Chapter 4

MELISSA'S POV

I meet my friend, Brooke at the bottom of my road and we walk to school together. She noticed I'm more cheery than usual, it was especially wired because we have an exam today.
Brooke: "what's up with you. You seem... happy" she says laughing but still curious.
Melissa: "wellllll I may or may not have met a... boy."
Brooke: "no way, tell me about him!!"
I tell her EVERYTHING and she says she's happy for me but tells me to watch out and not let myself get hurt.

We get to school and almost straight away we have to head into the exam room. I was so nervous especially since all I could think about was Ruel, but I done a lot of revision for this, I'm sure I'll be fine. I manage to focus on the exam and stop thinking about ruel for about 2 hours.
When we got out the hall I was so relieved. That was my only exam this week which means I can be excited for the weekend now.

It about 11am now and We are allowed a 20 min break after the exam to chill out a bit and I go on my phone and see I have a snapchat from Ruel from 20 mins ago. (Swipe). Awh he's so cute, I send one back of myself and told him about the exam and how I think it went well. He replied saying
Ruel: "oh that's great! Hey, I'll talk later, Ive got this thing for the next hour or so and I won't be able to text you. Can't wait to see you!!"
Melissa: "oh okay, can't wait to see you too!"
A few things cross my mind, like is he with another girl. But I tell myself I can't worry because he isn't my boyfriend and I don't think about it.

RUELS POV

I arrived at the venue for sound check and as I get out the car there are already a few hundred people at the venue screaming and changing my name. I can't believe I haven't told Melissa about all this, I'm lying to her. She doesn't deserve that. I take photos with a few people then rush inside and we started when Chelsea arrived. Chelsea is my managers girlfriend but also my vocal coach. She is amazing at singing and she is the one person in the team I think I can really talk to about personal things. She notices how distracted I was the whole time and after we finished up she cane over to me and asked me what was up. I ended up explaining everything to her and she said she was excited to meet Melissa. I think they will get on.
It's about 1:00pm now so I decide to head down to Jemma's school.
Ruel: "Hey nateeeee?"
Nate: "what ruel..."
Ruel: "can I pleaseee borrow your car for a few hours... I will bring it back by 5!"
Nate: "...ugh go one then but don't damage it!"
YES. I grab the Keys and go out through the back entrance to Nate's car secretly without anyone noticing. I message Melissa and ask her what she's up to just so I can get an idea of where she is.
Ruel:" hey, what you doing?"
About 5 mins later I get a reply.
Melissa: "in History right now, about to go to maths :("
I can't wait to see her and cheer her up.

About 50 mins later I arrive. I hope I'm at the right place. I park in the school car parking and walk up to the front entrance. What am I doing. They won't just let me in. The lady at the front desk says to me
?: "hello, can you sign in please."
I didn't know what to say. Maybe this could be my way in...
Ruel: "uhh yeah..."
She hands me a piece of paper that has been half filled out with names and 'reason for lateness'. She talks to someone on the other side of the desk so I pretend to write something but I don't actually write anything and then when she wasn't looking I just quickly headed to the doors leading into the corridors.
I have NO clue where I'm going but I have to find maths. There are a few signs around the school and I follow them but they weren't much use. After about 15 mins I stumble across a maths corridor so I head down it looking in every classroom to try and spot Melissa. I can't see her anywhere. Until I look in one class, near the end of the corridor. There's a girl in there that looks like her but they're hugging this boy. No, that can't be her, she wouldn't.. they pull out the hug and it is her. I can see her face, her beautiful smile. But shes smiling for another boy and I can't help but fill with jealousy. Technically I can't be angry because we aren't 'a thing' but I thought she might like me. Suddenly the boy starts touching her leg and I can see the uncomfortable smile on her face. She doesn't want it, but she doesn't know what to do. He tucks her hair behind her ear and is leaning towards her and she is nudging him away but he's still bothering her. I start to get really angry. I wanna beat the shit out of him. He is still getting closer to her and his lips meet hers. The second I saw that I burst into the classroom and went straight over to the boy and threw him against the wall.