if she doesn't wanna play then she won't

two weeks later

mia's pov

"let go!" i shout laughing, only causing jack (davidson if you were wondering) to tickle me more.
"what's the password?" he laughs.
i look at him "never!" i yell laughing. please is not in my vocabulary.
"okay then" he picks me up and runs outside, standing right besides the pool. just a few people are out here since the party is inside.
while he turns around i look for someone to help me, and out of the corner of my eye i see joey and hailey going upstairs. i could vomit on jack's back right now, disgusting.
i don't even know why she's here.
well, actually...i know why.
after what happened between me, her and jack, i kept throwing parties and of course i wouldn't invite them. and since basically the whole school always comes to our parties they were the only ones left out. but now that i'm trying to forgive jack and i started inviting him over again...i just feel like it would be messed up keeping her out alone. even tho she didn't apologize or even showed she is sorry for what she did, my sister and i are still nice people who care about other's feelings.

but parties aside, she has to stay the fuck away from me.

i get snapped out of my thoughts when the cold water hits me, or should i say when I hit it. that fucking dickhead really threw me in the damn pool.
i swim to the surface and i see jack laughing like crazy.  before i can even start offending him, he takes his shirt off and jumps in.
"i forgot to tell you something" i say when his head reappears from the water.
"huh?" he opens his eyes, looking at me.
"i peed" i say. his eyes widen and he starts hurrying out of the pool.
when i burst out laughing he stops, turns around and relaxes, smiling.
"you should have seen your face!" i laugh.
"oh really" he smirks "how was it?" he swims towards me again. he places his hands on my hips. well well well, na-ah honey.
"i'll let you wander" i take his hands off and he smiles, he knows nothing can happen between us anymore. he knows that because he knows me, and even tho i forgave him, i can't forget what he's done.
"why did you do that?" i ask him and he rolls his eyes.
"c'mon i was just playing, i know that's not what you want from me anymore" he says.
"no, not that" i take a deep breath and look into his eyes "why did you do that to me?" i ask him and by the sparkle of guilt that ran into his eyes i know that he got what i'm talking about.
"mia i-"
"you've already apologized jack and i already told you that we're cool" i reassure him "i just want to know why" i tell him.
he takes a deep breath and looks at me "when we started dating, i think you remember, me and hailey had always been close" he says and i nod. i remember him hanging out with her more than with me. maybe i should have understood before something was going on.
"through the last months of our relationship, when we had that break, me and her...you know...we kissed" he says looking down "well, i kissed her".
"when we got back together i felt so guilty for not telling you, but i convinced myself that it was a mistake...until one night you and i had another fight, she came over and kissed me" he says and i keep quiet "that's when i realized that wasn't a mistake, that i actually felt something towards her" he takes a deep breath.
when he apologized and she didn't, i actually thought that the blame would be on her for what happened. but now i understand that they were both in.
"that night i decided to tell you, to end things so that we wouldn't have ended on bad terms...but you anticipated me." he says and i give him a little smile. even if i act like it doesn't, this thing still hurts me. the vision of my best friend on top of my boyfriend, naked...it's just...awful.
but i've already forgiven him and i promised him that we're fine so there's really no point in letting my rancor take over me again.
"look i'm really sorry" jack catches my attention again "i let her influence take over my actions and i didn't respect you. i didn't realize it before she did the same thing to me" he says and i feel kinda sorry for him.
"i know i did you really dirty, but i regret it all and i'm trying to be better than that" he tells me and i give him a reassuring smile.

joey's pov

"joey" she moans and i fall beside her on the bed.
i try to catch my breath before getting up and putting my clothes back on. i just fucked hailey in mia's house's guest room, wow. i don't even know why she and nicole let her come to their house, i thought they hated her. whatever.
i open the door and start heading downstairs. i go directly outside to take some fresh air and when i look around, i spot nicole and adam in a corner.
i sit down next to them, before my attention gets caught by giggling coming from the pool. i turn around and see mia and davidson in the water, playing wrestling. i shift uncomfortably in my seat, i thought mia was more difficult to conquer.
"the ecstasy from having sex has just been wiped off by annoyance i see" nicole teases me
"huh?" i play dumb and she eyes me
"i'll pray for your poor soul you won't fall in love with my little sister" i glare at her and she starts drinking from her cup. she chugs it all down in less than 5 seconds and i widen my eyes.
"what was there in that cup bro?" i ask shocked.
"clearly orange juice" someone says and mia takes a seat next to adam, in front of me.
davidson follows her and wraps a towel around her shoulders before sitting down. she smiles at him and i keep a stare on them.
where is this knot in my stomach coming from?
"baby" someone wraps their hands around my shoulders and i smirk, looking at mia's annoyed face.
"let's play spin the bottle" some guys suggest, taking seat around us, some of them on chairs and others on the floor.
"we're not playing" adam speaks for him and nicole, obviously.
"yeah me neither" mia says and i feel somehow relieved.
"oh c'mon why" hailey frowns and i shoot my head up, placing my eyes immediately on mia. jaw clenched and a cold glare in her eyes, as i thought.
"cause i don't wanna find some stranger's saliva in my mouth" she spits venomous and then looks at me "I like to know who i'm getting into something with" she smiles sarcastically at me after glancing quickly at hailey and i glare at her.
"please just one round" that jerk next to her begs her and my hate towards him increases.
"if she doesn't want to play then she won't play" someone says and, when i find myself being glared at by both hailey and mia, i realize that someone is me.
"one round it is" mia sends me a glare.

i look at mia rolling her eyes right after hailey gets off my face. i lean in and spin the bottle, it landing on the one and only...mia evans.
i look up at her and she scrunches her face "no way" she pulls back.
"oh c'mon it's just a kiss, don't be a pussy" someone says, but mia keeps a steady look on the bottle, crossing her arms.
when i take a better look at her i see a light tint of red on her cheeks, and suddenly i feel the need to kiss her. and since she never refuses a challenge:
"it'll be hard for her since she IS a pussy" i say and she shoots her head up, locking eyes with me. her analyzing look on me makes me a little insecure, until she gets up on her knees and starts leaning in.
i don't know why but i feel my heart beat speeding up. and right when i think she's about to kiss me, she harshly grabs the bottle off the ground and goes back to where she was sitting.
"my turn" she smiles cheekily at me, while everyone, including that davidson guy, chuckles.
she spins the bottle and i smirk when it lands on davidson. one thing i know for sure is she's not gonna kiss him. whatever it is they have a past...and mia's not the type to look behind.

i think.
she's not, right?
i mean she did forgive him tho.
but she wouldn't, would she?

she looks at him insecure, but then when she looks around and notices the smile on my face, her expression changes completely.
she gives me a challenging look, before grabbing the jerk's shirt's collar and pulling him on her, smashing her lips on his. right when i think she's not gonna go further than a peck, davidson quickly glances at me, before tilting his head and deepening the kiss.

why do i feel like this is shit?