. What are your's about?"
  Harry was surprised. Draco could tell. Maybe he had thought he was alone in dealing with the dreams. Draco certainly had until five minutes ago.
  "Everyone that's dead comes back. They tell me that it's all my fault. They say I'm the reason they died. I always believe them because...because I know they're right." Draco looked over and saw, to his horror that Harry was crying again. He had to make it stop. He had to make him feel better.
  "Harry it's not your fault," he said again, this time with no small amount of alarm. "None of this is your fault." But Harry didn't seem to hear him. He was staring at his hands, lost and drowning in his own guilt and sorrow.
  Draco wondered how he could possibly think this was his fault. He wasn't the one who was a Death Eater. His father wasn't the one in Azkaban.
  Draco couldn't get out if his own head. He kept reliving the moment that he'd been told Harry was dead. The moment he had gone to join his parents at the final battle.
  None of this would have happened if in wasn't for him. He let the Death Eaters in during sixth year. He had been the one who had been assigned to kill Dumbledore. Snape wouldn't have killed him if he hadn't made the Unbreakable Vow to do it for Draco.
  Then Dumbledore wasn't there to protect the school at the Battle. All of this was his fault...all his fault...his fault...

Author's Notes:  if anyone is reading this, please tell me. I would love to hear some feedback and know that someone has read this.