Chapter 22

Ruel was performing his second to last song, Don't tell me, and I was watching from the wings of the stage. I had a smile plastered on my face. Just as he finished the song he looked over to me and smiled in a different way. A way I hadn't seen before. He looked back at the audience and brought the mic up to his mouth. He began saying.
Ruel: "you know, there is something I haven't told you guys yet. I was worried about how some of your responses would be... so I decided to conceal it for quite a bit."
I wasn't sure what he was doing. The crowd was screaming and going crazy.
"Not too long ago, I met someone that I didn't know I needed as much I do. Anything that upsets me or scares me or worry's me. She is there. And she always knows what to say that makes me feel better."
What is he doing. He said he didn't want people to know about us. The things he was saying melted my heart. I was feeling myself tear up. He looked over to me with the biggest smile and continued saying.
"To cut a long story short. I would like you to meet someone."
He held his hand out towards me, gesturing me to come to him. My heart was beating loads , I wasn't sure we were making the right decision. What if they all hate me. I didn't walk out to him. I just froze up.
He walked towards me laughing and grabbed my hand and tried to pull me out with him. I held him back and said
Melissa: "wAIT RUEL"
Ruel: "yeah, wha-what's wrong?" He put his arms round me and sounded worried.
Melissa: "are you sure this is what you want. You can't take it back after I come out."
Ruel: "Melissa. Of course it's what I want. I just want to show everyone what's mine."
I smiled and a red tint filled my cheeks. I nodded and he pulled me into the stage. He looked so so happy it was so cute.
"So, everyone, this is Melissa." He paused and looked at me.
"My beautiful girlfriend"
The crowd was going mental. Everyone was screaming. Almost everyone had their phones out and were recording us. It was intimidating.
All ruels focus was on me, not the crowd.
Ruel: "I am so madly in love with you Melissa."
Melissa: "I love you more than you know"
It was as if we were alone, in our own little universe. He smiled sweetly at me and lent down, kissing me so passionately. I could feel the pure emotion in it. It lasted way longer than I expected. I pulled away from the kiss and giggled. I seemed to snap back to reality and realise the amount of people we just did that infront of.
He kept his arm placed round my waist, holding a tight grip but looked out to the audience and yelled.
Ruel: "THANK YOU SO MUCH SWEDEN, YOU GUYS WERE AMAZING. SEE YOU ALL SOON!!"
He looked so happy, it made me smile uncontrollably. He walked off the stage, his arm still wrapped around me as if he would never let go. We were greeted by Nate and later on by the rest of the team all congratulating us on announcing our relationship.

We sat in the green room, backstage and I went to pick up my phone but I was so nervous. What kind of reactions will I be getting. I take a deep breath and open Instagram. It was going crazy. I had been tagged in hundreds of things already and had hundreds of dms and gained thousands of followers in a matter of like half an hour.

Ruel looked over at my phone and said
Ruel: "try not to read them, okay. I doubt they will be negative but some people are just nasty. Don't let what they have to say get to you. I love you and that's all that matters." I snuggle into his chest, happy about what he did today but realising that means it's all over. We are going home tomorrow. What am I going to do.

-
-

Sorry it's shorter than they usually are but I genuinely don't know where to go with this story, should I continue it? If you have any ideas please let me know ♡