what are you doing here?

"damn you look sexy" i lick my lips while hailey does a spin to show me her dress. this girl does have a body.
"thank u" she smirks "you look hot" she leans over and slips her hand down my stomach, stopping it right onto my-
"let's try not to take that dress off you before the night ends" i whisper in her ear making her giggle. i look at her mom, who's obviously glaring at me, and i nod my head towards the door.
"i think we should go before it gets too late" i tell them and we leave the house, walking to my car.

we're in front of a house i feel like i've already seen before. it's really big and it looks just like the one on its left. they're identical, weird. also this damn dude obviously had to live on the same street as nicole and mia. right when i'm trying not to stress so much about them, the destiny decides to be so good on me.
hailey's grip on my hand tightens when the door opens, revealing a tall and robuste man in black jeans and a white button up shirt. his eyes are a deep blue and his hair is black and curly. his skin is tan and he's staring at me. wait hold on why the fuck is he staring at me?
"huh?" i look at hailey and her face turns red
"i said hi, my name is christian" the man catches my attention and stretches his hand out for me to shake.
i grab it and shake it "i'm joey, nice to meet you".
"nice to meet you too, joey. great hand shake" he says and let's us in.

"i hate this" hailey whispers in my ear while we stare at her mom and christian blissfully laughing. hailey's mom places her hand on his chest and leans in. i turn around before it gets even more awkward.
hailey clears her throat and her mom glares at her "i think i should go check on the chicken" christian says and gets up.
"joey, why don't you go help him?" hailey's mom asks me. what the fuck.
i look at christian and he nods his head towards what i'm guessing is the kitchen "this way" he says and i swear if looks could kill hailey's mom would be six feet underground.

"you owe me" christian points his finger at me. it's been like 20 minutes we're in the kitchen alone and i kinda got to know him better. he's not that bad after all, he's actually pretty cool...i'm kinda sorry he got with that dead cat of hailey's mom.
i found out he is 40 like my mom, his favorite nba team is celtics, he has played basketball his whole life and he has 3 kids, two daughters and a son.
"why would i owe you?" i raise my brows at him
"cause i saved you from susan" he refers to hailey's mom and i laugh. this dude is really cooler than i expected. he kinda reminds me of my dad...
"what? you wanted to stay there while she was scolding your girl?" he asks me when he notices the frown on my face, not knowing that it was because of my dad.
i smile bitterly and get off the kitchen counter "hey um...can i use the bathroom?" i ask him
"sure, upstairs last door to the left" he says and then he stops me right before i get out of the kitchen "oh and can you also call my daughters on your way? third door on the left and third on the right" he says and i nod.
when i head upstairs i see out of the corner of my eye hailey and her mom whisper-yelling at each other. i look at hailey and when her mom notices me she sends me a death glare. i look away and run upstairs. that woman's scary, damn.
walking through the corridor i get the feeling i've already seen this house. idk it's kinda familiar...it looks like the evan's house but more furnished.
when i'm done in the bathroom i start heading to christian's daughter's door.
"aaron stop saying that!" a familiar voice comes from behind the door "oh wait i have to go" the voice says when i knock on the door.
i hear footsteps coming closer and after a moment the door opens to reveal...
I
CAN'T
FUCKING
BELIEVE
THIS
SHIT
"mia?" i widen my eyes. she looks at me both confused and annoyed "yeah that's my name"
"what are you doing here?" i ask her shocked
she looks at me like i'm mental or something "i don't know? living? it's my house" she says rhetorically.
that's why it looked so fucking familiar, they must have moved most of the forniture whenever they have thrown a party.
"but how-" i start asking again before another door opens, the one in front of mia's but on the other side of the corridor.
"joey? what are you doing here?" nicole asks me.
"you know what? whatever it is i don't care, just leave" mia is about to close her door, but nicole's hand stops her
"mia c'mon we're late, dad's girlfriend and her daughter are probably already here!" she says and mia rolls her eyes, outing her room.
i take a look at her and her body: she has her hair down in her natural waves, just a little mascara and a black tight dress that embraces her curves perfectly. she is...she is just...wow.
"joey whatever you wanted to say i'm sure it can wait, now excuse us but we have an important dinner to get to, you can't stay here" nicole places her hand on my back and pushes me lightly towards the stairs, snapping me out of my gaze on mia.
"i know" i tell her and stop walking "i'm one of the guests' boyfriend" i tell them, hoping they will understand. i want to warn them before so that they won't make a scene and ruin christian's night, he doesn't deserve it. even tho now that i think of it...he's the man who fell into alcohol leaving their kids on their own. it almost doesn't seem real to me.
nicole furrows her brows while mia widens her eyes. we hear the front door closing and mia runs to the stairs, looking down in the living room

"what are you doing here?"

pray for hailey's wig