who's hailey?

mia's pov

"dude mr wilson is the worst ever" nicole sighs sitting down on adam's lap.
"he's not that bad" i shrug and everyone looks at me in disbelief.
"isn't he the one who sent you to the principal's office last year?" adam asks me
"yeah, but i was being annoying so i can't put the blame on him" i say and jonah stares at me with a smirk
"what did the princess do?" he asks me
"dude that was hilarious" nicole says "she wouldn't stop talking with hailey and he was like 'get yourself some respect'" nicole laughs while i try to calm my anger down at the sound of hailey's name "and she was like 'get yourself a wig'" everyone bursts out laughing and i smile at the memory. i actually felt bad so after getting my shit together i apologized to him and a great bond came out of that. now we're always joking around during his lessons.
"who's hailey?" joey asks and my anger comes back.
nicole widens her eyes and gulps really hard, while everyone goes quiet.
"wait, isn't she back with davidson?" brandon asks.
"yeah, poor him" nicole spits venomous. she hates her after what she's done to me.
"she's probably gonna cheat on him too" adam agrees with her.
i start getting up, annoyed by the topic
"oh c'mon sis, okay, we won't talk about them anymore" nicole says and i turn to her "but sometimes trash talking the ones who hurt you is not that bad" jonah says and i glare at him.
"it may not be bad but for sure it isn't useful" i grab my bag and walk out of the cafeteria.

joey's pov

i'm in maths at the moment and i can't help but think about what adam told me the other day. i was so caught up in the girls mom's story that i completely forgot to ask him why their dad isn't with them.
i also thought about mia a lot: i have to try and stay away from her, even tho i like her company a lot.
i can't put wrong ideas in her mind. i only see her as a friend and most importantly i don't date. in california i used to have a lot of girls but no one was official. the guys may think that i'm a quiet guy but i'm just keeping it cool for now because i've just arrived at this school and i don't wanna split every couple up already. (confident much?!)
i get snapped out of my thoughts when a girl enters the room: she is wearing really tight skirt and top, that let barely anything to the imagination. she has hickeys all over her neck and a guy follows behind her, smirking.
"miss parker, mr davidson" the teacher speaks "what a pleasure to have you join us" he smiles sarcastically at them and they giggle in response.
the girl notices me and locks her eyes in mine, biting down on her bottom lip. see now that's the kind of girl i'd hit on, she for sure would agree on a hit and run thing.
i smirk at her and she sits down in the empty seat next to me. i glance at her over my shoulder before returning my gaze on the blackboard.
i see from the corner of my eye her boyfriend clenching his jaw: i'm sorry bud, but i'm stealing your girlfriend after this period.