she won't turn her back on you

"so that's why?" nicole asks me
"yeah! everytime i think we've taken a step forward she takes three backwards" i say running a hand through my hair.
"trust me joey, mia is completely into you" nicole says "it's just that she has a strong character so if she thinks something is right she'll do it regardless of what you think" she says and i scoff.
"i don't buy that bullshit anymore, she's not interested in me and now i'm convinced of it" i say frustrated.
"do you have an idea of why she left the party you dickhead?" adam shouts.
i shoot my head in his direction and i'm sure i look taken aback. i know he's mad cause i brought that girl to the party but that doesn't mean he has to come at me like that! his best friend is the problem!
"that doesn't even matter anymore-"
"she was arguing with riley about you!" he says point his finger at me.
i look at him confused and nicole nods.
"she was looking at you the whole night and riley told her that was what she got for being into a man whore" adam says "he called you a man whore, mia told him to chill out cause he doesn't even know you and he told her a funny story about you" he smiles at me
"what story? i don't know the dude" i tell him
"oh really? cause he says you used to go to the same high school back in LA and that you stole his girlfriend" he says.
every girl i messed around with had broken up with her boyfriend because of me, and since they were a lot i don't find it impossible for it to have happened. i mean mia knows how i used to be with girls, that shouldn't be a problem anymore...right?
idk why but i still feel anxious that may have reminded mia of my past and made her change her mind about me, again.
"mia asked him why he was saying that to her and he said he wanted to warn her about you. she told him there was no need to cause she knows about your past and that won't make her turn her back on you" he says and i let out a sigh of relief.
"so he started offending you and she got mad and she stuck up for you saying that his girlfriend was the problem, not you. he told her you're gonna use and dump her like you did with the others and she told him to shut up cause he doesn't know you." adam says.
"what happened next?" i ask looking down.
i'm a fucking idiot. but at least now i know she's willing to stick up for me against whoever talks shit about me. that means i mean something to her.
"she told him to fuck off and went upstairs so she didn't have to look at you and your whore making babies on her couch" he says
"i didn't even kiss her!" i justify myself.
"don't try it with me joey, the fact that you even brought her there is fucked up. when i told you i wanted to help you out with mia i meant if you're full head in the game. i'm not helping you hurt my best friend" he says disappointed.
"liking her is not enough joey, you should put your ego aside sometimes and try to understand her" adam says.