you're on a different level

hailey's pov

"what the heck?!" mia shouts walking in the room
"what?" i ask her and she walks dangerously towards us
"if you did something on my bed i swear to god-" she says and i'm about to respond when joey cuts me off
"are you serious?! we're just friends" he tells her
"then why are you on my bed, i repeat MINE" she says
"cause we were hanging out in your room, since now it's basically mine too" i tell her and she shots her head in my direction.
"what did you say?" she asks me
"yeah i mean i've been using this room since-"
"exactly, since you became a guest. that's what you are: a guest. don't get it twisted hailey, this is not your room" she tells me
what's up with this girl today like damnnn?!
"okay what happened?" i ask her getting up
"what?" she asks me confused
"why are you nervous?" i ask her and she rolls her eyes
"i'm not 'nervous'. but first i find you two on my bed and then i also have to hear that my room became someone else's too" she throws he hands in the air.
"you're seriously overreacting" i tell her "you know i meant-"
"i don't care about what you meant. my room is mine and i don't share what's mine with anybody" she glares at me and i see out of the corner of my eye a smiling joey.
so me being the nosy bitch i am...
"joey doesn't like sharing either, isn't it true joey?" i ask him and they both furrow their brows at me.
seriously hailey? that was really your way of moving the attention on joey?
"no i don't...but i don't get why you're pointing that out" he says
"yeah neither do i" mia agrees "and btw i don't trust leaving you two together in the same room, especially on my bed. who knows which weird desire could rise again" she spits out and i smirk.
THIS is the right chance now.
"are you jealous, evans?" i ask her smiling and she shots her head in my direction. caught.
"of who exactly?" she asks playing dumb and i chuckle
"you know exactly of who" i tell her
"i'm sorry but i'm not emotionally involved with any of the people in this room. except for myself obviously" she puts her hair into a ponytail and i laugh.
"what you're laughing at?" she crosses her arms.
"OMG stop being so annoying. there's no need to be jealous, joey is all yours" i roll my eyes and flop on the bed dramatically.
"i highly doubt that" she slightly laughs and i sit up immediately. i expected a 'stfu' or 'i don't care' or even a 'you can keep him'. but i didn't get a hint refuse in her answer.
"you shouldn't" joey says and she looks at him "i already told you i'm interested in you and you're on a different level from the girls i've had something with before. if you don't want to believe me that's on you, i'm okay with myself knowing that what i say is the truth".
"and i'm not saying this to interfere with your-" he pauses and mimics the quotation marks "relationship or whatever you wanna call it. i mean it and i think you're this annoyed because you know it" he lays on the bed next to me.
i have to hide my huge smile because of how proud i am. that's what i was talking about when i told him to be himself and show his maturity to her.
the whole time he spoke calmly and firmly, showing that he really thinks what he was saying.
i look at mia and see her hiding a smile too. she opens her mouth and i think she's about to say something that will finally step this situation up, but mia being mia...
"yeah, relationship is what i wanna call it" she says smirking and walking out of the room.