what.the fuck.is she doin here.

nicole's pov

"hi baby" i peck adam's lips before sitting down on his lap.
"hey babe, how's your day been so far?" he asks me and i shrug "fine i could say" i tell him.
"what's up infatuation birds" my sister turns up, making fun of us.
"haha, really funny" i glare at her "we love each other" i state while she sits down.
"good for you" she nods her head, completely disinterested.
one second later i notice jack sitting down next to her. i furrow my brows and turn to adam, who has the same confused expression on, just angrier.
"mia..." adam catches her attention and she shoots her head up "i accepted you to be friends with the dude just because you seemed like you moved on from that situation" he tells her and he couldn't be more wrong: she will never be over how much pain those two jocks caused her.
"..but don't think for one split second that i'll let you date the guy" he states and mia raises her brow at him, trying to speak, but he stops her
"and don't give me an attitude about 'that's none of your business what i do with him' or 'you can't stop me from doing what i want'" he glares at her "cause i'm not letting you give this jock a second shot in a relationship" he states and mia goes quiet.
she looks at me and i cross my arms, signaling i agree with my boyfriend.
she turns to look at jack and they burst out laughing. me and adam furrow our brows.
"what?" adam spats
"you seriously thought i'd give a second shot to our relationship?" she laughs and i become even more confused.
"but- well you kissed at the party, so if he's still sitting with us it means-" i say but she cuts me off
"it means nothing, we won't get back together" she says sternly.
"look" jack says "i don't have that kind of intentions with mia. yes we kissed but we were playing spin the bottle...and plus i only did that because-" he starts explaining but mia interrupts him
"because of nothing, we've already talked about this jack and i told you that you are wrong" she scolds him and that seems to tickle all the curiousness nerves in my body. (are they even a thing? idfk)
"because of what?" i say and jack smirks, while mia rolls her eyes.
"to make joey jealous" he says and i squeal
"nicole stfu and same for you, jack. why should he be jealous of someone who's nothing to him, not even his friend?" my naive sister wanders and i roll my eyes
"you're the only one who doesn't notice the interest he has in you. he's always staring at you whenever you're not looking at him" i tell her "and whenever you're talking to guys he's so attentive like he doesn't wanna miss a word you say" i giggle at the thought. he's actually cute when it comes to my sister, but his pride doesn't let him dump that hailey bish and ask mia out. boys.
"who is 'he'?" someone asks and joey takes a seat next to adam and i, glaring at jack. see, i told you he cares.
"none of your business" jack teases him. okay maybe i'll give this dude a shot if he manages to bring joey's jealousy up.
joey shoots him a death glare "listen you little funny thing-" he starts attacking him, but a hand on his shoulder pulls him back.
"baby, it's not worth stressing for this loser" the voice i mostly hate in the world speaks up.
joey sits down and hailey sits on his lap. i stare at him in shock, but he doesn't look back at me. he has his eyes on one person: not jack, not adam, not even hailey...but mia. his look challenging and a smirk plastered on his face, but he doesn't know what he's just put himself into.
i get snapped out of my trance when i hear a loud noise. i look at my sister, standing in front of hailey, bent over and with her hands fixated on the table. she is trying not to kill the viper. and i notice i just had the same reflex when i find myself gripping onto adam's hoodie.
"what. the fuck. is she doing here." mia speaks, calm.
"baby-" hailey cuddles on joey's chest, being scared. yeah you should be, you stinky dead cat.
"i honestly advise you not to make me hear your voice, if you care about your wig" mia looks her dead in the eyes and, when jack starts chuckling, hailey seems to have found the courage to speak again.
"or what, you ugly loser" she spats, flipping her hair.
"seriously? that's the only offense you can come up with? cause i've made up several just by looking at your face" mia spits venomous. that's my sister everyone!
"i don't see the problem, mia. she's my-...something so why shouldn't she sit with me?" joey tries to hold his laugh and hailey smiles proudly.
mia laughs at the view "really? you get all flattered because he said you're his 'something'?" she scoffs, crossing her arms "wow, my anger towards you just turned into pity" she says.
hailey's face goes red and she gets off joey's lap.
"well, at least i wasn't cheated on" she bends over the table, getting closer to mia's face "and i can still hug my mom".
the whole table goes quiet and she smirks. adam's grip around my arms gets tighter as i feel a sharp pain in my chest. how can someone be so cruel. i feel my eyes water and my first thought goes to my sister. i look at her but i don't see pain in her eyes. all i can see is a hard, cold stare, but only for a split moment, before she slaps hailey right across the face.
i gasp as the bitch's head snaps to the side. she holds her cheek with her mouth in an 'o' shape. it all happens so fast and suddenly hailey is jumping across the table, stretching her arms out to reach my sister's face.
"HEY!" joey shouts, pulling hailey back while zach and jonah do the same with mia. yes, my sister does have strength.
hailey manages to slip out of joey's grip, running towards mia and trying to attack her again.
but mia stretches her leg out, kicking hailey in her stomach and sending her right back into joey's arms.
everyone, including me, looks at her in disbelief and when i turn to hailey, i notice her eyes water. she's always been a sore loser.
"YOU'RE A SLUT! YOUR DAD WAS RIGHT TO LEAVE YOU!" hailey shouts and before i know it, i feel my hand sting and another 5finger imprint lays perfectly on hailey's cheek. i'm done with her trash talking my family. this bitch won't get away with all the shit that's coming out of her mouth. also wow i've never sworn so much in my life, i feel guilty, ugh!
"OKAY ENOUGH!" joey shouts, pulling hailey away from us and out of the cafeteria. he's seriously taking her side again, wow. i was so wrong about him: he doesn't deserve my sister's heart, he never will.
"are you okay" adam cups my face and looks for any sign of hurt in my eyes. but he doesn't find any.
"i'm okay" i nod truthfully. i got all my anger out by slapping that bitch.
i turn around to look at my sister, who is not so okay and is now angrier than before.
she looks at me, out of breath, before zach catches her attention "mia. mia are you alright?" he slightly pulls on her arm to make her look at him.
she doesn't say anything, she just harshly snatches her arms out of his and jonah's grip, shooting one last glance at me and outing the cafeteria.

joey's pov

"what the fuck is wrong with you?" i stop talking and pin her on my car door.
"what's wrong with me? what's wrong with HER!" hailey shouts in my face "and what's up with you also? she was humiliating me in front of everyone and you didn't do anything!" she frowns.
"you're indefensible! what you told her was awful!" i yell at her.
"well she deserved it!" she crosses her arms and looks away from me.
"NO SHE DIDN'T! i don't know what the fuck is going on between the two of you, but mia is an awesome person who's gone through a lot" i take a deep breath because of all the screaming "and you fucking shoved her fucked up past in her face!" i shout again and hailey goes quiet.
right when i think she's about to take a step back and admit how fucked up what she did was, i hear hiccups.
i look at her and see her crying.
"are you fucking serious?" i scoff. i don't know what is going on with me but i'm getting really heated about what has just happened. and i don't know why.
"why the hell are you crying now?" i yell
"cause you're always taking her side" she cries more, stomping her foot on the ground. i've never seen a more childish person in my life.
"you gotta be kidding me" i mumble to myself "hailey what you did was so wrong, how in the fuck could i take your side?" i shout in frustration.
"well- w-well..." she looks like she's trying to justify herself "what?" i ask her
"you don't know our story, so you can't judge me!" she shouts and i furrow my brows.
"besides whatever went on between you, you can't just tell someone-" i start repeating myself but she cuts me off.
"she's always been so bad to me and she made me hate her! i hate her and she deserves all that i've told her!" she cries even more and i pull her in my car because i can't handle her cries anymore. i'm on the verge of a mental crisis.
"now calm down" i hand her some tissues to wipe away the make up that is now melted on her face. i'm not gagging just because she's crying in my face and that wouldn't be nice.
"wanna tell me what she did to you?" i ask her and she nods. she looks at me with a hint of guiltness in her eyes before speaking up.

"we became best friends in middle school. we were so close and we would do anything together. she has always been so harsh on me and she would constantly point my defects out, making me even more insecure than i already was. but i have never realized it really because she was my bsf and i thought she was just trying to help me. when we got to high school i got a crush on davidson and she knew it. she told me she would talk to him for me and then she would introduce me to him. but one day she came to school, hand in hand with him. they had gotten together. i was so heart broken and i started erasing all my insecurities from my mind, i started dressing differently and became a show off kind of person." she stops before carrying on "i didn't complain about her and jack's relationship because i was trying to be happy for her, but then jack started showing me his attention and since i was in love with him i fell for his games. one night she caught us together and she cut us out of her life. me and jack got together and we were doing fine until you showed up" she smiles at me and i smirk to myself.
"now she forgave him but she still won't forgive me. i apologized so many times but she always treats me like shit telling me that i'm a slut and stuff" she finishes, looking down.
wow, that's...just...wow. i didn't think mia could be so cruel. i mean, hailey and that jock messed up but basing on hailey's story mia used to treat her like shit even before davidson turned up. i understood that mia is a rancorous person, but i didn't think she would be this much of a bitch.
now i feel bad for all the times i've treated hailey superficially. she didn't deserve that, she's been through a lot.
maybe it's because i'm feeling guilty or maybe not but i'm not quick enough to stop my words before they fall out of my mouth "hailey, will you be my girlfriend?"

hailey why the fuck you lying? why you always lying?
btw just know that what hailey told joey was made up by her and what really happened between her, mia and jack is explained in the previous chapter.

oh and also the kick mia gave hailey? do we wanna talk about that? cause that shit for sure hurted.