Chapter 26

(This shit gets sad SORRY)

— Skip to Saturday —

MELISSAS POV

So this is Ruel's last day here in London, he leaves first thing tomorrow, and I'm so upset. Every time I think about it I feel as if I'm about to burst into tears. I miss him when we're apart for 24 hours, how would I possibly cope spending months away from him.

So I've been properly thinking about what would be the best thing for the both of us and I think I've decided I should end things between us. That breaks my heart to say, more than you can imagine but I just know. It won't work. It would be crueler to the both of us to keep this going any longer.

Ruel's coming round in about half hour and I think we're going to go to a cafe or a park or something. I plan on telling him then. I just hope he understands why I'm doing this and doesn't think I ever lied about loving him because it will hurt more to know I've hurt him. I hope he can understand.

I go up to my room and start to get ready. I do light makeup, even though I know I will cry it all away later, and get dressed into something cute but casual.⬇️

Just as I finish up I hear a knock at the door

Just as I finish up I hear a knock at the door. I run down and open it, greeted by the warmest smile ever. His presence really makes me happy. He pulls me in for a hug and I hug back obviously, we stay like that for what must of been a whole minute until I pulled away and said
Melissa: "let's go and have fun, yeah? Not think about... tomorrow"
Ruel: "yeah course." He smiles "what we doing today?"
He says as I grab my bag and shut the door behind me.
Melissa: "I was thinking we go to my favourite park. And maybe grab something to eat too."
Ruel: "oooo that sounds nice" he says and locks his hand with mine.

I feel so guilty about everything. Should I hug him? Should I kiss him? Should I even hold hands with him? It's not like I'm not madly in love with him still, I just don't want to lead him on now that I have made up my mind about ending us.

Ruel: "did I tell you, you look beautiful today?"
He says looking into my eyes as we walk down the street.
Melissa: "thanks, ruel. you never fail to make me smile."
Ruel: "I love you. That's what I'm here for."
He laughs and I join in.

Eventually, after a train journey, we arrive at Hyde park. It's so beautiful here. On the journey we decided to grab some sandwiches and have a picnic at the park.

Although the park it pretty full up, we manage to find an empty space on the grass. We set down a blanket and I get the food out my bag and put it in the middle.

Ruel gets his phone out and starts to play some music. We enjoy ourselves and finish our food.

We've had a really good day so far but I think it's time to tell him.
I feel like I'm gonna be sick. Why am I doing this to myself.

Melissa: "ruel... I need to speak to you. like seriously for a minute."
Ruel clicks pause on the music and his tone changes totally
Ruel: "yeah. What's up?"
I don't make eye contact with him. It would hurt too much. I just stay looking at my hands.

Melissa: "I've been thinking and- I don't know how to- look. Ruel. This past month or so has been the best of my life. I am so grateful I met you and I will forever be grateful. You've done so much for me. And I love you..."

He's smiling at my words but I think he senses the 'but'.

"But because I love you so much I need to ensure you have what's best for you always...and I know I would be lying if I said it was with me."

His face sort of drops. Worry and fear fills his face.

Ruel: "waiiiit Melissa, what are you saying?"
He sounds like he might break down into tears.
I just look into him eyes. I place my hand on the side of his face and force a smile as a tear rolls down my cheek.

Melissa: "we cant be together, ruel"
I can not describe the pain I'm feeling right now. It's like I've just got my heart broken, which I have, but it was my doing. Not someone else.
Ruel took my hand from his cheek and locked our fingers together.

Ruel: "but- we can m-make this work lissa, it doesn't need to be like this."

Melissa: "ruel, TRUST ME I want to be with you more than the world. But because I love you, I care about you so so much and I know it will be crueler to both of us if we stay together. I'm sorry, please understand..."

By now tears are streaming down my face.
I think he's just lost for words.
Ruel: "but I would rather miss you like crazy but know your mine, than miss you like crazy and know we're not together."

I leaned closer to his face, now whispering a bit and I said
Melissa: "I've made up my mind ruel." I pause for a bit. Then continue to say
"please just never forget. I love you."

He's been fighting the tears this whole time but it's like me saying that just broke him. A single tear slid down his cheek.
Ruel also whispers in reply
Ruel: "let me love you one last time.. please."
"I wouldn't want to spend my last night any other way."

I smile at him through the pain and tears. The lump in my throat is making it hard to speak but I just nod.
Melissa: "I think it's what we both need. One. Last. Time."

He very softly and slowly places his lips against mine. Tears continue to stream down my cheeks, knowing this is the last night I will get to spend with ruel. Soon enough he will be someone else's. And forget all about me... and us.
-
-
Okay. SHIT GOT SAD. I didn't ever intend on doing this buuuuut since this story is pretty much flopping and I have no ideas I made it come to this kind of ending. (There's still one more chapter though)

...I did it on purpose though. Season 2 will be coming soon 😎