she was looking at you

nicole's pov

"we need to tell you two something" i say sitting down
"what's up?" mia sits on the couch in front of me.
"we...um-" adam stutters and i cut him off
"WE GOT BACK TOGETHER!" i shout in excitement.
"dude that's awesome" joey says smiling wide and getting up to pat adam's back.
i look at them smiling and then i move my attention to my sister. her face is blank and she's showing no emotion.
"aren't you happy for us?" i ask her
"yeah" she says not really convinced "congratulations"
"okay seriously what's up with u? don't you want to see me happy?" adam says annoyed
the doorbell rings and mia gets up.
"i think i said congratulations, didn't i?" she tilts her head at adam and then walks to the door. she grabs her jacket and walks outside, towards aaron who's waiting on his motorbike.
okay at first it was cool but now it got boring. like wtf is your ass glued on that thing?
"hey" i follow her outside and she looks at me "can you please be happy for me? it's not like i threw myself at him right after he's cheated on me" i tell her and she stares at me for a while.
she sighs "nic it's not that i'm not happy for you. i mean i've always told you that your relationship annoys me but you should know by now that i'm actually its number one supporter." she says and i smile at her.
"why didn't you seem happy to see us together again then?" i ask her and she looks away from me.
"of course i'm happy nicole. your relationship is not the point. i mean it kinda is but it also isn't" she says and i furrow my brows.
"okay i didn't understand one word you said" i tell her and she runs her hand through her hair.
"it's adam. when you got together i specifically told him that if he had ever hurt you, i wouldn't even have looked at him anymore" she says frustrated "it happened, he hurt you and now that you're back together i don't know what to do with him. i made him think that our friendship was over and i'm too proud to take it back. i mean he probably doesn't even want a best friend that turned her back on him in a blink of an eye"
i smile to myself and look straight in her eyes "then it's my full pleasure to tell you that he's stressing for the same reason and that he wants your friendship back" i smile brightly at her and her eyes light up.
my heart almost meals at the scene: my sister might look like a bitch but adam really is her sweet spot. they can fight all they want but at the end of the day they know that the love they have for each other will never end.
mia looks behind me and i turn around. the front door is open and adam and joey are talking to each other. i thought mia was looking at adam, but then when joey turns his head in our direction she quickly looks away.
she takes a glance at aaron and then looks back at me.
"is there anything i can tell you not to make u go with him?" i ask her, knowing the answer already.
adam told me what aaron said about mia and let's just say i'm not here for it at all. i mean yes he's her boyfriend but he's not even that close to adam and he made a joke with a sexual background about my sister right in front of him. imagine what he tells his close friends...
plus now that i know for sure joey likes mia i'm not gonna quit till they'll be together. i'm team #moey all the way. i'm even willing to team up with hailey to make them end up together, which is craaaaazy. hopefully i won't need to do that.
mia shakes her head in response and takes a last glance at the door, before walking towards aaron.
she gets on the motorbike and waves her hand at me, i wave back and then enter the house.

"so? why was she acting like this?" adam asks me when i close the door.
"just know that she wants to be your friend again but of course she's too proud to tell you that" i tell him and his face lights up.
see? i told you they love each other!
"oh thank god. i couldn't have stand one more day without my best friend" he says and i smile at him.
but then my smile falls when i look at joey.
he's looking at the door and his face shows nothing but sadness and hurt. damn he really likes her.
"aww jo, please cheer up" i tell him and he flops on the couch, running his hand through his hair.
i sit down next to him and caress his back "aaron is a douche, i really doubt they will go that far" i tell him and he sighs.
"you don't understand how much selfcontrol it takes me not to beat the living shit out of him every time i see them together." he puts his head in his hands.
i chuckle and adam joins "i do, that's how i felt when i saw you and that guy dance together" he tells me and i grin. i love him so much my heart could explode.
"what the fuck does she even find in him?!" joey wanders tugging on his hair.
"you know what?" i suddenly stand up "you're not gonna be this sad over that dickhead being with my sister" i tell joey and he widens his eyes.
when i realize what i said i widen my eyes too and cover my mouth. omg what is happening to me? fighting with hailey every single day really got the best of me.
"you're so cute baby" adam chuckles and joey smiles weakly.
"anyways" i blush "you must know your worth joey. and trust me there's no comparison between you and...that." i say convinced.
he smiles at me and adam speaks up "wow, shady much?" he says and i roll my eyes.
"i'm trying to put up an inspirational speech here, would you mind?" i tell him and joey chuckles.
"thank u nicole, i really appreciate that" he says "but the problem is not him, it's the fact that being myself around mia and acting like a mature guy doesn't seem to be bringing me anywhere" he says and i burst out laughing.
him and adam both furrow their brows and i raise my brows at them.
"are you serious? my sister didn't even use to look at you in any way besides as a fuckboy who had the maturity of a 10 year old" i tell him and he seems offended.
"sorry" i tell him "but that's the truth. now she looks at you in a complete different way. i'm not saying that she likes-likes you, but for sure she's changing her mind".
"how do you know that?" he asks me and i shrug my shoulders.
"i can tell by the way she looks at you when you speak, how surprised she seems every time you say or act in a mature way and-" i cut myself off, knowing that i'm exposing her too much and she won't be happy about that.
"and what?" adam asks me and i glare at him, as to tell him to shut up.
"please nicole, i'm really feeling like giving up and i need to hear that there's still hope" joey tells me with pleading eyes.
i sigh and run my hand through my hair "she did something while we were talking outside..." i think about it "she was about to leave and she looked in the house. i thought she was looking at adam, since we were talking about him just a few moments before, but instead she was looking at..."
i look at him and his face tells me that i can trust this guy with my sister, so i tell him "...you. she was looking at you".
"why tho?" adam asks me, while joey seems completely starstruck.
"i don't know" i shrug "but i know that when she looked back at aaron she didn't have the same spark in her eyes" i tell them.
"what spark? what do you mean?" joey asks me confused
"i feel like she's getting bored of aaron. she told me some nights ago of how all they do together is going to races, clubs and to his friends' parties" i tell him "at first she was okay with it but you know how mia is, she gets tired of stuff after a while"
"and how do you know she won't get tired of me?" joey raises his brows at me
"cause you're starting to interest her in a different way. she already knows you can have fun, you can party and get girls. but now she's finding something else in you she's attracted to" i tell him "like...it's not something physical it's more-"
"mental" he says and i nod
"exactly. and mentality is not something mia gets tired of" i tell him and i see him smile.