Chapter 7

MELISSA'S POV

I have so many emotions right now. I was catching feelings for him and he told me he was too. I was so stupid to think this could've actually happened. Should I just leave.
Chelsea: "are you alright, Melissa?" I feel my eyes stinging as they begin to water.
Melissa: "...no" I say softly
Chelsea: "hey, hey, hey what's up. You can talk to me"
Melissa: "it's just. Ruel and I, I thought we had something. He told me he liked me and... we kissed but now I just think it was all a lie" I have a pain in my chest and a throbbing headache.
Chelsea: "oh shit. I- I didnt know Melissa I'm so -"
Melissa: "don't apologise Chelsea! I'm so happy you told me so I can stop this before I get really hurt." I say even though I am already pretty hurt.
Chelsea: "Melissa look. I know what you must be thinking right now. But I have known ruel for a very long time and it is very unlike him to do something like that to someone so I think before you run away and never speak to him again, you should give him a chance to explain. Because what do I know, they might be well broken up!" She is very caring and sweet and I am so pissed off at him right now but she's right. I should have a bit of trust in him and at least let him explain before ending what could be great. We finally get to the wing of the stage and Chelsea hugs me and says
Chelsea: "try not to think about it. Okay. Try enjoy the show and Talk to him later"
I smile at her and she walks towards the stage getting ready to go on. I see Ruel and Nate whispering to eachother about something and I can't help but tear up just looking at him. I really like him and I'm so scared this will all be true.

RUELS POV

The backing track for golden years begins to play and I turn around to look for Melissa to wave at her and see her beautiful face before I go on. I can't see her anywhere until I get a glance of what looks like her sitting down and wiping her eyes. Is Melissa crying. Is she okay. What happened. Who hurt her, I will kill them. I go to go over to her but Nate grabs my arm and says Ruel what are you doing your but is about to come in. I look back at her. She's looking at the floor. My que comes and I decide to go on stage because the show was already delayed from me being late. The whole show I worry about her and what could of happened to make her that upset.

MELISSA'S POV

I sit there thinking to myself. Should I just leave. It will probably save me a lot of pain to come. But I think about it and that means I probably won't see him for months since he's leaving England tomorrow and I planned to go with him if Nate okayed it. I just sat there and listened to his beautiful voice. It was the first time hearing his voice ever and I fell in love no matter what was going through my head. The stage wasn't visible from where I was so I get up and walk closer to the side. I see him jumping around and dancing to the music. I am in awe of him and just watching him gives me butterflies. I like him and I don't want to leave him. My phone rings and it was my mum SHIT I HAVENT TOLD HER WHERE I WAS. I answer
Melissa: "hey mum..."
Mum: "Melissa, Where are you? it's late!"
Melissa: "I know, I'm so sorry. I lost track of time but I'm just at a friends house I will be home in about an hour. I love you"
Mum: "okay honey, I love you. See you soon okay!"
I turn back towards the stage and see Ruel looking in my direction. He glances at me adjusting his earpiece and a huge smile grows on his face. I try to smile back but I just burst into more tears because I can't stop thinking about 'kylie'." He saw me start crying and suddenly his smile disappears and worry fills his eyes. He has one song left. It's called say. Obviously I have never heard his music before this but this song made me an emotional wreck because he kept looking at me singing the lyrics and it worked so perfectly with the situation.
Ruel: "wish I knew what your thinking"
He looked at me and it was as if I would see the heart break in his eyes.
He then starts to sing
Ruel: "it's easier to run away, run away, run away than to know what to say."
That makes me think, should I just leave? It will be easier that way. The end of the song approaches and I turn around and grab my coat and run down the coridoor the way we care in. I tried to find the dressing room but I can't find it anywhere. My purse was in there and I needed that. I speed walk down the different corridors for a few minutes, getting no where until I hear a voice behind me
Ruel: "Melissa, please Melissa." It was ruel. I stop walking and my eyes begin to water. I carry on walking and looking for the dressing room pretending I don't know he's there.
Ruel: "Melissa!" I ignore him.
"Melissa, Chelsea told me what happened."
I stop. He knows.
Ruel: "let me explain Melissa, please. It's not what you think I promise."
I slowly turn around and my face falls into my hands and I burst into tears. He runs towards me and throws his arms around me. We hug for a while then I pull out of the hug and look up at him. He tries to put his hands round my waist but I step back, not letting him.
Melissa: "I think I should go.."
Ruel: "no, no let me explain."
I look up at him gesturing him to talk
Ruel: "She is the daughter of my dad best friend and we met because she was a big fan but she was cool you know so we became good friends and we have been ever since."
I look at the floor and even though he explained himself I still feel so sad.
He puts his hand gently on my face and pulls it up to look at him.
"And that's all it ever was. Friends. I promise Melissa. Chelsea just miss understood." He wipes a tear rolling down my cheek and embraces me in a hug. He whispers in my ear
Ruel: "besides, she has nothing on you anyway. Your gorgeous!" He looks at me and smiles and his little smile instantly makes me smile. I feel so stupid and I feel like i acted to weird about it.
Melissa: "I'm so sorry, ruel. I should have had more trust in you. It was just coming from Chelsea and I didn't think she would lie about something like that. I'm sorry"
Ruel: "stop being sorry. You know, You could meet her, kylie, if you still want to come on the rest of the tour with me." He says laughing. I start laughing too.
Melissa: "what time do you go?"
Ruel: "we will need to leave at like 5pm."
Melissa: "and when's the end of this tour?"
Ruel: "it ends in 2 weeks, the last shows in the Netherlands."
spring break starts on Friday this week so I will only be missing Wednesday and Thursday of school and then it's the holidays.
Melissa: "I'll have to ask my mum and see what she says"
Ruel: "okay. Fingers crossed!"
I smile subtly and he pulls me in for a hug one more time and this time he picks me up and spins me around in his arms as if it took no effort at all. I giggle and he looks me in the eyes and says
Ruel: "I really like you, Melissa. Genuinely. I really hope you can come on this tour with me."
Melissa: "I hope I can too, ruelio" I say.
Ruel: "Ruelio?" He says laughing.
Melissa: "yeah, that's you name now" I laugh too.
Ruel: "okay...Lissa?"
That's acc quite a cute nickname.
Melissa: "okay, okay" we both laugh.
Melissa: "I should get home. If I'm late, there's no way my mum will let me leave the country for 2 weeks haha"
Ruel shows me where the dressing room is. I must of run past It like 10 times. I grab my things and he offers to drop me home. That would be easier than getting the train. He takes me to the car and we drop Nate and Chelsea off at the hotel on the way there since it was Nate's car. The whole journey we talk about loads. I tell him about all the gossip at my school and he tells me loads of story's and things to expect on the tour. Time flies by and before I knew it we were home.
Ruel: "text me about what your parents say okay?"
Melissa: "do you wanna like, come in."
He looks at me with a scared, worried look on his face. "I mean I am about to ask my mum if I can go away with someone for 2 weeks. I think it will be better if she met you first.
Ruel: "ummm, sure okay."
Melissa: "don't worry it's only my mum, my dad isn't home for a few days. My mums nice. I just hope my brother isn't home." Ruel looks back at me and says
Ruel: "brother?!" I laugh at him
Melissa: "don't worry it's fine. Just talk about football and he'll like you"
Ruel: "Melissa, I know nothing about English football."
Melissa: "alright just be you and he will like you, don't worry"
I was quite nervous what they would think and what Jacob was gonna do about me bringing a boy home but YOLO
I ring the doorbell and Jacob answers.