even tho i don't want to date you...

august the 1st

joey's pov

"hellooooo, you are late" nicole opens the door and lets us in.
i chuckle "where do i put this?" i ask her showing her a little box wrapped in birthday paper (is that how it's called? the paper you wrap around the gifts, idk whatever)
"aww jooo, you didn't have to" she says and i shake my head.
"yes, it's her birthday" i tell her and then we hear a knock on the door.
nicole goes to welcome the other guests, mostly people from school. once everything is in the right place we hear 4 knocks on the door.
"LEO I FORGOT MY KEYS!" we hear mia shout from outside.
"she's here!" nicole whisper/yells going to turn off the lights and everyone goes to hide.
i hide behind a cabinet that is right next to the door.
nicole fixes her dress and goes to open the door.
i hear light footsteps and then her voice saying "why are the lights off-"
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" everyone jumps out of their hideouts and mia screams
"omg you scared the shit out of me!" she shouts and i laugh.
nicole and adam go to hug her. once they pull away she steps in the house and some girls from our school embrace her in a group hug.
"finally you're 16!" they squeal and she laughs "yeah, finally i can drive my own ass around"
a laugh escapes my lips and she turns around. i scan her body from head to toe and i have to admit nicole wasn't joking at all when she said she would have made her look perfect.
she's wearing a red tight lace body and a black leather  skin-like skirt that hugs her curves perfectly, making me go crazy.
her black silky hair is down in its natural waves, she's not wearing any makeup besides a little mascara.
"i-...wow" i breathe out and she laughs "if you think i don't look like myself take a look at my shoes" she says and i notice she's wearing her white air force 1.
i giggle and she smiles at me, her eyes bright and sparkling. she's happy and that makes me smile.
"happy birthday" i tell her and she does something unexpected...
she hugs me. she closes the space between us and wraps her arms around my hips.
i'm surprised at first but then i hug her back, placing my chin oh her head and taking in the scent of her shampoo.
"thank you" she says in my chest and i smile. she suddenly pulls back and i watch her face heat up.
"um-...i'm s-sorry" she says embarrassed and i smile.
"i'm not" i tell her and i see her hold back a smile.
the doorbell rings and her big green orbs unlock from mine.
she goes to open the door and i can't help but look at her ass and frown. how i wish that was mine.
and just as i think that reality smacks me in the face: ken lifting mia up from the ground and swirling her around.
i roll my eyes and try to calm myself down. clearly he hasn't told her yet.
"happy birthday baby" he throws himself on her face and attacks her with a 'kiss'.
i can see his tongue from here, disgusting.
mia pulls away and looks around, locking eyes with me again. she gives me an apologetical look and i furrow my brows.
wasn't she happy about me seeing her with him? i mean she's always pointing out that they're together, especially if i'm listening. why does she look sorry for me then?
i don't even realize what i'm doing when i find myself giving her a reassuring smile.
wow...feeling defeated all this time really took the bitch out of me.
she looks at me and i notice a different sparkle in her eyes, which i don't get to decipher before i force my look always from them.
yes, i like mia, but i still have a pride and letting myself look like a complete fool will never be in my nature.
i walk away and look around for my friends.

adam clears his throat and nicole wraps her hand around my arm, scared that i will jump on that douche any second.
their faces are glued to each other and his hand is gripping her thigh. i swear to god if i don't kill anybody tonight i never will.
when her hand reaches his hair and starts tugging on it, he presses himself more into her and she moans.
knowing that they've already had sex makes me crazy and, when i picture in my mind them together in bed, i feel the need to cry.
what the fuck, i knew drinking was a bad idea.
when i feel a tear slip out i rub my face with my hands and get up. i go straight to the kitchen and pour some vodka lemon in a cup. i sit down and start drinking from it, not wanting to go back and see them together anymore.