Chapter 5

MELISSA'S POV

What is ruel doing here, why is he at my school and why has he just come into my lesson. I am so confused.
ruel: "what the fuck do you think your doing, touching Melissa like that"
Melissa: "RUEL WHA-"
Teacher: "KIDS. GET OFF EACHOTHER RIGHT NOW"
Ruel : "I'm not done with you" He says then let's go if him and walks towards me
"Are you okay" he said really worried and suddenly becoming a totally different person. I was in shock I didn't know what just happened or what to say. The lesson was over anyway but ruel took my hand and lead me out the class.
Melissa: "can I have an explanation as to why your here. At my school?" I was kind of annoyed at him because he had just done that in front of my whole class and I will probably get in trouble.
Ruel: "you deserve an explanation?! That boy just kissed you! Who is he, why did he do that, do you two have a-"
Melissa: "ruel" I say and I grab his hand.
"He's an asshole that hits on every girl. I do not like him. And I'm sorry for snapping I'm really happy to see you" I hug him tightly. We are stood in the middle of a corridor and people are walking past but I don't care. I want to hug him forever.
Melissa: "hey, but why are you here though?" She says laughing.

RUELS POV

Oh no. I have to tell her. This is gonna break my heart.
Ruel: "I'll explain later, I wanna take you somewhere."
Melissa: "Ruel I'm at school I can't just leave."
Ruel: "pleaseeeee, just for me..."
Melissa: "for fucks sake. Fine. But if I get in trouble I'm gonna hurt you" She says laughing and we walk towards a fire exit and as no ones looking we run out it and out to the carpark to where I parked the car. We get in and quickly drive out the school grounds.
Melissa: "so where are you taking me?"
Ruel: "I was thinking we go get something to eat first. What do you fancy?"
Melissa: "oooo, I'm really in the mood for sushi"
Ruel: "I was thinking like McDonald's but I love sushi!!"
We get to a Japanese restaurants for sit in a small booth. We are both looking at the menu and I know it's time to tell her about tour and... being famous.
Ruel: "Melissa. There's um- there's something I need to talk to you about. I don't know how your gonna take it but please please let me explain everything first before you say anything, okay?" I say looking at her with worry in my eye. I can tell she is suddenly feeling really anxious because her face dropped when I said that. She put down the menu and was looking straight at me.
Melissa: "I'm listening..."
Ruel: "well I- yesterday, when I hung out with you. I had the best time. and I had such a good time that I sort of forgot about my life..."
she looks like she's gonna be sick.

*melissas pov* I suddenly feel a pit in my stomach and I don't want to eat anymore. He's gonna tell me he has a girlfriend, And he forgot about her yesterday. All my feelings mean nothing. I feel a lump in my throat.

*Ruels pov* she looks so concerned.
Melissa: "ruel what is it. Just spit it out."
It's not that easy though, I don't know how to say it.
Ruel: "I'm a singer."
Her face becomes less worried and more confused.
Melissa: "your a singer..." she looks at me confused but curious.
"This was the terrible news that you got me all worried about?"
Ruel: "well it was a part of it. I just haven't told you the bad bit yet." I say still as down as I was before because I know this means we can't be together. "The reason I am in London right now is because, I am on tour. That means I can't stay."
It was like all the stress taken off her shoulders was dropped back on her again. She suddenly looked empty.
Ruel: "I am so sorry. I wish it wasn't like this." She looks at her hands that are in her lap fiddleing with her rings.
Melissa: "when do you leave." She says quietly and softly.
Ruel: "tomorrow morning."
We sit in silence for a few minutes and I just gaze at her, taking in what I have while I have it. I decide to go round to her side of the booth and sit next to her and place my hand on her cheek, gently pulling her face towards mine. Her eyes are beginning to tear up. We look at each other for like 30 seconds. She is so beautiful. I wanted to kiss her but I thought it was too soon and eventually the silence is broken when a waiter comes over and says
Waiter: "good afternoon, are you guys ready to order!"
We both look at her thinking what the hell but we decide to order and try and make the most of being together while we can.
I try to cheer up the mood a bit so I change the subject.
Ruel: "how was school?"
Melissa: "it was alright. Boring as usual" she said sniffling a bit. "So you said you have a show tonight?"
Ruel: "yeah. Yeah. I was gonna bring you there and surprise you but the secrets out now so..." I says smiling
Melissa: "wait. I can come?"
Ruel: "of course you can come! If you want to..."
Melissa: "ye- yes yes! That will be so much fun." She says and she begins to look happier. That makes me happy.
"So you like.. have fans?" She says curiously.
Ruel: "uh yeah I guess haha"
Melissa: "I can't wait to hear you sing" right now, right in this moment. I am happy. And it's all going to change after tonight, weather it's because of me touring or because the whole 'fame' thing pushes her away.