Chapter 19 Tris' POV

(Monday)

I walk into school wearing a large black hoodie so Four won't see me.

No sign of him yet...

I walk to my locker getting my stuff and quickly running to 1st period.

It's a new marking period so we should be starting to learn new things.

I sit just as the teacher walks in.

"Today we will be starting a new project. Here are your partners" She points to our names on the board.

Where's mine?

Oh no...

Tris - Four

"No! I was partners with him last time!" I say.

"Well it seemed to work out fine so I don't see why your complaining Miss Prior, rememeber your grade?" the teacher asks.

A+

"DANG IT!" I say putting my head in my hands.

_________________

I finally walk out of 1st period and go to my 2nd period class, art.

"Alright we will be doing a partner project. You will take turns painting, adding to the picture every 5 minutes. Here's your partners." Ms. Wu points to a list.

Four - Tris

"Oh come on! 2 classes!" I groan.

________________

3rd.

Please no partners.

"Today we'll start a project, you will be working..."

Please... no... partners.

"individually"

"THANK GOD!" I say.

_______________

4th.

"Partners"

Tris - Four

______________

6th and 8th

___________

9th.

"I swear if I'm partners with him again I'm going to kill myself." I mumble stomping into the classroom.

Four sits next to me.

"WHAT DID YOU DO? WHY ARE WE PARTNERS IN EVERY CLASS?" I ask, whisper yelling.

He puts his hands up, as if saying he's innicent.

"I didn't do anything, the teachers must just love us together." He says smirking.

"Oh shut it I know you had something to do with this, and you aren't going to get away with it." I say.

The teacher begins speaking.

Partners with Four, again...

WHHHHYYYYYY!

__________________________________

I walk to my locker, packing up as fast as possible.

But Four runs towards me.

He stops running and leans against the locker, trying to be cool.

Doesn't work.

"Hey" He says.

"Still hate you." I say not looking up.

"Just let me ex-"

"No! Four! You don't need to explain, its pretty obvious. You faked our friendship to get revenge. I knew the whole time!" I yell.

"If you knew the whole, why did you go along with it?" Four asks quietly.

"Because" I say now quiet too.

"Because I wanted to use your plan to my advantage. But then." I say.

"Than what?" Four asks.

(A/N this scene would be so perfect if she just kissed home right now....)

"But then I-I" I stutter, on the verge of tears.

I blink them away.

"I thought you changed!" I yell again.

"I did-"

"No you didn't. And-And even if you did, you're better friends with Zeke and Uriah, you would never let them down." I say.

"No Tris, I wasn't going to do it. I still don't know how to tell them, but I wasn't going to hurt you. I don't want to anymore." He says.

I slide down my locker on to the floor.

"I still don't know if I should believe you." I say.

"Then don't" Four says.

"Huh?" I look up at him.

"Don't believe me. Ill wait until you do. if you don't, then you obviously don't trust me, so we can go back to way things use to be." He says.

And with that, Four walks away.