Chapter 9

MELISSA'S POV

I wake up and I can't be bothered to go to school but it's bearable because it's my last day and I'm going to see ruel tonight. I check my phone before getting up and have a snapchat from ruel (swipe) from last night replying back to my one.
I look at it and smile for a bit then decide to have a shower and get dressed. I do my hair and makeup and then head down to the kitchen where my brother was making toast.
Jacob: "hey looser, I heard your going on a little trip with your boyfriend"
Melissa: "how do you know about that. and he's not my boyfriend"
Jacob: "yeah he better not be"
Mum: "alright Jacob, thats enough. Melissa can date who she wants."
Melissa: "mum we're not even dating"
She looks at me as if I thought she was stupid. She could tell I liked him but I didn't want to admit it. I take half of Jacobs toast and run to the door before he could catch me. I grab my bag and head out the door.
Jacob: "HEY! MELIS-"
Melissa: "bye guys love youuu" I cut him off then shit the door and walk down the road to meet Brooke at the bottom of my road to walk together. As I get closer to her she says to me
Brooke: "oh my god"
I look at her puzzled and kinda concerned that I did something wrong.
Melissa: "whaaat..."
Brooke: "y-y-your dating R-RUEL"
Melissa: "I'm we're not dating but why do you seem so shocked?" I say laughing
Brooke: "I LOVE his music and he is really good looking, can't lie"
I laugh at her obsessing a little
Melissa: "trueee... haha"
Brooke: "it was so sweet what he did for you in class yesterday, when he beat up that guy for touching you."
Oh shit. I forgot about that. What will happen. A bunch of people are gonna be asking me what happened and am I gonna get in trouble AND the whole school is gonna know I know Ruel. Oh noooo.

RUELS POV
Today I have a chill day and I dont have to do anything until we leave tonight so I sleep in until about 11. That was such a good sleep. I go on my phone for a bit scrolling through my Instagram and stuff until I decide I should start packing my stuff. I begin to fill my suitcases with the clothes that I took out over the past few days of being in London. It didn't take long though because most of my clothes, I just left in the suitcases. After I am mostly finished I call room service and try to order some breakfast but because I slept in so much they said they had already finished serving it so I get a sandwich instead. I turn on the tv, all the shows was so English till I came across Disney channel. YESS I LOVE THIS.
I sat there and watched Disney channel for probably an hour, eating my breakfast/ lunch until I get a text from Nate saying we will need to leave at 6 so I should probably go and get Melissa at about 4:30/5. I text her and tell her that's the time I would get her and she said okay but she hadn't even packed yet and was asking me loads of questions about what to bring. I could tell she was quite stressed. I understand though, she's never done something like touring before so I get it. I tell her to just pack a bunch of clothes and stuff you would usually take on a normal holiday and I told her not to worry, I will see her soon.

MELISSA'S POV

school was almost over, I was in my last lesson now. I was so happy, today was hell. I was harassed by all of Ethan, the boy Ruel beat up's, friends and I must of had half the school asking me questions about Ruel. The ones that weren't asking me about him, were whispering to each other as I walked past. To be honest it did it really bother me that much, stuff like that doesn't really. I couldn't care less what other people think of me.
*BING* *BING*
That's the bell !
I get up and run out the class I head straight home and when I get home I go upstairs to pack straight away since I don't have much time. About an hour later and half my wardrobe emptied into a suitcase. I'm ready. I decide to touch up my makeup a bit so I look good when I see ruel. He seems to be the person I care what they think of me. When I think I look half decent I change into some leggings and a hoodie so I was comfy and then I get a text from Ruel saying he was 10 mins away. I was sooooo excited at this point. I go downstairs and spend a few minutes chatting to my mum since I'm not gonna see her in a few weeks. She gives me a little lecture about being safe and not being stupid but tells me to have fun. The doorbell rings. That's probably Ruel. I jump up to answer it but before I can, Jacob does.
Jacob: "ugh, I thought it was my food"
Melissa: "rueeeeel" I say excitedly but trying not to seem too excited.
He comes in and gives me a big hug.
He takes my suitcase to the car and I hug my mum and say bye to her one last time till leaving and getting in Ruels car.
Ruel: "are you excitedddd?"
Melissa: "hell yeah!!"
The whole journey we talk about loads and then we get back to the hotel to pick up Nate and Chelsea. Me and Ruel change and sit in the back seats and Nate and Chelsea sit in the front. The journey to the airport didn't take long since their hotel was pretty close by and when we got there there must of been hundreds of people waiting outside the airport and as we walked up closer. They began screaming. I was unsure weather it was for him or not because I didn't know people were this crazy about him. He looked over at me and say I looked kinda worried. He grabbed my hand and said
Ruel: "it's okay, don't be worried" he said reassuring me.
Melissa: "that's a shit ton of people ruel"
Ruel: "what can I say" he says laughing and I laugh too. He stops and takes photos with a few of them. I can't help but feel for if jealous watching him hag all these girls but I think about where I am going right now and I stop thinking about it. We check in and do all that stuff and then get to our gate. It boards in like 15 mins so we try find seats. There was only two, Nate sat in one and rusk day in the other I go to sit in the floor and Ruel fake coughs, I look up at him and he says to me
Ruel: "come sit here" I'm not very good at catching on and say
Melissa: "where? there's no seats..."
He just looks at me and smiles and the pats his lap. I feel a swarm of butterflies in my stomach. Shit he's so hot.
Ruel: "come one just sit on my lap. I want a cuddle" he says giving me puppy dog eyes. I smile back and him and then give in and sit on him leaning into his chest. His arms were wrapped round me and we both went on our phones.
Ruel: "shit" I look up at him.
Melissa: "what ruel..."
Ruel: "All my fans took photos of us holding hands and they are all asking who you are."
Melissa: "what if they hate me."
Ruel: "how could they hate you, he says pulling me back down into a hug.
Melissa: "maybe cause I'm a random girl that's with the boy their all in love with."
He laughs at my comment and then it is announced that the flight is boarding.

We all hop up and then head over to the bit where you hand you go onto the plane. I noticed I was the only one with an English passport haha. Ruel laughs at my passport photo and then I see his and laugh even more.
Ruel: "stop bullying me "
Melissa: "stop bullying me dickhead" I say and laugh. He puts his arm around my waist as we walk towards the plane.  Chelsea and Nate are sat together a few rows in front of us so me and ruel leave them to find our seats. As we walk through the isle I glance at a boy, around our age, staring at me and when I look over he smiles at me slightly. Turns out our seats were the same row, the only thing separating them was the isle. I think Ruel noticed he was looking me me because he made me sit the seat furthest away from him. The flight begins to take off and I was quite nervous because I hadn't been on a plane in over 5 years. My parents don't often go on holidays. I didn't want to tell ruel but like always he could sense I was nervous. I felt his hand grab mine and I look over at him and he smiles a big smile and said
Ruel: "I am so happy you came."
I don't say anything. I just put my head in his shoulder and I think I fell asleep. It must have been about half hour later I woke up cause ruel was getting up.
Ruel: "sorry! I tried not to wake you. I'm just going to the toilet"
Melissa: "that's okay" He laughs at how sleepy I was. I get out my phone and go onto Netflix to watch something u downloaded. I feel someone sit in the chair next to me.
Melissa: "you were quick woah" I go to lean on their shoulder but I realise it wasn't ruel and pull my head away straight away.