good morning

i finally get back from this tiring ass school day, only to enter my house and hear the pleasing voice of hailey screaming my name
"WHAT!" i yell back
she doesn't answer but a few moments later she comes down the stairs banging her feet on the wood.
"wow, so delicate" i throw myself on the couch.
"where is my dress?" she stands in front of me
"what dress?" i ask her
"you know exactly what dress i'm talking about, the spaghetti red one" she says raising her brow at me.
okay there miss, chill the fuck out.
"and why should i know where you put it?" i snap
"CAUSE YOU'RE ALWAYS HIDING MY CLOTHES!" she yells.
at this point i lose it and jump up from the couch.
"i stopped hiding your clothes 1 month after you moved in, i don't do that anymore hailey!" i snap at her "so if you are not able to take care of your stuff don't put the blame on me!" i yell.
"wow wow wow" susan steps in the living room "what's happening here?"
"she won't tell me where she put my dress!" hailey complains.
"I DIDN'T TAKE IT! GET THAT THROUGH YOUR FUCKING HEAD!" i yell at her.
"mom!" she frowns at susan, who turns to look at me
"please mia can you give her that dress?" she asks me
"susan i didn't take it i swear to god!" i tell her.
"is this the dress you're talking about?" leo comes downstairs with a red cloth in his hands.
"MY BABY!" hailey runs towards it.
"see? i didn't have it!" i tell susan and she gives me an apologetical smile, as soon as my dad comes in
"what's all this noise?" he asks
"i'm sorry honey, i just thought-" susan starts apologizing and i cut her off.
"i know what you thought but i stopped doing it such a long time ago! you should know i got used to having you here by now" i drop myself on the couch again.
"i know, you're right" she sits next to me and gives me a side-hug.
"well about that..." my dad speaks up.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!" nicole shouts in excitement
"didn't you hate each other?" leo laughs at her and hailey, who are currently hugging.
"yeah, of course" nicole pushes her and hailey pulls on her hair.
susan and my dad chuckle at the scene and then she looks at me. she walks over me and side hugs me.
"this won't change anything baby, what i told you about not wanting to take your mom's place is still true. it'll always be" she whispers in my ear.
i force a smile and she holds me tighter. i look at my dad and he's already looking at me.
i force a smile again and he smiles back.
i look at the scene in front of me and how happy everyone is, but my mind can't help but overthink.
after not even 5 months of bringing a new woman into our lives my dad decides to let her and her daughter move in.
i don't know if i'm being paranoid or not, but in my world after such a big step there's another huge and final one.
marriage.

the morning after

joey's pov

"hi losers" nicole sits down next to adam.
i look to my side and see mia walking up to the table.
she looks down the whole time with a straight face on.
what's up with her? maybe she's just tired.
she gets to the table and goes to sit down next to me.
i pull her by her jeans' pocket to sit on my lap.
she doesn't complain nor say anything, not even an 'hi' or 'goodmoring'.
i furrow my brows and look at nicole. she's looking at her too.
mia's back is facing me so i don't get to see her face. i lightly pull on her hair making her head tilt back. i keep pulling till her back is pressed against my chest.
i look at her face and see a blank expression on it. the mia i know would have already slapped me for pulling her hair yet she keeps being quiet. something is definitely bothering her.
i place a kiss on her neck and she finally looks at me.
"good morning" i tell her and wrap my arms about her waist "what's wrong?" i ask her.
she just shrugs her shoulders "tired" she says.
"are you sure?" i furrow my brows at her.
she looks me in the eyes without saying anything. she moves on my lap so that we're face to face. she leans in and places her head on my shoulder.
i look down at her and she closes her eyes. i don't buy it.
i look at nicole and see her happy and cheerful as always, talking to adam about something. she looks at me and i furrow my brows at her, as to ask her what's up with mia.
she looks down at her and is about to respond, right before mia places her and on my chest and cuddles more into me.
i mouth a 'forget about it' to nicole and she nods.

i'm so sad to say this but the story is coming to an end :(
there are two chapters left and then it's finished. i loved writing this fanfic soso much and the best part was getting to talk to you who have supported me and showed me your love, it was overwhelming!🥺
i'm already talking to some of you on insta and i would want to get to know as many of you and i can, so...if you want to leave me your @ in the comments and i'll follow you!❤️

OMG I JUST NOTICED WE'RE #2 IN #joeybirlem I'M SCREAMING HHSHDDHWAGAHDGDG