Chapter 1

Melissa's POV

It's Sunday morning. I roll over to look at the time. With my eyes still not fully open, I pick up my phone. 9:45. Ughhh I could sleep forever, but no. I eventually drag myself out of bed and throw on black leggings and a black tshirt that says 'JD' on the back. I put on an an oversized hoodie over the top and grab my bag before heading to work. As I get on the train I put in my earphones and listen to my favourite album to help wake me up. Flower boy by Tyler, the creator.

I arrive in central London at oxford street station at about 10:15 and my shift starts at 10:30 so I grab something to eat from a nearby coffee shop as I had no breakfast and will be working for the next few hours. I work in a sports shop called JD, it's so boring but I need the money so I put up with it for now. It's about 10:25 so I head to the shop.

Ellie: "Melissaaa, heyy!"
Ellie works in JD too, she's nice but we're not that close. We work together but that's about the only time I ever see her.
"hey el, how are you" I say back with little energy
"I'm good thanks what bout you"
"I'm greatttt, especially when I have to wake up early to work" I say sarcastically and she chuckles.
I put my bag behind the counter and get out a phat textbook.
Ellie: "jeez Melissa, could you be any more boring" she says jokily laughing at me.
Melissa: "I have Exams in four weeks and I need to revise desperately, besides it's so early we won't have customers for another hour or so." I was right, I must've got in at least half hour of revision before people began to actually come in.

I'm on page 246 of 680 pages And I need to remember this all. As I read on about cells and shit I hear footsteps approaching me. I am deep in this text book and don't even look up. The footsteps stopped beside me and I look up about to tell them to find Ellie in the shoe section when I see their face. It's a boy, he stares into my eyes as I look at him in awe. His golden brown hair swooped down over his face and huge smile made me suddenly feel happy too.
"Biology, eesh" the boy says looking at my work. "I hate science" he continues.
"Tell me about it, I don't get the point in learning about why things work" I say.
"OMG SAME" he replies. "It's like great it's there but I don't need to know why" he says and we both look at each other and laugh. We both sort of look at each other for a good 20 seconds until he breaks the silence by saying
"So hey, um do you think you could show me where the golf le fleurs are?" He says with a big smile.
"Sure, follow me" I say smiling back slightly. I don't know why my mood has suddenly lightened so much but I can't stop smiling. He's really cute.
I stop by a wall with converse style shoes on and say "we have arrived" and gesture towards them. He looks at the shoes as if he's in love, picking a few up and looking closer.
"If you need anything else, I'll be over here" I say and begin walking back to the counter. He quickly says
"Wai-wait I didn't get your name"
I smile at him. "Melissa"
"nice name. I'm Ruel" he says "thanks for the help." He smiles and I smile back as I walk away.

RUELS POV

She was nice. And there was something about her eyes that was.. idk mesmerising. BUT THESE SHOESSSS. I take a photo of the ones I like best and send it to coco, my sister, to see what she thinks. While I wait for a response I head back over to Melissa who's back at the counter looking down at that science text book. I walk over to her and say
Ruel: "Your a real nerd aren't you"
She reply's back with
Melissa: "Nooo, I just don't want to fail school and be stuck with a job like this for the rest of my life" she says laughing. She then says
Melissa: "Do you not need to revise, have you not got tests?"
Ruel: "Nah, I'm homeschooled."
Melissa: "Oh, why's that?"
I would tell her the truth, but things are actually going well and I don't know how she would take it if I told her I was a singer and I was on tour right now. So I just say.
Ruel: "I just travel around the place a lot, so I couldn't have a permanent school"
Which isn't a lie, it's just not the whole truth.
Melissa: "oh that's cool, you travel! I noticed you had a slight Australian accent."
Ruel: "yeah, I have lived in aus for most of my life. I come here, to England, quite a lot too since I have lots of family here."

MELISSA'S POV

We end up talking for the next like 20 minutes until my boss comes over and tells me to stop chatting and get on with putting the clothes on the shelves. I look over at ruel and roll my eyes
Melissa: "I should probably get to work or he's gonna get angry at me lol."
Ruel: "yeah, I don't want to get you into trouble haha"
It was awkward. I didn't know weather to say bye or wait in case he was gonna say something else but to break the silence I say.
Melissa: "okay, well bye." oh my god I shouldn't have said that. I look at him and smile, he giggles a bit at me and turns around and begins to walk out. As he gets closer to the door he turns back and slightly yells
Ruel: "good luck in your biology exam" and he waves and walks out looking at me through the window on the other side of the shop as he walks away.
Woah. He was beautiful. I wish I got his social media or something now, Will I ever see him again, will I ever see Ruel again.

———————————

Hope you enjoy xx