Fantasy OC

Name: Azrael Qamar

Age: 24 

Gender: Female

Sexuality: Straight, possibly Asexual and Aromantic. She's not to sure yet and is trying to figure it out.

Species: Azrael is a Jinn. She is relatively young for her race, still considered a teen, albeit an older one closer to the mental age of seventeen-ish.

Powers: Jinn powers vary widely depending on where they were and how they were raised. Azrael here, has the ability to control the earth. As with sand, dirt, mud, and stones. While this next thing isn't exactly a power, it is a gift of sorts that her race possesses. Since most Jinn live in deserts, and those that don't once did, the Jinn race has a high tolerance of extreme weather. This helps them survive the scorching heat of a desert at midday, and the freezing cold nights that follow once the sun sets. Nights in the desert are also incredibly dark. Like the kind of dark where you begin wonder if you've gone blind. Because of this, Jinn also have night vision, where they can see things with almost no light.

Personality: Azrael is kind, to an extent. She loves adventure and adrenaline and is fascinated with the lives and cultures of other sentient races. She is sarcastic and intelligent with a quick wit and even quicker reflexes. She loves puzzles and mysteries, and enjoys using her brain. She's not the most trusting Jinn, but neither is she the most suspicious. While Azrael is kind, she has what many humans and other races from similar cultures would consider a sadistic streak. When someone angers her enough, she will react in a violent and likely sadistic way. Such is normal with her people though. They will treat you with respect, but once you break that respect, you're dead to them, and they'll let you know that.

Looks:

(The image above) Only change is that Azrael's canines are elongated and fang like

(The image above) Only change is that Azrael's canines are elongated and fang like. Azrael is short for a Jinn, standing at only 5'2" with long wiry arms and legs. Her hands also have claws on the ends of the fingers.

strengths: Azrael's main strength is her logic and intelligence. Which is not to say that she's physically weak. She likes to plan ahead and be prepared but is relatively good at thinking on her feet.

Weaknesses:  when it comes to other Beings and their reactions to something,  Azrael often forgets to factor emotions into it. Mainly because while Azrael is good at seeing patterns in others and seeing how they'll react to a scenario, she often doesn't understand the base emotions that cause this reaction in them. While azrael has other weaknesses, this is one of her big ones. 

Career: At this point in time, Azrael is just travelling. Learning about other races and about their cultures and such. Though she wouldn't turn down a couple life threatening adventures or mind bending conspiracies if she comes across them. Though if you were to give her an official career, it would probably be something like a "Scholar" and maybe a bit of thievery, forgery (the kind that copies official documents, not the kind that uses a forge.) and in the extremely rare case, assassination can be added to the list.

Backstory: Azrael grew up with a nomadic group of Jinns that traveled throughout the largest dessert on the continent known as the Crystal Desert. She eventually left to traveled the rest of the world, and has been doing so for almost five years now. Azrael herself is also the adopted daughter to a well known Jinn couple. These two Jinn are the ones spear heading the campaign to allow the Crystal Desert to be legally recognized as their homeland and their own country. Something that has been an uphill battle since the Jinn don't have any actual towns set up their. Though her parents are well known, Azrael herself is not. Even as a child she hated crowds and unwanted attention, so her parents kept her out of the spot light as much as possible. Now, that life in the shadows is paying off, as it allows her to travel almost anywhere she wants without attracting to much attention. It also helps that despite being out of the spot light, her parents still taught her how to handle unwanted attention or how to hold herself and act with the many upperclassmen her parents had to associate with.

Other: Azrael is always armed. Her main weapon is a simple staff made out of a strong but light weight metal. She also carried two long daggers on her that she can use separately or dual wield with. Along with that, Azrael also uses a slingshot and perfectly round marble sized stones for longer ranged fighting. Due to her ability to control the earth, she can usually control the stone enough that it hits her target. But that depends on the size of the target, the distance- since the farther away the stone is the harder it is to control. Especially if it's small since she has to see it. The speed of the stone as it flies is also a variable. Since she A; has to see it and B; has to keep track of it once She does have control of it, a faster speed makes it harder for her to control.