Chapter 6

RUELS POV

We finished our sushi and headed back to the car to go to the venue that my shows at. Melissa told me she was looking forward to it but I could tell she was upset. I couldn't stop looking at her. the whole journey I find myself glancing over at her constantly. The Sun was beginning to set and the golden light on her skin was so beautiful. I really think I like this girl, and tomorrow I'm leaving her. I keep thinking to myself that there has to be a way to stay with her, at least for a bit.

The whole journey was mostly silence. It wasn't awkward though. We were both just so caught up in our thoughts. Suddenly she breaks the silence and says so out of nowhere
Melissa: "what if I come?"
What she says takes me by surprise and I stumble on my words
Ruel: "uh, wha- what do you mean Melissa?"
Melissa: "what if I come ruel. With you. On tour. I thought about it for a bit before answering and at first it seemed like the best idea but the more I thought about it the more I realised it wouldn't be good for her. I want to be with her every day obviously but i want what's best for her and I know if she came she would probably get hurt. I don't want it to be too much too soon and scare her off and I don't know what my friends will think. I stayed silent.
Melissa: "Ruel...?" She says softly
Ruel: "Melissa, look it's not that easy. Believe me I wish it was but you don't understand how much this will change your life. You have so much here and if you come it will probably never be the same."
She said nothing.
"Look I love my fans, obviously, but fame ruins your life. You will never get privacy again and you won't be able to do the little things like go to the local shop without being stopped and I don't want to be responsible for making your life that way." I started to tear up.
Melissa: "hey, hey. Don't get upset. I understand what your saying but listen to me. As long as I'm with you, I will be the happiest girl alive. I want this ruel."
She puts her hand on top of mine on the gear stick and I decide to pull over so I can sort myself out. I wipe away the tears and look at her. She is so beautiful oh my god. The way her eyes twinkle and her beautiful big smile instantly makes me happier.
Ruel: "I like you, Mellisa" I say and grin slightly, she looks back at me with a look painted on her face that I've never seen before and I love it.
Melissa: "I like you too, ruel" she says and leans towards me. Her lips hover over mine for a few seconds teasing me until I pull my face closer and we kissed, at first it was soft but then it became passionate. As we separate to catch our breath she climbs onto my lap facing me and looks at me in the eyes smiling loads. My hands held her around her waist and I put a piece of hair behind her ear and start kissing her neck. I hear as her breath becomes heavier and I look back up at her and she kisses my lips with her hands on the back of my head. We keep kissing until we are interrupted by my phone buzzing. It was Nate. I answer it and slightly panting, out of breath I say
Ruel: "hey Nate, what's u-"
Nate: "RUEL WHERE ARE YOU WE'RE MEANT TO BE STARTING IN 7 MINUTES, YOU HAVENT EVEN WARMED UP!!"
Oh my god I just realised the time. The concert. Nooo way.
Ruel: "oh shit, I'm so sorry I'm on my way now, I will be 2 minutes I promise"
Nate: "ok ok hurry up!"
Melissa jumps off my lap and into her seat and I quickly drive off. It's kinda awkward because we were getting really into it and we just had to stop but I say
Ruel: "hey, that was fun" I look over at her and smile cheekily. She grins back at me and says
Melissa: "we'll have to finish off another time, huh?"
God I want her. All of her.

MELISSA'S POV

That. Was. Fucking. Amazing. I just kissed him and I could tell he was turned on lmao he's so hot. I'm excited for the show now and I hope I didn't make him too late!
We get there and pull up and run out the car and into the venue where we quickly run into his changing room to be greeted by a girl and a guy. The guy says
?: "ruel thank god your here, who's this" he says smiling at me but slightly confused.
Ruel: "oh, this is Melissa. She's my... um. I thought she would wanna come." Hahahahah he didn't know what to call me. Clearly he thinks of us as more than friends.
?: "hey Melissa, I'm Nate, Ruels manager and this is Chelsea, my girlfriend and ruels vocal coach and backing singer haha" he said pointing at the girl in the room.
Chelsea: "hi nice to meet you, I love your hair!!" I like her already.
Melissa: "omg thank you I love your makeup woah"
Ruel: "okay okay you guys can chat later, I'm on in 1 minute"
Ruel quickly does a couple of voice exercises and changes his shirt and jacket while getting wires up by a technician guy.
Nate: "okay ruel, are you ready"
Ruel: "of courseee" he says excitedly
He looks at me and smiles hugely and hugs me and says
Ruel: "thank you for coming. I hope you enjoy it hehe" he follows Nate down the corridor and I follow behind. As we get closer I hear hundreds of voices chanting
"RUEL, RUEL, RUEL, RUEL, RUEL".
This is crazy. Hundreds of people are here to see him, it seems so surreal. Chelsea was walking behind me and taps me on the shoulder and asks
Chelsea: "so whats up with you and Ruel, are you friends or more...?"
Melissa: "I'm not really sure, I think we're just friends right now."
Chelsea: "oh do you know him through kylie?"
Melissa: "oh uh no, wh-who's that..."
Chelsea: "oh you don't know about her? They weren't dating but they had a thing for months. It was still going on a few weeks ago. I'm sure he's still going to see her in France."
Oh my god. I suddenly feel a pit in my stomach and emotions are filling up inside me. Am I been played right now? I should of known better, he's famous, he could have anyone. What makes me special. I can't believe I fell for his trap. I really thought he liked me.