Chapter 19

RUELS POV

I gradually wake up from the light seaping in the room, slowly remembering yesterday's events. I look over at Melissa and see her hand in proper light for the first time, it is very bruised and swollen, it looks horrible. I wonder around looking for my phone for a while until I find it in a coat pocket. It's got 4% so I put it on charge and I find Melissa's and put hers on charge too. I get back in bed and just layed there lost in thought. I can't help but feel so guilty for not being there for Melissa when that happened. Now I'm going to do everything I can to protect her.

It's 10:20 and she's still sleeping. Damn. I don't have any shows today, and since yesterday wasn't the best. I decide I'm going to take Melissa to an amusement park today. I know she loves them and so do I.

My hands find her waist and wrap around her in attempt to wake her up nicely. She makes a 'let me sleep' groan but I just hold her tighter. She finally rolls over to face me but just snuggles into my chest with her eyes still closed.
Ruel: "hey, lissa. I'm gonna take you somewhere fun today." That makes her look up. Her eyes struggling to open.
Melissa: "wha- where"
Ruel: "that's a surprise" that made her excited and she was more awake now.
"We will leave at like 11:00 so get ready."

She rushed off into the bathroom. It makes me happy to see her happy. It feels like it's been so long since I saw that smile.

I found a theme park about a half hour drive from here so I planned to go there. I got out of bed and got dressed into some jeans and a black Adidas hoodie and black converse. Since girls always take way longer, I just sat on my phone while I waited till Melissa was ready.

MELISSAS POV

Ruel keeps bugging me to hurry up cause we were meant to leave ten minutes ago. Eventually I am ready to go.
My outfit:

When I walked out the bathroom, finally ready, I caught ruel staring at me

Melissa: "what" I say laughing
Ruel: "your- so gorgeous."
I blushed shyly but smiling a lot and said
Melissa: "shut up, let's go already" trying to change the subject.

RUELS POV

Eventually our Uber came and we headed out the hotel room grabbing everything we need. I texted Nate letting him know what our plans were for today and just telling him that something had happened to Melissa and she needed cheering up.

Melissa slipped down the corridor of the hotel room excitedly. I couldn't stop smiling. Yesterday was so hard seeing her so upset. I'm happy her mood has lightened today.

After a while in the Uber, we arrived at the amusement park. It looked so sick. You could literally hear screaming from the car park. We got to the entrance and bought our tickets. I had to argue with Melissa for a bit to let me pay for her but she finally gave in. As we were entering the park she looked over to me and just threw her arms around my neck. I stepped back a few times as it was a surprise. She just hugged me so tightly. It was so nice. When she pulled away I asked
Ruel: "what was that for"
Melissa: "for being the sweetest most understanding person ev- BOYFRIEND ever!
There's no one I'd rather spend the day with than you"
I felt like I was going to cry. She really appreciated me. Making her happy made me happy.
Ruel: "I love you Melissa, I want you to have the best day today, okay?"
She just smiled widely at me and wriggled out of my grip running towards the rides. She held my wrist dragging me with closely behind her.

We spent the majority of the day going on tons of rides and just having the best time. We took a break for a bit to get some lunch. We went to a food truck since it was one of the only places that sold actual food in the whole park.
We both got burgers and found a spot on the grass that we went and sat on to eat. We were mid conversation when I heard someone yell
"RUEL!" From somewhere in the distance.
We both looked around presuming it was a fan but still being cautious. I then locked eyes with two girls walking quickly towards us both with their phones in their hands clearly filming us but trying to be discreet. They looked around 14 and like typical fan girls.

Girls: "CAN WE PLEASE GET A PHOTO"
Of course, being the sweet boy he is, ruel said yeah and got up and hugged them both before asking me to take the photo. I took a few trying not to let jealousy get the better of me but I just couldn't help it.
Girls: "I LITERALLY LOVE YOU, YOUR SO TALENTED"
He giggled looking over at me standing there slightly awkwardly.
Ruel: "thank you, it was nice to meet you!"
He bargain walking back over to me when one of them said
Girls: "is she your girlfriend?" In a less excited tone than before.
Ruel just looked at them and didn't say anything. He looked at me as if he didn't know what to say and then looked back at them and said
Ruel: "nope, just a friend"
They laughed, back in the excited manor they were in before. They then walked off in the opposite direction. Ruel turned back to me and
My mouth just dropped. I couldn't believe he just denied us dating. Is he embarrassed of me or is he sleeping with someone else and he doesn't want them to find out or-
Ruel: "why that face?"
Melissa: "are you actually asking me that?"
I just stood there with my arms crossed. He clearly realised what I was thinking.
Ruel: "I thought it was the better thing to do. This way you won't get hate or anything and we can continue to just be in secret. I like it like that."
I get what he's saying I guess I just didn't expect him to lie to his fans about me.
Ruel: "hey, I'm sorry, I will tell my fans if u want me too. Let's just enjoy today and not think about this for now, yeah?"
I smiled and nodded. I'm not gonna let this ruin our day.
-
-
-
-
OKAY I JUST WANNA SAY, I FINISHED THIS CHAPTER AND UPLOADED IT LIKE A WEEK AGO AND WHEN I CAME BACK TO WRITE A NEW ONE IT WAS HALF GONE WHAT THE HELL.
so here's the rest I guess

ALSO I SAW RUEL AND HE IS 10X MORE GORGEOUS IN PERSON OKAY BYE.