Chapter 18: Day One

Harry's P.O.V.
As I make my way up the Slytherin staircase towards the dorm rooms, I keep my eyes on my feet. However, even though i don't look up, I'm still listening behind me to see if Draco is following me. I don't hear anything though, and I find myself oddly disappointed.
This is outweighed by far, however, by my complete and utter physical, mental, and emotional exhaustion. The stress from the day is starting to catch up to me and I can hardly keep my eyes open as I continue my short journey to my room.
It's almost impossible to believe that I could have died just a few hours ago, and yet, I find that I dont want to die anymore. Not right now at least. I know that just because I don't feel suicidal at the moment doesn't mean I'm cured by any means, but it's something.
I'm pulled from my thoughts as I reach a wooden door set slightly into the wall. The small plaque on the door has two names on it: Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy.
Opening the door, I step inside and look around. The room isn't exactly circular, more like a square with curved sides.
There is a window on the wall across from the door and the one beside it, on opposite sides of the room, with green curtains with silver fringe hanging beside them.
Against the wall farthest from the door are the beds, the headboards against the back wall. Both have forest green sheets and hangings with silver pillowcases. There are green shag carpet mats beside the beds and a trunk at the foot of each. Between the two beds there is a large arched window set back into the wall, enough to leave a space to sit.
I see that my trunk is at the foot of the bed on the left, and I walk over to it. After pulling out a flannel pajama set, I head into the bathroom that's in our room.
After showering, brushing my teeth, and putting on my nightclothes, I walk over to my bed and crawl under the blanket.
I lay down and close my eyes, but sleep evades me. Despite how tired I was, how tired i still am, I can't fall asleep. Wonderful.
Once I've tried for hours to drift off into blissful unconsciousness, with no luck, i decide to wait up for Draco.
I don't know why, I guess it's just because I have nothing better to do, and he is my roommate, and I'm kind of curious as to why he hasn't come up yet.
However, after hours have passed and he still hasn't come, I give up and lay back in bed. This time, darkness overtakes me almost immediately, and I fall into a deep, dreamless sleep.

A/N: Okay, so sorry for the short chapter, but I needed to publish something. I've been going for an update every two weeks, and this was already a little late. I MIGHT do another chapter earlier than two weeks to make up for this, but no promises. Also, the story is at like 1.68k or something like that, and like omggg??? Thanks?? How did this happen??? Bye!!