Chapter 18

RUELS POV

I step into the hotel room. I could hear the shower running and I noticed Melissa's phone was on the bed so she was definitely here.

Ruel: "Melissa, baby are you in here? Please let me explain." I get no answer.
The bathroom door was half open. I walked towards it and as I got closer I heard faint sobbing. Was she crying? "Melissa... Can I come in?" She sniffles and replies with
"Yes" in such a soft way I could tell she was hurt. I slowly push the door open to find her in the shower, she was stood there just letting the water soak her.

She is so Unbelievably beautiful.

Then I noticed her hands were shaking. Her eyes were all red and puffy. She couldn't of been that upset from our little fight.
Ruel: "Melissa, did something else happen?" I ask concerned.
She didn't answer but she softly nodded her head witch led to her to break down into tears again. "Hey, hey don't cry. Why don't you come out the shower and we can talk about it."
She turned so that she was further under the shower hinting she wasn't going to get out. I sighed and got undressed. She wasn't coming out, so I'm gonna have to go in. I slowly step into the shower behind her, she was still facing the opposite way.

I grab her hair and move it all to one side and begin to place kisses on her upper back to her neck. I put my hands on her waist to pull her closer but she squeals slightly as if I hurt her.
Ruel: "oh. What did I do"
I look down to see a nasty bruise on her upper hip. It looked like it was from recently.
Ruel: "how the hell did you do that"
I was about to laugh but I looked up, into her eyes and realised she was in pain. Not just physically. Mentally too. I couldn't tell apart her tears and the water splashing on her face.

I have a really bad feeling something terrible has happened. I haven't known Melissa for all that long but I definitely have never seen her this distraught before.

Ruel: "Melissa. What the hell happened tonight?"
She looks down at our feet. It was like she couldn't face telling me.
Melissa: "I wish you were there ruel"
Ruel: "please, tell me what happened. Did someone hurt you?"
She looks back up into my eyes and it's like her eyes spoke for her. She nodded almost shamefully.
Ruel: "who the fuck touched you I- I'll kill them."
She explained the whole situation to me and I am fuming. What she tells me makes me angry at the guy and at myself for not being there to help her. She is genuinely traumatised.

Ruel: "I'm gonna fucking find him"
I attempt to get out the shower but Melissa holds me back.
Melissa: "ruel please don't. The whole time that was happening I was wishing you were with me. I was so scared. Please don't leave me alone now. I just want to be with you.

I step closer to her and gently put my arms around her, giving her the biggest hug.
Ruel: "I'm sorry Melissa. I'm so sorry I wasn't there too. How about we get out the shower and get in our Pyjamas and watch a film in bed. Sound good?"
She looked up at me and nodded smiling weakly through the tears.
Melissa: "I don't know what I would do without you."

MELISSA'S POV

we got out the long shower and dried ourselves off and got in some comfy clothes and we are now laying in bed deciding what to watch. Ruel suggested a few films but he wanted me to pick whatever would make me happy.
Melissa: "oo, oo, how about captain America: civil war!!" I say in excitement."
He looked at me shocked but with the biggest smile.
Ruel: "I didn't know you liked marvel movies."
Melissa: "I looooove them"
We put the film on and I snuggle deep into ruels chest. He is very good at comforting me and somehow made me feel so much better. Something about just listening to his breathing made me feel really safe.

Before I knew it, I drift off to sleep.

I sit up in a rush, after waking up from a horrible dream. It must of been the middle of the night since it was pitch black outside and fuel was fast asleep. I was breathing very heavily. I kick the covers off me cause I'm really hot all of a sudden. I pretty much re lived last night and it was awful to be put through that all again. I get up and go to the bathroom and splash some cold water on my face since I was so hot. When I got back in bed, ruel rolled over to face me. I had woken him up.
Ruel: "why are you awake, it's like 4am"
I snuggle close to him and felt his hands find there way around me holding me tight.
Melissa: "bad dream" I kiss him on the cheek and place my head on the pillow, just staring at his sleepy face.
Ruel: "come on, go back to sleep. It's okay I'm here now and I will never let anything bad happen to you again."

I smile to myself. I'm so lucky to have him.

Melissa: "hey ruel?" I say as I have something I need to get off my chest.
Ruel: "yeah" he says in a very sleepy voice.
Melissa: "I- I'm really sorry about how I acted earlier. Whatever the 'secret' is that your not telling me, it's fine and I trust you to know it's nothing like what I was imaging."
Ruel: "Melissa, you have nothing to apologise for, I understand how it looked. I'm sorry, but I promise you will find out very soon, and it will be worth the wait." He says winking at me.

"I love you, Melissa"

He just told me he loved me. He really loves me.

"I love you too, ruel"

I had a huge smile plastered on my face. And with that we both fall asleep again. I couldn't ask for a better person to be with and to be in love with. I am so lucky.
-
-
-
-
I wanted to write a happy one/ few since the last couple have been sad and drama filled.

12 days till I see Ruel. and I oop.